400i shop manuals | FerrariChat

400i shop manuals

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Brennan, Jun 11, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brennan

Brennan Karting

Apr 28, 2006
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Full Name:
    Brennan Johnson
    I've been looking on Ferraribooks.com for the 400i shop manuals:
    http://www.ferraribooks.com/400_i
    The "Workshop Repair Manual" is easy enough; I also want a parts catalog. Does anyone know the differnce between the "Body Parts Catalog" and the "Parts and Illustrations Manual"? Do I need all three??? This getting expensive!

I saw the CDs on Ebay, but it doesn't look like the '84 MY is included. (Plus, I like the idea of being able to take a paper book into the garage and get greasy fingerprints all over it!).

Brennan

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Are you saying that you couldn't get the same printed materials from the Owner's Site Classic Parts people? I don't think FBooks prices are out of line (and I've used/I would use them again myself), but the last time prices got mentioned the Owner's Site prices were a really great value.

3. 400iGuy

400iGuy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Al
    I have both of these manuals. The Parts and Illustrations Manual will be the most useful unless you plan on doing major body work. Basically the P&I Manual is by Ferrari and covers all the mechanical parts. The Body Parts Catalog is by Pinninfarina and covers the body parts (and not in as much detail as the P&I Manual).

As 91TR said, these manuals are available via www.owners.ferrari.com. They are listed there as:

Part Number Model Type
    --------------------------------------
    257-00-000-00 400i Bodywork 47.10 Pounds
    95990228 400i Parts
    95990241 400i/83 Parts 50.40 Pounds

There are also manuals for: Wiring, Injection, Automatic Trans (I guess you've seen these on Ferraribooks). If you have some time keep an eye out on eBay. I got these 3 manuals there (in perfect shape) for about 20% of the $.

If you'd like, I can copy the Table of Contents and a couple misc pages of each into a PDF and send them to you. Send me an email or PM with your email.

Al

4. Brennan

Brennan Karting

Apr 28, 2006
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Full Name:
    Brennan Johnson
    OK, I consider myself to be at least of average intelligence, but this is really making me feel like a dunce! I'm on the www.owners.ferrari.com site, and looking under "Car Manuals." I've downloaded and opened several docs now, but these look more like the owner's manuals than shop/parts manuals.

I talked to a fellow F-car owner lastnight, and he said that the prices at FBooks really aren't that bad. I know that I can at least figure out how complete an on-line order there! Thanks for the clarification on which books I'm looking for.

Brennan

5. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Click on the "Claasic Parts" link -- that will take you to the people you need to talk to at FerrariUK (a.k.a. Maranello Con...). I don't know if they've got the printed stuff listed in a way you can just order on-line so you'll probably need to send them an email or phone call.