Alonso's future *SPOILER* | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Alonso's future *SPOILER*

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tifosi12, Oct 21, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    +1

Alonso really is his own worst enemy. He lost the championship this year as much as Kimi won it. He really only has himself to blame, sad to say.

2. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Ted, Alonso really reminds me of Prost, not only in his actions but his driving style as well.

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    +1

No wonder I like Alonso. I was a big Prost fan. Including his sacking from Ferrari. :)

BTW: Isn't it bizarre, that we still don't know where Alonso is going next year? I hated the waiting game with MS last year, but at least that was over in Monza. This year is just killing me. This is the Silly After season.

4. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    If LH had won we'd all think McLaren were genius for their focus on LH over FA. Now we all question it.

Perhaps the errors were made in not preparing for and handling the isuues that arose when both cars and drivers were so close in performance that they became competitive along with the different camps inside the organization.

5. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Some would, I myself would have been upset that the sport was weakened by allowing a rookie in a competitive car and thus demonstrating to the world that the driver is only 90% of the equation ... thus by inference making all other F1 drivers look not so good. Hardly good marketing for the premiere motorracing level. I was okay with JV being competitive because at that time CART was a quality series.
    In the end no matter how good you are, and how much physico training, etc. you still have lots to learn when you start any new series. McLaren's mistake was to let LH get way over confident and not keeping him in his place. IMHO when he told Ron to "go swivel" he should have been reprimanded (within the team) to ensure he kept focus and grew in stature slowly and under control. This would have been a great time to sit him down with Alonso and Ron over a beer or 2 and discuss what it means to be a WDC, and how it is not just the driving and to clearly remind LH that he has been nothing more than consistent and using the superior CAR under him to back championship points. Ofcourse this is what it is all about ... but hopefully you can see what I am trying to say about keeping LH focused, because I think he lost the WDC because he very much started to think he was a superhero and about to become the next Fangio ... before he actually got there. A lot of this can be blamed on the English and their press for over pumping him up, but Ron's main job was to let some air out ... which for some strange reason he didn't do. Maybe Ron got over excited about LH too??

This is again why I said from the very begining of THIS season that Alonso should have been number 1 in the team and USED to mature LH into a top line driver, and that this would HELP LH's career. I now feel that LH may become another Jensen Button ... definitely his resent comments in the press are like a cocky kid, so Ron still has lots of work to do.
    Pete