A few Mondial Questions.... | FerrariChat

A few Mondial Questions....

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 96cobrakid, May 6, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 96cobrakid

96cobrakid Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Chris
    While I don't need to buy a car, this one has just jumped out at me for some reason.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=135778044#post135778044

He says the tranny doesn't like to shift into gear when cold, is this "normal" in the early cars. Is it a sign the tranny/clutch is going out on it? How much do the tranny's in these cars cost to have redone or to find a new/used good one. Where do I even start looking for mondial parts when I would need them.

Where do I look for things like the leather armreast in the rear. Probably the whole car. Where do I start.

And the lights in the dash don't work and its electrical. IS this common at all? I know the fuse boxes are better replaced in the cars. Is the wiring something I can do myself to trouble shoot?I am mechanical and can work on it myself Im sure, but am not sure about chasing down electrical grimlins.

Any info on where to find parts would be my best bet for answers I guess. Thanks for all your help. Pics are in the thread i linked too.

2. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    2nd gear is the only real problem when cold, parts are quite easy to obtain with ebay and various breakers, I have a rear armrest but its for a Uk Qv so it might be slightly different, I haven't looked at the pics on the other thread.
    Do a search on here for the electrical problems, most of us on here have had them from time to time and there will guaranteed be someone on here who can help you

3. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    They're all awkward, change to redline oil in the boxc and you may see and improvement

Have a look in the sponsors section, you'll also find that there are lots of us with mountains of spares tucked away

Pete's will fit

It's usualy dead earths and corroded conections, just take it apart one thing at a time and clean up all the conectors with something like stabilant 22 (from Ricambi America)

4. 96cobrakid

96cobrakid Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Chris
    thanks for the replys. any more sites you guys can point me toward

5. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name: