512 BBi Resto | Page 11 | FerrariChat

512 BBi Resto

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by markpeboxer, Feb 4, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. markpeboxer

markpeboxer Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2006
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #251 markpeboxer, Dec 21, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

mark,

tasteful!!!! where do we get the poster? that would find a nice home framed nicely and hanging in my garagemahal!!

3. Arvin Grajau

Arvin Grajau Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    Hey Mark where did the trim kit come from

4. markpeboxer

Jul 1, 2006
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #254 markpeboxer, Jan 6, 2008
  5. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Nice. That first shot of the quarter is serious.

6. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Mark, I love the pictures. The wheels are beautiful and make the car! See you at Cavallino. Gene.

7. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    The car looks sensational with the new wheels on it!!! As everyone here has said, I also think you've done an amazing job with the car!

8. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    i like your car

wheels are a little too big imo, but the car looks sweet: congrats

9. lebrunseven

lebrunseven Rookie

Sep 24, 2007
    where are you getting your seats redone?

10. markpeboxer

Jul 1, 2006
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #260 markpeboxer, Feb 5, 2008
  11. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Yes, congrats. I saw it last nite and I thought of this thread! Very cool.

AHudson likes this.
  12. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Nice article, congrats!

13. CAS

CAS F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Clint
    I was just going to post that the first set of wheels looked like the offset in the rear was off.

The new set looks fantastic. Thank you for all of the pictures, you have a wonderful car.

14. markpeboxer

Jul 1, 2006
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #264 markpeboxer, Mar 8, 2008
    So one day... quite some time ago, I get a mysterious small package in the mail - from my buddy Adams (why is there an "S" after that by the way)?
    You know the guy - insightful, positive comments - occasionally adds a very funny punchline.

I excitedly open the package... and... It's a Cavallino Belt Buckle - with cool holes in it!!

No note or explanation as to how the belt straps on. Guess our resident marketing guru and God to the Contractor Biz decided to go Cowboy.

I mention the whole affair one day to the guys at the shop and they say "D***** Bag", let me see that thing!

I show it to them, their eyes light up, they shake there collective heads and grabbed a wrench.

How cool is this thing??!! Still don't know what it's called.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    Hey Mark! Somehow, yours looks better than mine! Thanks for the thanks; I'm honored it made it to your car. That was perhaps the only area on your car not formerly coddled to perfection.

Your car is so fine it makes my eyes water.

16. markpeboxer

Jul 1, 2006
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #266 markpeboxer, Apr 8, 2008
    Seems as though I'm going to keep my car in Florida until late May or so.
    I was at the Festival of Speed in St Petersburg on March 29th - and it was a blast!!

Finally got to see Michaels's 4k mi. Platinum BBI that David now owns - amazing!! Also Clete had his Platinum 7k mi BBI there.
    Great crowd, cars and fellow Fchat gathering.

Ran into a great local photographer who took these shots of my car. Very cool.

On to Celebration on the 18th.

17. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    MARK! CALL THE COPS! I saw a speck of pollen thinking about landing on your car!

Man, that guy took pictures of your car but FAILED to highlight the Cavallino-belt-buckle-transaxle-flywheel-inspection-plate-thingy cover... and calls himself a "photographer"!?! PUHLEEZE.

Pretty nice to get some real driving weather isn't it? I'm sure your car loves Florida, which begs the question (as if I needed to ask) does your AC actually cool the car?

I know you insultated it with tiles from the belly pan of the first space shuttle, but does the compressor do the trick? Did you add vents or other things? Hire a small Asian person to run a rickshaw powered ice maker in your voluminous trunk? Do tell.

Mine puts out something known as "coolish type air" frothing away at the speed of say, a deceased gnat.

18. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ! ! ! ! !!!!!!! ! !! ! !!!
    Can't say I've ever heard a more colorful, yet disturbingly accurate description of the Woody Allen-strength A/C in these cars. No suspicion of steroid use in this system. Nope, not even a whiff of Boxer scandal, Senator.

19. markpeboxer

Jul 1, 2006
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I thought about all kinds of special "upgrades" to the AC system (actually a small Asian person never occurred to me however - hmmm...), but in the end I replaced every aspect of the stock AC system - with new - get this - actual Ferrari parts. New compressor, evaporator, dryer and even the condenser. The up side is yes, it actually works pretty damn good (so far). The down side is I probably could have bought a good used 3 series BMW (maybe even from this Millennium) - with a working AC - for what I ended up paying for the system and installation. Ahhh those F parts.

All the insulation was worth every penny. OMG!!! This thing runs so cool in the interior. The center console stays cool to the touch all day long, the floors - everything - no hot air or heat from anywhere.

"No. I don't have to [use steroids]. I mean, I'm a good enough ballplayer as it is. I don't need to be any better. I can't get any better at this age."
    -- June 2002, Barry Bonds

20. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Mark, PM sent

21. CarreraCaballo

CarreraCaballo Karting

Apr 5, 2011
    Full Name:
    Y.F.A
    Sorry for digging it up, but I couldn't resist not to ! ! !

KUDOS, SIMPLY AMAZING :)

Greetz,

Joseph

22. Mario Pano

Mario Pano Formula Junior

May 24, 2006
    Where ever fun goes
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Makes me think ......if a car like this had a little smaller diameter rims at front only and the same ones at the rear could it look much better?

It seems that the rear looked great if you looked at it along but the front does not look right with rims that big in diameter.....something smaller could have balanced the front with a little more space between rubber and fender and compliment the wedge shape of the BB even more......

What do you guys think?

I wonder the same about all BBs with other than stock rims.....could they look great with lets say 17s at rear and 16s at front or 18 rears and 17 or smaller fronts?
    Rubber also should be selected to be the same size of sidewall making the front tires smaller in diameter for a even gap from rubber to wheelwell........
    Combo would also change the rake of the chassis the way the Ferrari manual wants it for racing while it looks the best?

Just thinking out loud...

Mario

23. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

mario,

mark had decided to get new-smaller diameter wheels made but encountered issues with the wheel company. they seemed to have taken his money but did not give him the wheels!

i like your idea of 17" in the rear and 16" in the front!

24. suicidedoors1964

suicidedoors1964 Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    I have spoken with the guys at Revolution Brakes which Mark used on his BBi. The brake kit requires a minimum 18" wheel. I'm still thinking about installing the brake kit with updated wheels on mine.

Not sure I am onboard with the Delorean wheel idea and for Mark that would require a 18" in front and a 19" in the rear.

25. wlanast

wlanast Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 9, 2007
    Santa Ana,California
    Full Name:
    William
    Pete,
    A friend used that technique (18 rear, 17 front) on his 928, and it came out quite nice. Brake clearances and offsets will rule what will work, along with aesthetics.

Cheers,
    William