600 hp Street legal Hayabusa, 0-3.7 seconds. | FerrariChat

600 hp Street legal Hayabusa, 0-3.7 seconds.

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by chaa, May 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Busa turbo Figures taken from this weeks motor cycle news. Its 600bhp= 156bhp standard, thats %280 more powerful than standard. Get this 0-100 in 3.7 seconds compared to 5.7 seconds.0-60 in 1.8 seconds compared to 3.1 seconds. With a top speed of 240mph compared to 200mph. Standing 1/4 mile 8.2 seconds at 176mph, compared to 10.4 seconds at 137mph. Oh my goooood!!!!! I realy do need to get that kit for my BUSA!! Now were is that bloody Saleen.......0-100-0 ey, bring it on MO FO!!

2. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

The question is if you can trust that engine for more than 25 mph? 600bhp from an engine designed for 156bhp has got to be putting a tremendous strain on the engine.

3. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I would install a titanium shield under the gas tank & wear a titanium lined jacket. A lot of motorcycle drag racers have been killed when the engine exploded sending parts THROUGH the driver !!!!!!!!

4. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    In fact the Busa engine can take 300bhp relialably with out explosion they are indeed a very very strong engine. BUT i take your point becourse 300bhp is not 600bhp, though i would take a ride once......well maybe twice.......no F**K it i want one.

5. EspritSE

EspritSE Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Craig
  6. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Download that video off of WWW.Racingflix.com where the guy on the turbo busa opens up and rides a wheelie till like 150 then sets the front wheel down and as soon as he does he begins to pick up speed even faster since theres less drag. He then hits 220 mph on the speedo and it stops but the tach keeps climbing like 1 or 2 thousand more RPMs. doing probally 240 mph! It's insane. Also the video is probally only like a minute long or so.(think about that.)

7. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    You cannot ever pick up speed while the front tire is up, or else you'll loop it, thats why racers try so hard not to wheelie out of corners, so i think he prob had the throttle backed off until the front touched down, then he cracked it open. I doubt it was drag limiting in that circumstance, IMO.

8. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Good point. Also after reading your post I thought about how hard it would be to keep from flipping a 400 or so pound bike making over 600 BHP backwards with the throttle opened all the way.

9. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    WEIGH 19 STONE LIKE MEEEEEE!!!!! lol! I volunteer.!!!

10. Paul Vincent

Paul Vincent Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2004
    Done right, a 600 hp Busa is good for more than 240. After all, last fall a Busa did zero to 250 mph at Maxton (in the mile). So, it is up to the rider. The Busa (with 600 hp) will do more than 250 top end.

11. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    #11 ralfabco, May 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

A professional rider can get a showroom stock bike through the quarter in the
    hi 9's.

Mr. Turbo is in Houston. Ohhh Ahhh !!!

Mine has only 3,000 miles. (adult owned) 4K+ and she will be a turbo. hmmm ?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Any pics Chaa? I've just started getting into the bike scene recently and after riding a 600 a few times I cannot even begin to imagine the power a bike like that would have. I'm only 150 pounds soaking wet so I'd need to add some lead blocks to the front. I'm trying to imagine doing 130 mph and ripping a wheel loose.

13. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Point of Physics: 2.75 seconds 0-60 is 1.0 Gs of constant acceleration. 1.8 seconds 0-60 is a constant 1.53Gs of acceleration. Unless this was done with a longer swing arm and drag slicks::I call bullcrap! 2.3 seconds 0-60 OK, 1.8 No friggen way.

Its not a matter of power but of traction.

14. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    Death wish anyone?

15. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Stop being a **** man, i do not write for MC news, and yes it does have an extended arm. What realy pisses me of is when you get a smart arse who has never riden or drove certain machinery, then chipps in with bloody physics, maybe you might like to explain the theory of the bummble bee on paper not being able to fly to me, (smart arse) Would some one for F**Ks sake with a Busa turbo take this dude for a thunderus ride, and record him screaming like a ***** and post it, or better still write to MCN i am sure they will put you in touch with the said bike becourse its in the USA, then when they take you out,the whole world can see you prove your point.As a point of interest the artical also says that next year they are going to 700 bhp, so get out your physics books and pen and bits of paper. As we say in the I.P.B.A " this is show me country"!!..............is this the response you were after dude?? LOL!

16. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    http://www.physicsweb.org/article/news/5/10/9

heehee

17. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Only you Wax mate, only you!

18. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

I agree that it looks impossible at first, but it certainly is. Look at Top Fuel dragsters, they do the 1/4 mile in four seconds and change with a trap speed over 300 mph. They accelerate from 0-60 in under 1 second.

The hayabusa engine can easily accomodate 300hp. There are guys with well over 250hp using stock cc's and have virtually zero reliabilty issues. Each year at Daytona they have a dyno shootout and the winner is usually somewhere around 500 hp. Obviously there is a limit, somewhere the weakest link will give up in the engine and gearbox.

I too read about the guy that had his Busa with a two-way average over 250 mph in approximately one mile. If we are talking about the same guy, he then only had about one mile to stop as well. The stopping part was probably just as hairy as top speed. Trusting the tires at 200+ on a motorcycle would be difficult for me.

One more thing, not to be picky, but I believe the fastest timed top speed for a stock Busa was 195, not 200. Still the fastest production bike ever, at least the '99 model. In the original promotional items for the Hayabusa in 1999, there was supposedly a video on the Autobahn with a Mercedes and BMW at their 155 mph speed limiter. A Busa splits the two doing more than 30 mph over that. Never saw it, but it would be incredible. It was that sort of thing that lead to the voluntary speed limiter at 186.

19. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    The Bently GT w12 does 195ish, and i am sure it was tested on the UK tv program 5th gear also at just short of 200, still the Bently GT is called a 200mph car. I my self have riden at 190ish on my busa, and on the dvd where magazine fastbikes tested the Blackbird, ZZR 1100 and the Busa, the busa past them at an indicated 206mph. When i rode at 190 plus on my busa, trust me it felt like 200.h

20. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Chaa.

As an owner of a 00 (y2K) model (last of the unrestricted missiles) (no chain
    tensioner update), I have to "hope" my bike is somewhere within the performance
    capabilities of the 99. LoL

You probably saw the technical article about the stock bikes top speed
    capabilities. WOW. Everything would knock a mile or two off the top
    speed. You really have to take everything into account when going
    for the big trophy.

It came to what kind of jacket the rider had.
    How tight the jacket was !!
    Size of rider
    Up the hill slightly "or" down the hill slightly
    How low the rider got behind the windscreen
    + probalby another ten items !!

Yes I also understood the best stock bikes, would run somewhere around
    the 194mph range.

My first sentence was just some fun. (Chest beating) ?

21. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Ralfabco, you and i know the power of the BUSA! We dont need to chest beat do we, becourse the force is with us dude.......the force.....is....with...us...yes indeed.

22. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Chaz,
    being a bit of a coward, i've never ridden a motorbike, but can see the attraction ;-) 190 MPH seems totally insane......is it scary ?

23. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

150 was more than enough for me. You're looking at almost certain death if anything goes wrong, even at 150 much less 190. The amount of kinetic energy that your body would have to dissapate crashing at 190 mph is more than ten times that of a crash at 60 mph.

My puny little Triumph will only do 170 if I had the guts.

Last year Triumph stopped working on a 1300cc I-4 bike of their own that was supposed to have been faster than the ZX-12 and Busa in testing. Triumph never signed on to the voluntary speed limiters, so who knows what could have been.

As it stands now, the 1999 Hayabusa will probably have the top speed crown for production bikes for years to come. You guys enjoy your Busas.

24. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I assure you I am not and was not being a ****.

For the record, I have 28,000 miles of motorcycle (Ducatis)riding under my belt

25. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Tony, if there is ever any thing organised at Bruntingthorpe, my other half will come in the a ferrari and ill come on the Busa, say the word dude and ill take you for a two up expereance you will never forget, maybe at 190ish if it will do that speed two up. You will be safe i promise you, you have always been a good guy to me on the UK forums.LOL! Oh and Mitch, i will indeed take your last comment as a complement, becourse i can be F***N insane dude, and you live to far away for me to show you how insane....Oh yea a duke is not a BUSA far far from it, remember i have a 996,F4 as well as me Busa, so you have never riden one and thats that.