812 and Lusso T break squeak every moment | FerrariChat

812 and Lusso T break squeak every moment

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Mike Chawla, Mar 31, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mike Chawla

Mike Chawla Karting

Dec 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike Chawla
    Both my cars have the sound when step on light medium or hard and went to the dealer many times but cannot fix..they say it’s common..what are your experiences and is it something to live with as it is ..thank you

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    #2 Il Co-Pilota, Mar 31, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    Before doing anything, try to properly bed your pads. They are more than likely glazed. Here's what you do.

Do 10 stops from 160 kph to 100 kph. No more than 25% brake force. Use a gentle accelleration between slow downs. This serves to gently heat up all components and reseat the pads.

Then you need to do 10 hard stops from 180 to 100 kph. Try to avoid ABS but break as hard as possible. Full throttle should be used to get the car back up to speed.

Then you run the car for a few minutes at mptorway speeds to cool everything a bit. When doing this cool down, make sure you do not apply the brake.

Then you drive home as gently as possible. Try to end the bedding in as close to home as possible. At this stage the pads and discs are not cured, so har breaking etc. will ruin the pad transfer you just put on the disc. So ease on hjme and let the car sit for 24 hours.

This sometimes cure it. If you after the bedding in remember to do 2-3 hard stops once a week, you are giving your pads fhe best chance of not glazing.

The Lusso and 812 does not share brakes. The style of brake that is on the 812 is the same as is found on the Speciale, 488, F8, Pista and TdF. Those have a tendency to squeal. The Lusso has the same caliper type as the 458, FF, F12 and Cali cars. There are a lot of pads available for the Lusso, so there's a few to try.

That being said, try Pagid RSC1 pads on both cars. They are a street style compound, but of a higher quality than what is found on the stock pads. All Ferrari CCM brakes use the old Textar T4300 compound, which can only be described as discount, cheap and obsolete.

If you order a set of 458 Italia style Pagid RSC1 pads they will fit the Lusso.
    And if you jrder a set of 488 RSC1 pads they will fit the 812.

Is this a 100% fix? No, bgt they are mire often than nkt, more quiet, and they perform better.

Just keep in mind that you will need to reuse your wear indicators, so replace before they trip.

If you are in Europe I can get you in direct co tact with Pagid and they iffer the best prices I have seen so far.

Just be aware that you will either have to change the pads yourself, which js easy, or get an indy shop to do it. Your dealer is probably not willing to help, but it never hurts to ask of course.

If they give you grief about warranty, ask them to go spin.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

350MH83, Caeruleus11 and italiafan like this.
  3. Mike Chawla

Mike Chawla Karting

Dec 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike Chawla
    Very thankful for your reply and detailed help..I will talk to dealer about the pads and warranty issue if any and will change them as per your suggestions
    Thank you again

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I had to sign a separate acknowledgment at purchase that I knew that carbon brakes squealed and made noise as part of normal operation (Ferrari of Atlanta).

5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    You do know April 1st was three weeks ago, right?

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

ryalex likes this.
  6. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    As a lawyer I laughed because I can picture the exact reasons and situation they would have drafted a document like that. But it was there in the purchase packet and I signed the acknowledgement.

JesseRohr likes this.