£50 K to drive an Enzo...... | FerrariChat

£50 K to drive an Enzo......

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Fezzaphil, Dec 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fezzaphil

Fezzaphil Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Also a Lambo Muc Roadster, Zonda, SLR, Konessigg (or however it's spelt).

see www.revo250.co.uk

All based in London and launched yesterday at the Marriott in Canary Wharf.

Any takers????

2. exiges

exiges Karting

Feb 26, 2004
    Midlands
    Full Name:
    David Brown
    LOL.. I thought it was an offer to be paid £50K to drive an Enzo.. which I guess I could do.. at a push ;)

The trouble with these schemes is that you really need to live in London (and who would want to do that ?) for it to work properly (pick-up / drop-offs)

3. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Looks like it has already folded, as the link doesnt work already!

4. Fezzaphil

Fezzaphil Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Philip
    sorry the correct web address is

www.revo250.com

The guy behind this is from the P1 stable, I think he was an original investor with DH.

They already have branches in Mougins and throughout Europe.

5. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    P1 Stable?
    DH?

6. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  7. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    So, your choice...

Fly to Nice, and spend a happy weekend in the sunshine in a 360 Spider on some twisty coastal roads.

Or

Drive a 360 Spider round Livingstongrad. Hmmmmm

8. Fezzaphil

Fezzaphil Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Philip
    does the £50k include my congestion charge?

9. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    1) Living in London is fantastic :D

2) It's only 20mins to get from Canary Wharf out into Essex where there are so fab roads!

3) £50k isn't that bad... same amount as 1years depreciation on a Bentley Arnage and i know i'd prefer to have the use of a Enzo than a Bentley!

:)

10. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Much as I would love to get behind the wheel of an Enzo, £50K will buy me another Ferrari to run around in ALL THE TIME. Know which one I'd prefer!
    ps not sure my wife would agree as I'm already either (a) out on a blast or (b) on here talking about it :D :D
    Apparently I am married and have a family but since buying the car can't say I've noticed :D

11. f328nvl

f328nvl Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2004
    Herts
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm a P1 member and I just tried to do a quick back of the *** packet comparison.

Since September I've borrowed: (Guessing Rev025 group equivalents for the exercise)
    F355 Spider (Gr 3)
    F550 (Gr 2) GT3RS (Gr 2) 911 Turbo Cab (Gr 2)
    F575M (Gr 1) Murceillago (Gr 1)

Total cost 569 out of 1000 "units" that cost £12.5k. So it's cost me £5,863.
    Allocating the P1 cars to what seem reasonable Rev025 groups as above the equivalent like-for-like cost in winter would be £7,655 (saying I was a Euro 15000 member).
    Even if I spent Euro 45000 to get the best rate it'd cost over £7k like-for-like.
    I've not read all the fine print so there may be other differences but:

Conclusion: For UK use (Read London) P1 is much cheaper (for a weekday user like me) and has more cars. For international use Rev025 seems to be the only option, but is there a real market out there? I don't know for sure, but I don't think P1 makes much, if any, profit, mainly due to depreciation. But then I'm not sure the owners are too worried as long as it doesn't drain cash.

jg

12. Fezzaphil

Fezzaphil Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Are all of the P1 cars owned outright or are some on a finance lease? If so they could claim back the VAT on the monthly rentals and have an agreed valuation with the finance company after 2 maybe 3 years? They can then just throw the car back at the finance company to dispose of and replace it with the latest models.

Sure they fund an element of depreciation but they can put that down to running costs. I think they make some money through a lot of clever accounting.

Too much money initially invested there to not make a profit. I'm sure that DH is a very canny operator.

13. f328nvl

f328nvl Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2004
    Herts
    Full Name:
    John
    As I understand it the cars are all owned outright, but not always bought new. Nick Hancock who really runs the place is, I think, ex-Ferrari (F1?) and trades and maintains the cars through his contacts. Similarly Damon has interests in all the dealerships under his name so P1 won't be paying the dealer's mark ups on the new cars and may be using trade finance to buy them. I know that they use Damon's profile to twist arms to get problems sorted. e.g. They got Lamborghini to replace their 3 manual Gallardo's for tiptronic at no cost after they'd all burnt out their clutches in under 3k miles.

Apparently they're in the market for a highly tuned Diablo at the moment, should be a laugh!

14. GI Jnr

GI Jnr Karting

Feb 26, 2004
    Bristol
    Full Name:
    Tuan Le
    Revo is Jensen Button's response to P1.

I personally would go for P1, just for their experience in the market for the moment...

Tuan

15. godzilla

godzilla Karting

Feb 9, 2004
    surrey
    Full Name:
    David Yu
    I am writing an article about clubs such as P1 and Revo and I was at the launch yesterday. IMO you can't really compare the two as RevoLondon is a LOT more expensive than P1 but has access to cars that are far more exclusive (Damon's Ford GT excepted).

You do not have to be based in or even near London for RevoLondon to work as delivery by transporter to your door is included (as it should be for £50K!), unlike P1.

Revo is only aiming for fifty members for the London operation (which is separate from Revo250, the european ones), only time will tell if there are fifty guys in the UK with the money and who are not hung up about the whole ownership thing.

If I had come into a largish sum of "extra" cash, but couldn't justify blowing £575k on an Enzo, I would consider it! (And I would try very hard to see if a Koenigsegg CCR will do 252mph...)

16. BAD 130Y

BAD 130Y Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    R Koli
    I have already emailed them and would like to join the club.

The way i look at it for 50k a year u can drive any of the cars in their stable,makes it worth it

17. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Revo got a great write-up in the Mail a little while ago. The S-of france branch is staffed by some very glamourous ladies who pick you up from the airport and sort you out with your chosen steed/boat/whatever. They will then help out if you've any probs in your visit. The journalist said it was like calling the AA and getting Charlie's Angels!

18. godzilla

godzilla Karting

Feb 9, 2004
    surrey
    Full Name:
    David Yu
    I can confirm that being met at the airport by Lovely Lara in a Bentley Arnage T beats the local minicab firm anyday!

19. Fezzaphil

Fezzaphil Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I see Revo have reduced their membership costs to just £35K. They have apparently got 20 paid up guys already

I know someone who used their Aston DB9 in France over the New Year. He's raving about the car and he wasn't a big fan of Astons before hand! Talking about selling his F car to get one.......

20. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    BadBoy... did you go for this in the end (full 50K?) ?

21. godzilla

godzilla Karting

Feb 9, 2004
    surrey
    Full Name:
    David Yu
    Where did you hear that Phil? I met with John Llewellyn last week and he didn't mention it.

There seem to be quite a few people willing and able to pay £50k and he's only looking for fifty of them.

Revo250 the European operation has a Euro7.5k joining fee and annual fees ranging from Euro15k to Euro45k.
    The latter combined with the joining fee would be more than £35k with the current exchange rate.

22. Fezzaphil

Fezzaphil Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Philip
    If you check their new website at the London location the price has been recently changed. I know someone who has been doing some work, marketing I believe, for them very recently.... It got dropped into the conversation. They have had quite a good take up I hear.

regards,

Phil

23. godzilla

godzilla Karting

Feb 9, 2004
    surrey
    Full Name:
    David Yu
    Wow! You're absolutely right Phil, www.revo250.com has the details.

I'm surprised the price has dropped so quickly as there has already been strong interest.

Looks like it won't take long for the membership to fill up...