Alonso Hints at Ferrari Move | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Alonso Hints at Ferrari Move

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by jk0001, Mar 25, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pirate75

Pirate75 Karting

Feb 19, 2008
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    JT
    Come on guys, Alonso-Kimi will never happen. Too much ego and not enough racing points. And I was a fan of Alonso...until last year. He created problems for MCL, but not completely to blame. Dennis and Hami threw gas on that fire. But never forget his role in the scandal. He was a catalyst in it, and would you really want someone driving for your team who seems to have no loyalty to his current team? And remember, we're only two races into the year and he's already hinting about a team change.

And by the way, 50 million over 20 races? 2.5 mill per race? How can anybody in their right mind complain about being with a team that would pay them this...if I were Flav, I'd ask for my 5 mill back for the past two races...

2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

+1 Couldnt agree more on the $$ side. With cost fast becoming issue #1, Alonso is actually looking very very expensive. He will price himself out of the market or take a large pay cut just to stay viable. He is not far from being done with the mouth and attitude he currently posseses. There are talented drivers without his baggage that will drive for less-$.

3. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    A winning driver is still the most cost effective outlay in F1, even at these levels.

4. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I tend to agree, I would love to see Lewis in a Ferrari but alas, I fear it would take more than money, a pipe dream for me..

5. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Schumacher threw Jordan under the bus after only one race.

Drivers are in F1 to win, not to be all warm and fuzzy.

6. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    That's true, however, the guy is showing ZERO respect to the team with which he won 2WDC's and the man who is paying him a tremendous amount of (as you say) "Convenience" money for driving this year! Alonso's mercenary attitude is just too obvious.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Tifoso way more than any driver fan, so I'd like to see red suits on every podium as well. Alonso is a better pilot than Massa but Ferrari has been too successful with one guy clearly playing the back up role to upset the applecart while Kimi is there.

7. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Alonso will never come to Ferrari as long as MS has any influence. MS has nothing but bad blood for FA. JT's departure will not help FA's chances of becoming a pilota

8. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Change the name to Schumacher and the date to 1995 and you can say the exact same thing.

You would give MS a pass for the same thing you criticize Alonso for? What if Alonso brings 5 WDCs in a row to Ferrari, would you change your tune?

I'll answer for you: Yes.

Explain to me how having a guy who can't keep his car on the track without TC and who has thrown away valuable constructor's title points two races in a row is actually helping the team?

You want to see two red suits on every podium? You won't with Massa on the team.

9. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Ridiculous

10. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I disagree. I would criticize anyone who would throw Flav under the bus in this situation. Protocol (well, mine anyway) states you don't undermine someone who has done so much for you personally.

While I see your point, I guess I would much rather see someone a little more loyal (and perhaps future WDC material to replace Kimi as the #1) on the team if/when they can Massa. :)

I know what you're gonna say about FA being WDC material but there are others as well.....

11. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    I think we should keep dreaming Steve, nothing is impossible and it just might happen one day.

12. Ambassiatore

Ambassiatore Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2007
    Full Name:
    David Figueredo T.
    +1...I dont like the Idea, I dont even think the red suits his eyebrows...but Massa NEEDS to become world champ this year if he wanted to keep his seat, so Ferrari will have a tough time deciding between letting him go and Bringing Alonso over...better 2 Drivers with 1 WDC...call it what you will.

...but as much as I like Massa and stand by his side until his points math bursts the bubble (hope he bounces back and has had a good smack in the forehead)...I can see that coming since last year, thanks to comments made by Benoit AND EVEN MONTEZEMOLO...well, and I admit Andreas is been on the money for quite a while.

the Massa contract until 2010 is ridiculous at this rate...in F1 a contract is just something to read as "official"

I DONT LIKE IT, but I can feel it coming...like putting the ear against the rail minutes before the train is even visible.

If ALONSO wins for Ferrari, well Im glad for Ferrari...I´ll root for his teammate instead. :)

13. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ok Ian ,never say never :)

14. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    LOL... I think his best chance was last year, but like my above post ..

Massa's chance that is..

15. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Flavio fires drivers at the drop of a hat. there is no such thing as loyalty in F1, there are only mutually shared interests.

If Alonso lost a second a lap, how quickly do you think Flavio would fire him? Just ask Heikki... :rolleyes:

Alonso is not WDC "material", he IS a 2x WDC. There is no one else in F1 today that can say that and only one other who has actually won a WDC. With everyone else, the question is could he become WDC? With Alonso that question has already been answered...twice over.

16. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Ok, I'll prolong this.... :) He is WDC material in a Ferrari! :)

What I'd rather see is someone who's very talented (but in a lesser car) and has it in him to be a WDC like Vettel or Kubica.

17. EL Nino

EL Nino Karting

Sep 29, 2005
    Iff Alonso comes to Ferrari. I'm no FAN ANY MORE!!! I HATE ALONSO. They will get the same effect as what Alonso did at McLaren with Lewis. And he's a (..)hole. Silence, I Kill Alonso. (I'm crazy)

18. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    You're on the wrong website then. This is for Ferrari supporters. We don't want or need any fans whose loyalty is conditional. Goodbye.

19. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    El Nino is Spanish for fair weather friend?

20. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    El nino is Spanish for The Nino :D

21. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Actually it's Spanish for Alonso. It means "the child"...

22. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    :D How true, how true.

23. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Poetic justice maybe that Flav now gets some of his own medicine back: It was he who threw Jordan under the bus to get MS.

24. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Bernie denies that Flav is in line for his job. I don't know why not. J.M. Balestre did such a fine job.

25. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Balestre was clueless, but I have only the highest respect for Flavio. I'm sure he'd do a stellar job.