Alonso's future *SPOILER* | FerrariChat

Alonso's future *SPOILER*

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tifosi12, Oct 21, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Still no word on what his 2008 plans are. Strange. I expected him to speak at the press conference about Renault etc.

Also surprised not to hear more about Ralf's plans and was surprised to hear that Rubens might have already had his last race.

Are we in for a flurry of announcements coming next week?

2. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    After seeing Alonso so happy and friendly towards Kimi and Massa in the press conference, I'll predict Toro Rosso will become Ferrari's B-team next year, with Alonso as #1 driver bulding it up, trying to become a second Schumacher. What do you say? Drugs? Me? Of course not...*cough* ;)

Speaking of Rubens, isn't he the driver who's been in F1 the longest of them all at the moment? He had great days with Schumi, but I fear his time has come

3. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I say yes about you being on drugs. Same here btw, that Champagne tasted never better...

Yes Rubens is the longest running pilot. But all the rumors were that 08 was his last season until Speed TV today started speculating that he is done for now.

4. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Oh Andreas you and your Crystal Ball.........your suppose to look into it, not pick it up and shake it around :D

5. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    IMO we'll start hearing announcements within the next couple weeks as to where Alonso will be headed if anywhere. I guess it's time to settle down and wait out the off season.

6. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    Martini here, and indeed, it tastes fine :D

Didn't know about his future, but as said, his time is over... what has he got to win? It will only become worse for him.

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Zum Wohl!

Auf Kimi und Ferrari!

8. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    Auf Kimi und Ferrari! Prost! :)

9. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Alonso MUST be going back to Renault. How could he stay at MM after this year with what went on between him and the team, Lewis and the press. He must be leaving, I would say there is a huge chance that he is with Renault next year.

Q: The driver line-up is another issue of burning interest. You were seen talking to Ralf Schumacher’s manager in Shanghai. Would he be an option?
    Dr Vijay Mallya: I know Ralf well from my role as a sponsor of the Toyota team and I personally hold him in high regard. But a driver line-up is not something that should be decided by the heart but by the brain. I want drivers that can raise the standards in the team. {<<< OUCH!} I always get asked if we will have an Indian driver and my response is - if I can find one who is ready, yes. But only under the parameters just said. Drivers are a crucial part of the team so the driver line-up is a serious matter and not a sympathy contest.

I say Ralf is lacking in his options, is Toro Rosso still available to him? Spyker maybe? Super Aguri possibly?

10. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Should be exciting!

11. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I would say Ralf is going to "Force India". If you look on F1.com, there are a few pics of Ralf walking around with VJ and conversing with him. I know that's not really a strong indication, but they are friends and Ralf has no other options.

12. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Alonso will be under Dennis. Ron likes it on top. :D

13. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    He seemed very ok/calm at the press conference..Prob much more than if Lewis had won .

14. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Prediction :

Alfonso at Toyota, rookie (or Sato) as his partner. (Trulli, Ralf out)...dont forget Toyota has big $$$$$$ and can afford him

2 new drivers in the Renualt

1 new rookie at McCheaters

Rubens (50/50 out)...Trulli taking that seat if open.

Everything else the same (more or less)

15. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    I'm presuming Heikki K is staying in F1, I thought he looked pretty good towards the end. I think Renault might hold onto him.

16. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    Probably. I have a strong feeling that Alonso will be back with Flavio at Renault next year.

17. anguruso

anguruso Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2007
    Hong Kong/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Angus Cheng
    I bet he'll go to Toyota they can offer him an enormous amount of money.

18. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    No WAY would Alonso go to Toyota. Renaul would be able to pay him too, and he has memories of WDC's there. He probably feels that if he can get the gel going again, he can win in an Renault. I don't think he feels he can win in a Toyota and he's right. Toyota needs to worry about making a car that is half decent, not getting a driver who is a WDC-level competitor.

19. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    i don't see why or how Rubens could have had his last race. it's the friggin car, and not the driver.

20. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    He's going to Renault and depending on when he gets released from his contract, he may be able to start early testing with the team and get the car sorted out. We may very well see three drivers competing for the WDC at the last race next year, just with three different teams rather than two.

21. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    He has already turned that down. Regardless of how much money he would get paid, he is not dumb; therefore, he knows that he will never have a chance to win in the Toyota. Besides, money isn't really a problem for this guy.

22. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Right on.

He's not a stupid man and he is already one year removed from winning the WDC. If he went to Toyota he can count on not winning it 2 more years - and then guys like Hamilton and Kimi (who will be winning in his absence) will be the big name guys and Alonso will be an also-ran who won a WDC "years ago". He will quickly turn into someone like Villeneuve. And don't forget that Alonso is what, 26 or 27 this year? No doubt he would want a 3-year or longer big money contract, because thats what it would take (and if he did a one year, and when he didnt win, he would quickly find his market price much much lower). He would end his time at Toyota as a 30-year old also ran who nobody really wanted. IMO of course.

Nah, he will go to Renault on a 2-year deal and Flavio will pay Ron what his salary would have been. Then McLaren will likely take someone else who'se available. Perhaps Button, perhaps Heidfeld if he comes available, maybe even Paffet or maybe some back-room deal would be arranged where they get someone else. I am sure Ron wouldn't mind someone like Vettel or Rosberg or even someone like Sutil perhaps.

23. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Excellent post Mike.

24. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    +1

I would love to see Rosberg in car that can win, or maybe even Vettel. Although I think it's pretty unlikely, it would be really interesting to see how Sutil would do in a competitive.

25. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Yes, but don't forget, Alonso is still young. very young. if he joins Toyo-da, there's a chance he might pull of something like what MS did for Ferrari.