`Alonso snubs McLaren peace-talks` | FerrariChat

`Alonso snubs McLaren peace-talks`

Discussion in 'F1' started by jk0001, Aug 16, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
  2. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Read that this morning on F1-Live, if it is true, I just can't imagine LH and FA being teammates again next year at McLaren-Mercedes.

3. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    planetF1 seems to be a muck-racking site with some of their stories.

Did Alonso actually "snub" the talks or did he have plans that precluded joining them an Ojjeh's yacht?

4. MGD416

MGD416 Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Matt
    thats what i thought

Manda racing likes this.
  5. Kieran

Kieran F1 Rookie

Jul 23, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Kieran
    Send Alonso to Honda!

6. Ambassiatore

Ambassiatore Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2007
    Full Name:
    David Figueredo T.
    ...Alonso is being an Asshlonso?...no wonder, but the article seems a tad interested in showing him rude about the decline...

...then again those talks with Renault and BMW start to sound a little bit more "grounded" than usuall...

7. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    The same thing has also been reported by F1-Live: http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/070816141817.shtml

I don't know if you would consider them to be more creditible or not. From what I have been told, it is a site owned operated by Tag-Heuer, one of the sponsoring partner to McLaren-Mercedes.

8. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I think we can pretty much settle on the fact that all these "stories" are embellished or misinterpreted to some degree. They have to report something, and if all they have are eggs, why not scramble them?

9. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    From Panet F-1

What more do you need to know about FA's childishness and lack of class? Obviously "holiday plans" would be dropped in a second if he had any wish to salvage this relationship.

Two great quotes from John Surtees (from http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61550):

mkultra likes this.
  10. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    So true, especially with the Summer Break!

11. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    In the interest of peace within the team, I will sub for FA.
    Included in the deal I promise to slather LH with praise to include such phrases as; " I always knew you would be quicker, but wow, so soon".
    And " You do look so graceful on the top podium step ".

Ron's Kudus include; " Gosh, with management techniques such as yours, its amazing your not running the whole F1 show !"

Kimi and I can pass the bottle and do back flips off the radar arch.

12. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Sounds like quite the vacation, with the way you put it I'm even more surprised that Alonso wouldn't take them up on the offer.

13. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    i'm more interested in the fact that Lewis seems to be goin after Sara Ojjeh....she's pretty hot :p :p

14. tonyc

tonyc Formula 3

Oct 19, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Tony C
    Regardless if FA was rude, or had other plans, he can not feel good about Ron spending a lot of time with Lewis. I would imagine that FA feels as though Ron is "favoring" Lewis. I tend to always route for the underdog, FA now seems like the underdog over at McL.

15. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    If you want to root for an underdog, don't pick a 26 year old multi millionaire who is a two time champion already. He has a strong shot to take the title for the third year in a row. I'll send you a Tonio Liuzzi t-shirt or something, now there's your underdog.

16. asds3x

asds3x Karting

Oct 11, 2004
    Lewis can go suck up to the puppet master , but if Fred had plans why should he change them to join a sausage fest ?

He is being paid to drive a race car, not bond with another sausage. Plus you unless you are part of the inner circle you guys are geting your panties wet over things you read on the web, which may or may not have any truth to them. Sucked in fools.

You guys are sure obsessed with Fred and how he conducts himself, kinda worried about it. Is this "don't ask don't tell" ?

As a Ferrari site site shouldn't you guys be more concerned about for example FIAT's excellent job of screwing up mole face Massa's race? Sorry dude we forgot to get some gas for you.

17. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    That rumor appears to be tabloid speculation, mostly attributed to "the Sun" (origins of the "page 3 girl"), and mostly based on a single photo, where the overlapping perspective might make it look like they were holding hands -- if you don't look closely.

These long F1 breaks have reporters scrambling for news.

But then, it does create opportunities for crude and tacky jokes about another struggle between Lewis and Alonso for getting "pole position". (barump-dump) :p

18. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Now this is a funny post.

19. anguruso

anguruso Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2007
    Hong Kong/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Angus Cheng
    hahahahahahah!!!!

20. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    So either Fernando had other plans or he really said screw it. Good for him in either case.

21. tonyc

tonyc Formula 3

Oct 19, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Tony C
    Ha ha ! I'll take the T-shirt!

22. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Isn't planetF1 and F1live both British? I smell BS on this one.