365 motor assy complete with transmission | FerrariChat

365 motor assy complete with transmission

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by bundas, Sep 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    #1 bundas, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    When I saw the post I panicked a bit. As Brett had my finished spare. I guess. The assy. Was to ship this week. This year. Last month. Ready this week. Ready this month. Ready soon. Ready, well almost. Got every thing. Can't find a part. Get all the parts. Need a part. Got everything. Shipped Brett. Next week. When Brett, this month. Shipping soon? Next week, next month. This year? For sure. 😡. Well. After listening to excuses and denials since June 2013 I am just worn out.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. MrKazimi

MrKazimi Karting

Oct 7, 2014
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Dr. Mohammad
    Wow!
    Since June 2013 😡

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    From posting and getting into a word fight on here. But time up. Car and extras went in June 2013. 'I have regular customers' and 'I have other customers' were the key words. Code for 'tough buddy', 'you are the least important'. These post will not help but at this rate who cares. I want all to know how I have been treated. Badly, in my opinion.

4. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    It's a club I reluctantly "welcome" you to, Mitch. As I found with #22579's debacle, we're far from alone, but very few will speak out. Otherwise, I've been refraining from comment, and will continue to, per a request.
    I will, however, say one word: "Consistency"

5. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    this is like the employees I went through. they just go somewhere else and do the same thing. so these shops exist because there is no where else to go. no! the lack of public knowledge and info sharing allows them to continue. endless excuses and denials. customer is told so many conflicting stories as in my case. I just gave up until I cannot stand any more abuse.

6. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Sorry to hear Mitchell... Would you mind sharing the shop name so that others can walk in with eyes wide open based on your experience?

Ruben

7. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    Is the only shop to work on my 365 and related items. This has been promised and promised. I am sure tomortow he will post when it will ship. That will be a very welcome post.

8. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    my laptop stopped so I used the I phone to answer. I will post about the car as soon as the current shop lets me know. about two more weeks.

9. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    Up about the mess. I was dealing with a serious cancer problem. So my ability to good judgement was impaired. Only a year ago June I was closer to dead than I want to think about. So dealing with a bull ****ter was really not a condition I needed. Weeks of promises and changes of the stories was just not something I wanted to confront. So I let the whole thing slide. As I really had no choice other than have everything hauled back. I kept hoping the progress would be better.

10. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    'I spent my holiday weekend looking for binding tools'

11. dantm

dantm Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    YYZ, BOS, SFO
    Full Name:
    Dan B.
    Who has your motor Mitchell, is it the guys North of Toronto?

12. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    At Alliston Hope for a ship date soon😩

13. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    New trick. I owe money. I just had a call. First I have heard of this. No invoice. Of course. This will be interesting. I guess. So unless Brett gets money he will not ship. Another BS deal. Damn damn.

14. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Sorry to hear Mitchell. This is more common in this business than it should be. This is why I try to only have one project going at a time. No BS here.

15. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Sorry to hear that. Long distance and cross border problem too. :(

16. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    Eight shops working on eight cars

17. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Oh geeze......I was really hoping this wasn't going to happen.

18. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Mitch, did you ever go through with the sale of your black '76 365 you offered for sale on eBay last month? Last year, owning 5 cars total, 4 of them were in 4 different shops all year through October and my QP III and 400 are still there

19. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    I recovered from shock and cancelled the sale. The car is at a shop having the motor looked at. I should know in a week or so what is wrong. I now have eight shops working on eight cars. When all the cars were at the same shop I was spoiling them so I got treated like family instead of a customer

20. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Mitchell,

If a shop will not or can not provide an invoice for monies owed or for any monies received then something is not quite right with the shop... and ... certain Government Tax departments would also be very interested in firms not providing invoices and/or receipts. Holding onto goods and claiming monies are owed without satisfactory evidence of such could be deemed extortive and in most jurisdictions this is illegal. I do hope the shop is prepared to explain themselves and their actions to a judge... and if no invoices are available... to the tax department as well... yikes...

Cheers,

Sam

21. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    Really upset guy here.

22. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    #22 willrace, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    I've been cleared to comment, but little needs to be said.
    I wish that I could say that I'm shocked, but then, I had to buy my previously "bought" 22579 a second time, with two separate Bills Of Sale from him, almost a year apart.
    It's somewhat covered in the last half of Post #18:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/365-gt4-2-2-400-412/383813-resurrection-22579-a.html
    Rereading just this little bit is raising my blood pressure, especially since part of the purpose of my thread was to prevent another victim, as he hides behind an international border. Mitchell missed that thread.

As I said previously: "Consistency"..........speaking of which.......

I recall the same sentiment, regarding the same person/shop, on the first page of my thread, too.
    I honestly wish, for everyone's sake, that this didn't happen....again.

Starting at the bottom of Post #300 (P15) of 22579's thread, I mention that someone had asked me about those invoices.......and in #303, I start trying to make some sort of sense to them - the brettski-standard "raising more questions than answers" conundrum.
    Fortunately, FChat 365/400/412 brethren came through with a couple of offers to decipher, and just a day later one had discovered even more interesting stuff in another layer that I didn't see until he converted the file to pdf for me. As he said regarding why he looks through worksheets so thoroughly, "...sometimes people leave stuff lying around.
    My reason for bringing this up? I wouldn't trust anything about those invoices.

Hell, even ignoring the invoices, brett couldn't keep his numbers straight, as noted in the emails and his few appearances in the thread.

23. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Does he have a signed work order, where you gave him written approval to perform repairs for $xxxx.xx ?

If not, show up to the shop with the local policing department, take your car home.

It's difficult to fight from the shop side, at least here in the United States.

GL

S

24. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    My Motor transmission assy with all motor assy. There was/ is no work order. There are 11 wire transfers at $10,000 ea. that's it. No invoices no receipts nothing. I did get two cars back. A Merak SS that I am happy with, so far. And a 365gt4 2 2 that I am very unhappy with. It is in Ind. waiting to find out what is wrong with the motor. When the car came from Brett it would not start. I spent $15,000 getting the car road ready. Now the motor has some unknown problems. I should know by the end of this month what they are and will post. Now a second motor. If it is anything like the first one. Oh sh--

25. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    No Steve that is the continual problem in dealing with Brett. I have warned people, then warned them again, then yelled at them to the point I've pissed them off to the point they won't talk to me any longer, all to no end. I've said it over and over, never, EVER, have work done like this without a written estimate and invoices.
    It has burned Kurt, and has now gotten Mitch. Brett, the shop in question, also continues to get into these situations without proper paperwork. Then it all boils down to a "he said - she said" pissing match.
    It pains me to see this AGAIN!