For Sale - 512TR dash | FerrariChat

For Sale 512TR dash

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by JIMBO, Jul 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JIMBO

JIMBO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Bradenton, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jim DeRespino
    I have an old dash from my 1994 512TR that I replaced when a better one became available. This has soft leather, but the fiberglass edge over the radio was warped when I bought the car. Maybe the fiberglass can be straightened out or repaired. There are no tears and the dash has not been modified in any way.
    $500 + shipping
    Thanks,
    Jimbo
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    GLWS...let me know if you happen to have a black carpet set....

3. JIMBO

JIMBO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Bradenton, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jim DeRespino
    As far as I know, carpet sets are gone worldwide. The only option is to have all (?) 17 pieces custom made. Big bucks.
    Several years ago my carpets got soaked in a flash flood that put 8" of water in my garage. I had to immediately tear out the entire interior and trunk. The under carpet foam was washed and put through a ringer and then sun dried. The carpet pieces were individually steam cleaned and shampooed 3 times each. The results were amazing. Better than before.
    I then coated the entire floor pan with rust encapsulator paint from Eastwood (there was no visible rust) and then chassis epoxy and then new (better) sound deadener with foil backing for better heat control. Luckily none of the electrical, mechanical or leather pieces were affected, not even the tool kit.
    I spoke with Ferrari of Tampa Bay and they told me no carpet sets exist anymore. New custom carpets would cost around $5K if I recall.

4. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Wow, good to know.