365GTC4 PRICES | FerrariChat

365GTC4 PRICES

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by steve mcgregor, Nov 7, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steve mcgregor

Jun 27, 2006
    laguna beach calif
    Full Name:
    steve mcgregor
    i have learned that two 330gt2+2's have recently sold at the $70,000 range. these models seem to be the bottom priced V/12 models. how does this effect the 365gtc4 prices???? if you drive both models i think the c4 by far is the better experience all the way around! so............ is a c4 50% more valuable? with daytona prices where they are and the 330gt2+2's coming on in price where does that leave the c4 purchase price? since i started looking for one i noticed that there are only a few available now.

2. Abi2612

Abi2612 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2005
    Schauenburg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Andreas Birner
    In Europe 330 GTs in good to very good condition fetch 70.000 to 85.000 Euros. The 365 GTC/4s are getting stronger: A perfect example (fully restored to concours condition) just sold for 85.000,-EUR. Good to very good cars are priced between 60.000 and 70.000 Euros. Drivers are situated between 50.000 and 60.000 Euros.

3. Rock

Rock Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    Hello Steve, I have a 72 365 gtc/4 coming up forsale. It belongs to a customer, and has had a full restoration. If you interested let me know.

Rocco

4. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    I never understood why the market did not command more for 365 GTC4s....with people paying through the nose for Daytonas etc. They are so cool! The GTC4 is more of a touring car and not as sporty or as fast as a Daytona but what a great looking car just the same! I'm confident my 308 will go up in value so what does that say for a car like this? With maintenance etc., it is had to make money on a car like a Ferrari. Cars are not generally sound investments... If there was an opportunity to truly invest in a Ferrari, I think it would have to be a GTC4. The other older Ferrari "bargains" like the four headlight car and a few others are not in the same category due to styling issues etc...... The GTC4 has brilliant styling and decent performance from a huge Ferrari V12. They are becoming quite scarce and were only produced for two years as it was.... Hell, I need to figure out how to buy one for myself!

5. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    The 365GTC4 is a 2+2, just like the 250GTE, the 330GT, the 365GT and the 365/400/412 series. They are all starting to move but they are all 1/3 - 1/2 the price of their 2 seat counterparts even though the 2+2s were more expensive when new. This has been the reality of the situation for quite some time.

Regards,

Art S.

6. 365GTC/4

365GTC/4 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    A very reliable source has just informed me that a great C4 example was just sold for US$120k. So good cars are getting up in value. I must say I was never a big fan of the car but I got one as it offered the best bang for the buck. You can only get what you can afford but I have never regretted it. The car is fantastic. It is docile to drive in traffic and the 3rd to 4th gear change at a nudge over 100 mph is great. The car just accelerates hard and that big V12 with those 6 twin choke webbers delivers such a beautiful aria. Mechanical music to perfection.
    My 2 cents worth.
    John

7. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    Best bang for the buck = future appreciation like I said!

8. Tahoe Guy

Tahoe Guy Karting

Jan 16, 2006
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Alexander Everhart
    I agree with you Ed. I too have had a hard time understanding why the GTC/4 has not increased much in price. They have increased now hitting the $100,000 mark for an extremely nice example, but compared to the Daytona prices lately it seems the GTC/4 should increase slightly more. The fact is that the GTC/4's didn't increase like others in the late 80's early 90's either.

It's just not a popular car. I don't get it. I too think it is very nice looking. Has a great V-12 that I think sounds even better than the Daytona (I guess the carbs on the side make it sound different, I'm not sure why), plus it is fairly rare.

I used to see a very nice lighter blue one been driven often when I lived in OC So Cal and it was in perfect condition. You just don't see them very often. It's a shame.

9. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    Guys, there is a red GTC/4 cabriolet conversion for sale at Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale if anyone is interested. Looks sweet!

10. PenP

PenP Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 20, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Pen Pendleton
    #10 PenP, Dec 11, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    While I have always REALLY liked the the C4 (and would gladly trade my 365GT for one if any C4 owner is looking for a change of pace), is it just me or do these cars look just too much like a Chevy Monza/Pontiac Sunbird?!!

Anyway, I just happened to see one (a C4, not a Chevy Monza) at Heritage Classics in Los Angeles on Friday in a very unusual green color; don't know if it was a factory color (it was lighter than a "hunter" green, more of a "forest" green).

And since it was at Heritage, I'm sure it is priced somewhere in the $150–$200K range, so maybe that C4 price bump is just around the corner (hey, SOMEBODY has to buy their overpriced cars at some point, right?)...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. jjmcd

jjmcd Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
  12. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    In Italy, the 365 GTC/4, of which I have heard many good things, is called "il pagliaccio con la gobba", or "the clown with the hump", on account of the rubber lips (particularly noticeable on light colored cars), and the roof's shape.

The only other Ferrari I have heard refered to so "disrespectfully" is the poor queen mother. That is probably the main reason for the car's low valuation relative to its excellent performance. I am not sure it is really a 2+2, there is even less room back there than in a 308 GT4.

Of course all that is a matter of personal taste. The car will probably continue to go up in value anyway.

Cheers,

Julio

13. Bryan

Bryan Formula 3