News

430 Intake Prancing Horse Badge Removal

Discussion in '360/430' started by fossilfuel, Nov 2, 2017.

1. mwstewart

mwstewart Formula 3

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    They are glued on with epoxy. The bosses on the rear are just to locate the badge onto the plenum. The carbon plenums have two different carbon badges depending on year of manufacture. The threaded studs on the rear are just to locate them (I've no idea why they are supplied with nuts!).

2. Araantonak

Araantonak Rookie

Jan 3, 2014
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Lauritz
    I know this is an old thread, but just in case someone finds it (like me) on the search for the best way to remove this badge:

Mine (2007 F430 coupe) was glued on with silicone and was relatively easy to remove with a flat enough blade (see photo)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Marcoboxer and cpep like this.
  3. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    Hilton Head Is., SC
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Nice work! Assuming that you didn’t have to pry it at all right? Just slowly tap the flat blade in until the glue gives?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. Araantonak

Araantonak Rookie

Jan 3, 2014
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Lauritz
    I just pushed the tool in and turned it... that made the badge pop out.
    If the glue is stronger I would recommend using something like dental floss as a "saw" to gently cut some of the silicone. That was my plan but the badge came out very easily

5. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    Hilton Head Is., SC
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Thank you. Your instruction finally gave me the testicular fortitude to take this on. Ordered a carbon version today. Special order though so it will take about a month to get it.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Araantonak likes this.