Alonso is at it again...Ugh... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Alonso is at it again...Ugh...

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by ItaliaF1, Apr 17, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona

Jealous?

2. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Welcome to my ignore list. You have nothing of value to contribute therefore you have nothing to say that I need hear.

3. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC

+2

It appears that some will never forgive him for beating Schumacher two years in a row.

4. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC

That is like saying McLaren/Renault/Williams/take-your-pick handed Ferrari the championships in 1999 through 2004. Either you earn the title or you don't, the losers always have excuses why they didn't win.

Ferrari/Bridgestone had the same opportunity to develop their package heading into the season as did every other team (and even moreso considering their much larger resources). The fact that they failed to do so does not mean that they handed the championship away, it means they failed to perform strongly enough to win the title, plain and simple. Nothing was "given away", Ferrari didn't earn it that year.

5. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    From DGS' post #25...

Can someone translate into spanish:
    "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

Think about it.

6. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    After qualifying he told to the Spanish media that the issue with the lighting pod didn´t affect him. Now he says the opposite. I suppose he changed his mind.

7. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    If the light hits where the twit sits, you must acquit.

8. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    The FIA changed the rules to stop Ferrari from winning. Now lets say we took out Renault's mass damper system times ten, we have the point where Ferrari was at in 2005.

9. Moca

Moca Formula 3

Feb 3, 2007
    Hungary, Szombathely
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Simply dont like it. he is STUCK-UP. I really dont like Formula One too, so im not jealous :) (More exciting ... FIA GT Cup)

10. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    He beat Michael fair and square and won two championships, earned and deserves both of them. But he still acts like a child when things don't go his way and just has to be heard that it's everyone elses fault so nobody will blame him.

11. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    "Mejor callarse y que te tomen por tonto que hablar y quitar toda duda"

12. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    nicely said.

13. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    and MS didn't act like a child, trying to run competitors off he road?

14. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    I have yet to see Alonso say anything that 98% of all F1 drivers don't say at one time or another.

15. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Seriously, or all race car drivers for that matter.

16. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Maybe I didn't read my own post correctly, but I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything with regards to MS, and I have never defended MS for running people off the road. I wasn't an F1 fan back when he was doing all that, and when he pulled his parking stunt in Monaco last year I certainly didn't support it.

Last time I checked this was a thread regarding Fernando's comments that show him to be somewhat of a non-team player, separating himself from the team if the race doesn't go his way, saying it must have been something with the car. As already stated in the thread, we haven't been hearing other drivers complain about the team publicly to the media, and when they do I'd have the same feelings towards them as I do to FA.

17. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    You must not read very many F1 periodicals, Ralf has been ranting and raving about his Toyota all season.

All drivers complain at one time or another. A race driver with every excuse in the book for losing except his own talent is almost a cliche.

18. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    That would show class on FA's part; don't hold your breadth.....

19. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Remember reading Rob Walker's Road and Track columns in which he reviewed the drivers-he always said the thing he liked about Lauda was that Niki, when beaten, never made excuses but gave full credit to the winner, which was rare even back in the day.....

20. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Hah fair enough, start a thread about it and I'll say the same thing about Ralf.

21. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    There is almost no hope for him, though. On the other hand, Alonso has immense talent and a great car, but he just has diarrhea of the mouth a lot.

22. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    That's a nasty image...

23. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    I wonder how much drivers influence each other. After the Senna and Schumi years, Alonso might think it's "expected" that a WDC act like a jerk. Just as I wonder if Kimi does his monotone mumbling in imitation of Mika.

But Alonso got it wrong. Schumi might have been a bull in a china shop on track, but he didn't tend to gripe about the car or team ... and you never heard him say his teammate wasn't supporting him. ;)

Not all Finns are devoid of enunciation in english. Ever hear Marcus Gronholm going on about that dumb 4-speed box Peugeot thought was "sufficient" in a WRC car? :p

Alonso is a talented driver, and unless something changes in the vehicles, he stands a reasonable chance (alas) to bag his third title this year (once he gets used to the spec B-stones). But he'd better be the best driver out there. Otherwise you wouldn't want him in the building, even to empty your dust bins.

Pity Alonso is too young to remember drivers like Niki Lauda, Rene Arnoux and Gilles Villeneuve.

Besides: Alonso's teammate is also a talented (if less experienced) driver, and doesn't trash the team, car, and mechanics in the media. If Alonso doesn't learn some class, pretty soon he may have reason to complain that the garage is putting their efforts behind Hamilton.

Hamilton may learn racecraft from Alonso, but there are things Alonso can learn from Hamilton, too.

24. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    +1

25. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Bernie was quoted as saying he doesn't consider Alonso a good champion. Wondery why?
    I was in Paris watching this race at the Renault Twingo cafe where its also broadcast live on Radio Monaco with Patrick Depallier. When Kimi came out ahead of Alonso out of the pits, the place errupted in aplause. Same when Heidfeld passed his whiny Mclaren driving butt on the track.
    Guess the locals weren't fans? Wonder why