512 Tea Arse wants to know where everyone has gone today - have I missed something? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

512 Tea Arse wants to know where everyone has gone today - have I missed something?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by 512Tea Are, Jul 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade Speedy 308 and the Site Owner,

This 'Post' provided by Speedy 308 has been composed with such wonderful eloquence that it's writer is thoroughly deserving of free membership of the forum. Moreover, should I be sufficiently well endowed with the means to do so, I would graciously provide the necessary wherewithal for his membership. And surely Comrades this is the way around the wretched dilemma which our dear comrade finds himself embroiled? For should such an honourable and eloquent person as Speedy 308 be provided with a 'Free Subscription' then how could he possibly be criticised by his friend for accepting such a generous and magnanimous offer so kindly provided by the owner of the site?

2. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    why compromise with 2nd best when you can have the best for less 1996 f512m with sports seats for £55000

its my car if you wanna buy it

3. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Speedy,
    512TArse has sent me his pics as part a of a Kodak album. I can't right click and save the pics. Tried on 3 PC's so far with no success. Any ideas?

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    NOW you catch my drift!!!!!

I would be absolutely blameless in that instance, you see.......;)

I'm holding out for the Christmas season, as I am always VERY GOOD, and anticipate Santa handling the whole situation, from his offices in the Frozen North.

512 Tea are, did you read my narrative of the recovery of the burned Enzo debris in the Texas Section? That was quite the event, with the assistance of my Lambo Fan offspring, Scott "Lil' Bull" Leach. We found quite a few interesting bits, left along the skid path of the doomed machine....we beat the FNA Forensics Team to the punch! :)

Wanna piece?????

5. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade Speedy 308,

God knows where they are then! Surely Comrade Toeknee Hopskins should be able to change the PEG size should he not? He does have the images as I have sent them to him upon two separate occasions. So, Toeknee M8, should you be reading this, will you kindly condescend to inform me of what I should be doing with this damn 'Box Of Tricks' or/and the 'Dig-it-all' gardening camera.
    My credibility, which is already at a low ebb, is slipping away as the minutes tick by - please inform me poste haste.

Oh god, my wife has just this minute returned from shopping and has been done by a bloomin' speed camera! However, we have 'Swordfish' for dinner (Honest!).

6. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Not a clue Tony.....they are not individual files??

Not a Photoshop user at all..just have some wretched image manager, Micheal Dell thought I deserved.....:(

Had the same problem myself though once, my pic was on a big "page" of images and was unable to break it out....

Find that 12 year old, and put them at the keyboard!

7. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Swordfish ARE quite good, but as I am a member of the International Billfish Foundation, dedicated to preserving the species for future sportfisherman, I advocate consuming other species instead.

Since the damage has been done, once the steaks are in the glass case, I suggest a light sprinkling of lemon pepper and a mesquite grilling outdoors on an open fire, accompanied by a good vintage from Mario Andretti's Sonoma Winery! .....Enjoy!

You can sooth your conscience later by joining up with the IBF!

Let's get together later in the Florida Keys and watch them dance on a line..it's something to see..... Maybe combine that, next year, with attending Cavallino Magazine's "Classic" in Miami Beach. :)

I'll bring the topless deckmates.......

8. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I gave our 12 year old member "zupra" my red TR 1:18, and kept the yellow example for my collection......

I don't belive I own the 512TR 1:18 variant at present, I'll go look......

The luggage set is a nice option.

9. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Rob328gts is well aware of my delimma, and has been unmoved by my request for an "Honorary" membership, as bestowed to other notable site participants.

He's quite hard hearted on the subject actually, and a hard nosed businessman. I am as well, but occaisionally enjoy granting a little largesse..

10. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade Speedy 308,

I dare not become involved in any American Ferrari Chat for fear of an international incident. I have already been in so much trouble on this Forum that to go 'American' as well, would be the kiss of death - particularly that the owner lives on your side of 'Our' Atlantic Ocean and he has already felt the necessity to write to me in rather stern tones!

11. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade Speedy 308,

I do have a good friend in Florida - but there is no way I would get on one of those bloomin' aeroplanes. You must come over here to The Festival of Speed.
    However, your idea is terribly tempting though! My friend has recently sent me a huge number of both 'Cavallino' and 'Forza.'

12. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That's been on my "Wish List" for ages! :)

I agree that air travel has become most unpleasant. As we flew to retreive my latest Fcar purchase, my lovely lady and I were selected for "special review" by security.. I am at a loss as to why, because her outfit left little room for concealment. By the time they were finished, we had been examined top to bottom and I lost a box of Exacto blades and a set of 2" cuticle scissors Mum had gifted me years ago......all deemed VERY DANGEROUS.

All for an in country flight! They are being quite silly IMO, after such complacency in the past, resulting in Lockerbee and 9/11/01........

Heaven forbid I'd had my Leatherman!

13. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    My car was in Cavallino #133, if you are interested....

14. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    If I'd only known, I'd have washed it! LOL!

15. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    If you fancy forwarding them to me, I may have a cunning plan...

16. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade Speedy 308,

I have a friend who flies 'Airbus.' Recently he was taxiing down the runway and was past 'V1' which is the point of no return - there is no alternative but to fly or crash. He pulled the stick back - and nothing happened. He went for manual override and fortunately the thing took to the air. The reason? The front hold had five and a half tonnes of weight which was wrongly apportioned which of course put the 'plane out of trim. Not a very nice thing to have happened. (This occurred at an American Airport).

17. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade TommyW,

Many thanks for your kind intervention - lets hope you can make it work and thus save my dignity - such that I have left of it!

18. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade Speedy 308,

Regrettably my Cavallino's truncate at edition Number 126 - damn nuisance!

19. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade Toeknee M8,

The key to this conundrum is within your gentle care. With good luck and a following wind I shall soon be sending you images of such glorious magnificence that a kings renasom could not even acquire. All we now need is for our Comrade to find the PEG's and we shall be up and away.

20. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Ah, too bad! The World's Fastest Art Car was at it's peak of notoriety, at that time......

For some good reading, search General Ferrari Discussion for "VIDS OF BURNING ENZO!!". My post #39 recounts the recovery of the fragments after the Enzo was burned to the ground...... There are links there to the other Texas Sections.....

Drop by, it's a friendly bunch!!

21. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade Speedy 308,

I live not far from the dealer. So hop on an aeroplane and come and view it. I'm sure Glenn at Meridien will be perfectly relaxed about arranging the export of this quite magnificent 512TR.

The models I mentioned earlier are all small scale - would it be 1/43 perhaps? However, they look quite splendid all stacked on top of one another. The detail on them is excellent.

22. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Unfortunately time is not on my side, I'm leaving for sunny Kent in a short while. You can send them to [email protected] , but I may have left :).

23. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade TommyW,

What are we to do now for god's sake? Where is your integrity and ethics for heavens's sake? You must abandon the trip to Kent this very minute and get those pictures of 'The 512 Tea Arse P100' on this forum. Surely it is better to ruin your own weekend rather than that of your wonderful Ferraristii Comrades out here in cyberspace?

Toeknee Hopskins will you please get back on the case immediately - we have a renegade who has run off with the images of the '512 Tea Arse P100.'

24. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Tony

Do a mass mailing of the Kodak files to all of us. I also have tools that may be able to help. we need to help 512T Arse out of what is becoming a difficult situation.

James

25. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Problem solved! I'm off now, t'ra.