Alonso showing his lack of class - yet again | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Alonso showing his lack of class - yet again

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Beau365, Aug 4, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    You seem to be a bit confused about the Stewards and FIA and the fact the two are connected. The document referencing the case was issued by the FIA and signed by the FIA Stewards of the Meeting -> Tony Scott Andrews, Derek Ledger and Lajos Herczeg.

Here's what was decided and why and it did occur during qualifying:

The explanation given by Alonso as to why at the expiration of the 20 second period he remained in his pit stop position for a further 10 seconds is not accepted. The Stewards find that he unnecessarily impeded another driver, Hamilton, and as a result he will be penalised by a loss of 5 grid positions.

The explanation given by the team as to why they kept Alonso stationary for 20 seconds after completion of his tyre change and therefore delayed Hamilton's own pit stop is not accepted.

The actions of the team in the final minutes of Qualifying are considered prejudicial to the interests of the competition and to the interests of motor sport generally. The penalty to be applied is that such points (if any) in the 2007 Formula One Constructors Championship as accrue to the team as a result of their participation in the 2007 Hungarian Grand Prix wilt be withdrawn.

Fisi also received a grid penalty for blocking Yamamoto - remember, he qualified 8 the started the race 13th.

Carol

2. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    +1

3. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

the results are not the issue here, but the harmony within the team. thats questionable. someone said in somewhere Ron Dennis may retire end of this year with stress, and whoever said that might be true. RD was quoted saying that he's drained over the weekend, and it's clear to see that he's not happy even with Hammi winning.

4. asds3x

asds3x Karting

Oct 11, 2004
    So Ron's boy is not the charming little angel he seems to be, I'm shocked I tell you.

Fred's plan backfired, but good for him for trying. All this team mate man love you guys seem to want to see is all BS.
    Fred needs to look out for Fred and only Fred.

Ron doesn't care if either driver wins a WDC only the Manf. title.

Good to see the Speed crew point out that Masa's little bltch whiney session was because he was out driven by Fred. But since Fred does mixed martial arts during the off season to stay in shape he should have kicked Massa's a$$ for touching him before the podium of the previous GP. Fred you wuss, some h0m0 touches him he should have caved in his wind pipe.

Bring on Turkey, oh the drama.

5. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Yep! Petty bull puckey, is what it is. At this stage in the game, all stewards need to think very carefully about the punishments they mete out...one bad call now could cost a driver a WDC.

F1 is turning into a genuine circus.

6. vroomgt

vroomgt Formula 3

Aug 23, 2004
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    John ARBA
  7. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
  8. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    It is obvious that Alonso will do anything to try to beat Hamilton, Its tuff when a rookie comes in and drives the pants off of you all the time. I'm waiting for Alonso to drive him into a wall and then complain that he had an issue with his steering

9. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    Granted they are very competitive, Lewis is hardly driving Fernando's pants off of him all the time. They are 7 points apart and tied for wins.

10. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    If it were Kimi doing that it would probably be easier to handle. But when it's a rookie that is still ahead at this point in the season, I can see why Alonso would be rattled.

11. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    Agreed

12. DMC308

DMC308 F1 Rookie

Aug 19, 2006
    Seattle/Noosa
    Full Name:
    D
    I think LH is the next Schumi, not FA...

13. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I think I get your point...is it something to the effect of "shut up and drive"? He's clearly a talent, but I'm going to have to agree that he overstepped his boundaries as a rookie. I think he should the support of the team to win as often as he can, but his comments to RD were absolutely out of line. It also appears that my original suspicion that RD was behind the Alonso "block" was correct, although it wasn't simply about appeasing Alonso's ego. It was about insubordination, and as much as it pains me to say as much, I have to support RD's intent to teach LH a lesson (whether it was poorly conceived or not). A CEO does have the right to run a business in accordance with his philosophy, and Hamilton's break from that led to the sad turn of events for McLaren.

...and you all know I'm a Ferrari fan, but fair is fair. I was pissed as this whole thing unfolded, but after more of the information has filtered down (especially the radio exchange) I am more understanding of Dennis' thinking in this matter.(not the action though...penalize him in private or something. Blocking his lap leads everyone to believe that he is engineering the session results and cow-towing to Alonso)

14. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    If you look back to the beginning days of Scuderia Ferrari, this was the very attitude that Enzo maintained amongst the stablemates, while Maserati drivers would party together aterwards. I'm more of a team player when amongst a group, but don't know for sure what present day Scuderia philosophy is, or whats ultimately best for winning titles to be obtained & 'maintained'.

15. jbanzai

jbanzai Formula 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Julio
    But you are missing the point, regulations talk about impiding in the lap, so when the cars are actually running on the track. The regulations say nothing about delays on the pitstops. If they were they would had mention the article in their FIA statment, which they did not, becuase it does not exist.

16. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I find again the bias to LH amazing.

Do you know why Alonso did what he did, which yes I agree was a classless move?

Alonso did this because LH BROKE team orders earlier and did not allow Alonso the extra fuel burn laps. Understandably Alonso AND McLaren were very unhappy. Alonso should not have done what he did but LH did the FIRST unsporting move.

Bascially Alonso has given LH the WDC anyway ... pity as this year might have become interesting watching him beat the little F1 baised British (but talented) driver that is bringing in oh so much money for Bernie.
    Pete
    ps: Even Peter Winsor thought what LH did should have been penalised or atleast unsporting ... yes really, I heard this on a Aussie channel 10 interview.

17. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    In FIA parlance, the Box is part of the track, therefore baulking in the pits is no different than baulking on the main straight. It is for this reason that a car may not engage reverse in pit lane, but must be pulled back to the box by the team. What FA did was as unfair as what MS did at Monaco.

That said, I am also disappointed in the F word slanging match that LH had with RD. Neither driver is showing much maturity. If FA needed another lap of fuel burn, than McLaren should have gotten him down to the front of the Q3 line first as neither driver can be counted on to carry out the teams program.