ALONSO: Which Team In 2008 (Poll) | FerrariChat

ALONSO: Which Team In 2008 (Poll)

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by RP, Nov 4, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Alonso In 2008: For Which Team Will He Drive?

1. Renault

2. BMW

3. Toyota

4. Spyker

5. Williams

6. McLaren (anything's possible)

7. His home in Majorca

8. NASCAR as JPM's teammate

9. IRL as Danica's teammate

10. On Andreas' slot car team

11. Torro Rosso

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Speculation as to where Fred will land for 2008. So let's see if we guess right. I am thinking Renault. Although a trade with BMW for Nick or a trade with Williams for Nico would be interesting.

Include in your response where you think the displaced 2007 driver will land, for example, if you think Alonso will go to Williams for Nico Rosberg, where will Nico land?

Poll closes Nov 30 as I would think Alonso will announce before year end. I also realize I had Torro Rosso on my list but overlooked adding them to the poll. Andreas can you edit?

(yes, without an F1 race to watch within two weeks I am bored so look for more stupid posts)

2. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    I voted for him to be Danica's teammate. Why? Because it was the funniest choice. :)

3. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    I picked Andrea's slot car team, because it is the closest he will ever get to racing for Ferrari.

4. TrentS

TrentS Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2005
    South Florida
    Ron, you forgot RED BULL in your poll... Personally I think he'll end up back at Renault, partnered with Nelsinho, but Red Bull is also rumored to be bidding heavily for him, and if you believe a story that came out today, Ross Brawn as well.

And Spyker is now "FORCE INDIA" ;)

5. red355

red355 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2007
    Pa
    Red Bull

6. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Renault; They deserve each other.
    Alonso still has the hunger to be champion and will not go to a "lesser" team because of money.
    Mclaren, Ferrari or Renault are the top teams now.
    BMW is on the bubble and would be a logical second choice.

7. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

Haven't heard any serious rumors about Red Bull and Alonso, only the Toro Rosso division. Where today did you see a story about Brawn and Red Bull?

Most people do not yet recognize Spyker as Force India, so I kept with Spyker.

8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You guys are hilarious.

Particularly since I dismantled my slot car track a year ago. But I would put it back together for Alonso. After all slot cars have a huge tradition in Spain.

Sorry Ron, I can't edit the poll itself.

9. TrentS

TrentS Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2005
    South Florida
  10. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    +1

Webber swapped to McLaren ... exactly what both teams need. Will be interesting to see Webber versus LH ...
    Pete

11. pdavid

pdavid Karting

Dec 15, 2005
  12. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Oh. I'd love that.

13. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
  14. GrndLkNatv

GrndLkNatv Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens
    Ferrari for 2009+ Brawn will not be at Red Bull, that's pure rumor. Watch for JT to head up Ferrari as CEO, RB to be team principal, JT to be on the board of the FIA....

15. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
  16. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    He'll end up at Renault...

Scuderia Toro Rosso? At least he'll have a Ferrari motor....

If Alonso purely wanted money, then why go to Red Bull when Toyota is still looking?

17. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    He doesn't want just money and that is not why he would go to Red Bull. Red Bull WILL be the next big team as they are moving forward, and with Newey they WILL get faster. Toyota will never hire a proper designer ... so they will never get faster unless they get really lucky (ie. a Toyota Echo designer just turns out to have a knack for doing F1 aerodynamics).

Now a top line current driver is what Red Bull need. Perfect move for Alonso IMO. Renault on the other hand have gone too far backwards ...
    Pete

18. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    You would find it interesting to see Webber get his azz handed to him in a season-long embarassment?

Come on - Webber is 1/100th the talent Alonso is, and Alonso and Hamilton are pretty close. McLaren would be better served with almost anyone but Webber!

19. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    ...except it would likely take at least 2 seasons behind them for it to pay serious dividends - and by that time Alonso would be looooog gone.

Good for RBR if it happens though. I doubt they would stick with the other non-Alonso driver if they start to get fast. Both "other" drivers are decent, but not WDC-caliber material.

20. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Fantasy. How about an argument that isn't based on feelings, and one based on facts?

21. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    You guys failed to mention that Geoff Willis is also at RBR and will help make the car more reliable as well as quicker. Kimi.

22. Artvonne

Artvonne F1 Veteran

Oct 29, 2004
    NWA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    If he went to NASCAR I might actually watch just to see him and Juan Pablum bang fenders. Besides, it might actually show people where washed up F1 drivers go.

23. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Probably but Webber has never had reliability and thus he would be able to back off with the risks and cruise and bag points ... just like LH did this year, and yet everybody had multiple orgasims. All because the MCLAREN (not LH, okay okay except for his wins ...) was getting points ... weird. Even Webber is a McLaren would be guaranteed a 4th place.
    Also if he did get the whipping you are expecting ... finally McLaren would be able to simply choose which driver to support :).

It's a win win situation. Plus I doubt there are many other drivers that would want to drive along side 'Mr Back-Stabbing' LH (or maybe I should say LH's father). No young gun will want to risk it ...
    Pete

24. Lexdiamonnyc

Lexdiamonnyc Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    North NJ
    Full Name:
    Lex
    OUCH!...., you think Alonso is washed up?........funny guy!lol.

25. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    the second seat at McL is a poisoned chalice , your career would be doomed