612 dealer swaps | FerrariChat

612 dealer swaps

Discussion in '612/599' started by QtrItalian, Jan 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. QtrItalian

QtrItalian Karting

Jan 22, 2021
    I know dealers will send cars to auctions, etc....However I notice a few '05-'07 612s for sale nationally have changed dealer hands - and of course the price has gone up $5-15K. In some cases a careful read of the CARFAX will show this. However one was traded in at an east coast dealer and prior to the picture and details posted is now surfacing 5 days later in the midwest. There's no trace of it except I was able to catch it by VIN. I wont mention specific details here. Another in California has changed dealers. In that case it was sitting for months now also with a price increase. I don't understand the business model....Anyhow not sure if anyone else sees this going on. I can't see how on a somewhat niche car raising the price will seem to get the job done. I guess current owners may be happy but will it only be a temporary inflation of value?

2. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted
    There are many reasons why dealers do what they do.
    1. They could be on a strict inventory turn (days in inventory) policy.
    2. They could be using an inventory system that shows them what models work best for their store and a 612 did not fit their profile.
    3. They found a better inventory fit for them and want to turn the money to buy other inventory.
    4. They were not the ultimate best wholesale user for the car so they put the car on the market at an attractive price. Then another store who believes they are the correct wholesale end user was willing to pay them more or enough to make them turn the money. Then they ask what they believe is the correct price.

3. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I feel like 90% of the time this happens the cars end up at Marshall Goldman!

Veloce12 likes this.