87 Mondial Check-Control Unit | FerrariChat

87 Mondial Check-Control Unit

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by optionstan, May 4, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. optionstan

optionstan Rookie

Jun 15, 2004
    I posted this in the Technical Advice forum, but nobody seemed to read it, I'm assuming that was the wrong forum. I apologize for double posting. Anyway...

Hi all, I'm newbie and need some help.

The check-control unit (that console between the seats with all the little lights and the big green, orange, and red lights) in my 87 Mondial, does not light up when the headlights are turned on, it's completely blacked out. However, if I open a bonnet, the red warning light comes on and the first 5 little lights light up. Therefore, I don't think it's a fuse. What else can it be? The car has under 15k miles, and it's never had any type of electrical problem. Ferrari wants too much money even to look at it. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you

2. mondialmerle

mondialmerle Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Egg Harbor Township,NJ
    Full Name:
    Merle Graham
    I have seen these panels for sale on E-Bay. If I remember right no one ever bid on them.Good Luck. MBG

3. 350HPMondial

350HPMondial F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2002
    18 mi from the surf,, close to Pismo, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwardo
    First, , don't attempt to remove it without FIRST unplugging it from below.

THIS is how they all get broken......! (The printed circuit board inside can be repaired,, it is quite simple. )

You have to take the console apart to fix this.
    I can talk you through it,, ,spend a couple days doing it, ,clean out all the nooks and crannies . .. . It will be fun.

4. optionstan

optionstan Rookie

Jun 15, 2004
    Thanks for the offer, Eduardo. Are you sure that it's the actual unit, can it be anything else? If we decide to proceed, I'm going to need lot's of help, I'm not even sure how to get the thing out!!! Is this something that you think an "ameteur" can handle? Thanks again for your offer and support, Stan

5. Shark49

Shark49 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Boone, NC
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    I just took mine apart trying to figure out why my a/c just turns itself off but no luck. Be especially careful of the fiber optic light connectors at the console. Very easily broken loose. The hard part isint the removal, its get everything back together! Good luck.

6. MondiAl87

MondiAl87 Karting

Oct 10, 2005
    Sacramento Area
    Full Name:
    Al D.
    I responded to your first post in the Technical section. Did that help?