812 Ignition/Dashboard | FerrariChat

812 Ignition/Dashboard

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by marky1, Jan 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Is anyone finding when they turn off their 812 the Ferrari sign on dash stays on and doesn't go off? To turn if off need to restart engine and switch off again. Am I doing something wrong when I switch off?

2. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I think it will go off but takes some time. I am sure you know but turn the car off when its in gear as well.

marky1 likes this.
  3. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    May I ask why?

4. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    The gearbox only goes into park if you switch off when in 1st.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  5. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I switch off the F12 in neutral and it automatically sets the parking brake. After startup just press the gas and it releases automatically in any mode. This is not how the 812 functions?

Based on your post above it works either way.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  7. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    As said above, if you stop the car in gear then I believe the gear box goes into park therefore giving you an extra protection from moving, the same as leaving a manual car in gear on a hill.

On an F12 if I remember right if you turn off the car in neutral then it goes into “car wash” mode and takes a few seconds as a warning before it lets you remove the key from the ignition, so the hand brake will does come on but the gear box is not locked.
    I may be wrong on this but I seem to remember the F12 doing this regularly until I figured out I need to turn in off in gear.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  8. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    FWIW, ever since they went to the DCT with the first California, I have been advised by various dealers, to park the car, turn it off in 1st gear - and the owners manuals back that up.

As to the dash display, try locking the car. The display should shut off after a short time.

Il Co-Pilota and R J like this.
  9. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Yeah that's what I do, lock it. Around 1 in 10 times the display just doesn't go off.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    #10 Il Co-Pilota, Feb 2, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
    The car does not need to be in gear to go into Park when switched off. However, if the car is in Neutral, it will take a moment after shutoff before Park engages, but it will engage. So to have it in gear is not a must, it simply means that the car goes directly into Park as soon as it is switched off. It's all on page 32 in the manual. It's the same with the Lusso. To engage "Carwash" you will need to perform an additional step after switching off the car in N. If you don't after three seconds I think, the car will go into Park.

LVP488, deltona and Caeruleus11 like this.
  11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Woops. That is page 132 of course, not 32...