599 Help HVAC, Ashtray, Parcel Strips, Center Switch Removal | FerrariChat

599 Help HVAC, Ashtray, Parcel Strips, Center Switch Removal

Discussion in '612/599' started by Inadeje, Sep 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Inadeje

Inadeje Karting

Hey guys, does anyone have any links to tutorials, videos or pdf manuals to remove these parts? I have the sticky issue on, HVAC panel, ashtray, parcel shelf strips, center console button surround, and was contemplating removing them myself to send to one of the refinishing companies. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

2. gsholz

gsholz Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2006
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    The ash tray has a screw below the insert. Most other panels pop out, just be careful not to damage surrounding leather, plastic. To get to the parcel shelf strips, remove the map pocket (2 screws), undo the two central screws and four lateral screws and then remove the backrest trim panel.

bamaman likes this.
  3. Inadeje

Inadeje Karting

Thanks gsholz much appreciated. That leaves me with the HVAC panel, does anyone know how to get this removed? Is it truly a dash out or a simpler affair?

4. 360Marnix

360Marnix Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2017
    Holland
    Easy to do. There are two screws on the under side. You can actualy feel them.

5. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    No need to remove the dash

6. Inadeje

Inadeje Karting

Gsholz thats fantastic and thanks so much for your help. Just a final question. Presumably, the screws you mention are on the underside of the HVAC panel? Would this require the removal of the central panel below it that’s in Carbon, the one in the photo that has a leading edge in silver directly in the center below the HVAC?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Inadeje

Inadeje Karting

360Marnix I wonder if you could help me, my technician is saying that the whole central console must be removed to access the two screws you cite. Maybe you know of a trick or workaround that he hasn't seen?

8. Inadeje

Inadeje Karting

In the case of these strips I have told the technician to reinstall the parcel shelf and forget it, since he removed it with ease but says that to remove these sticky strips includes removing all the leather, sewing, re glue leather back on etc. There is simply no way I’m allowing this. Again, is he approaching this incorrectly?

9. 360Marnix

360Marnix Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2017
    Holland
    I think there is some difference with my 612. On the 612 the removal of the HVAC panel is really an one minuten job

Can you feel the screws with your fingers?

10. Inadeje

Inadeje Karting

Just a quick thanks to everyone who responded. I managed to correct those sticky/scratched plastic that were easy to access, see the link below for the results. Concerning the HVAC panel on the 599, I received mixed advice, but finally decided to leave that alone for now. Apparently, getting to HVAC panel for removal requires displacement of the entire center console. At least thats the conclusion my tech came to after trying the easy “two screw” removal mentioned on this thread and elsewhere. It seems that getting to those elusive two screws involves the aforementioned c/console removal. Either way, I’m happy with a parcial makeover, so thanks again to everyone who answered.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/getting-the-599-ready-for-next-year.631030/