360 door panel removal | FerrariChat

360 door panel removal

Discussion in '360/430' started by fast85pony, Mar 2, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fast85pony

fast85pony Rookie

Feb 4, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #1 fast85pony, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am trying to remove the passenger door panel on my 360, so that some sticky parts can be reconditioned. I have searched every old thread I can find and I have gone through the factory shop manual right up to the step where it says "lift the door panel and and release the upper fasteners from the frame...". The rear portion has lifted easily, but the front (first photo) seems to be hung up under the mirror triangle. I removed the tweeter, thinking it would create a little more flexibility in the rubber molding, but have been unable to lift the panel. Trying to avoid breaking anything. In the second photo I'm pointing to the inside rubber window seal. Can someone tell me if that should come off with the door panel or remain on the car. I have seen "after" photos that seem to show it either way. It would seem to be much preferable to keep it on the panel, as reattaching it into its groove while the panel is loosely in place would, I'm imagining, be brutal. Finally, photo 3 shows a washer that fell out of the door when I released the panel. As you can see, it is about the size of a quarter and my search of the Ricambi exploded drawing has not revealed anything similar. Maybe when I get the panel off it will be obvious where it goes. Any help from those who have been there is appreciated.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. hangarsixco

hangarsixco Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2010
    S. California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #2 hangarsixco, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
    Once you have all the hardware removed, you can slide the panel towards the rear of the car and lift it off the door. The rubber window seal hooks onto the sheet metal of the door it’s quite tricky to remove as the rubber is there to hold the upper panel tight to the door. Key is to make sure all the hidden screws and bolts are removed. Also remember to unplug the speaker harness.

When I did mine it took a little finagling to get it off. I am trying to remember if I had seen that size washer.

If you’re still having trouble I can PM you my cell phone # and kind of talk you through it.

Chris.

3. anxpert

anxpert Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Oceanside, CA
    Full Name:
    Enrique Mar
    #3 anxpert, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Attached are two pictures of the reversed door panel . You need to apply a bit of upward pressure to release the clips, good luck.

4. fast85pony

fast85pony Rookie

Feb 4, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Thanks guys! It was that additional finagling that did the trick. I had been pushing straight up, but pulled up and back and it popped off. The inside window scraper came off with it, as I had hoped. There is no mention in the manual about that, but for anyone doing this there are three plastic plugs that must be removed in the latch-end of the door to release that end of the scraper. Unfortunately, there was no revelation on the mystery washer. Could it merely be a spacer that the factory uses to shim panels to a perfect fit? Onward to parts cleaning...........

5. 8202632

8202632 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 9, 2017
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    CDC
    so in the process of doing the same. I have the parts back and now working on putting the doors back together. How in the heck did you get the door panels back on? I cant for the life of me figure out the angle to let the three clips slide over the metal panel. HELP!!!

6. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You need to really push on the top of the door panel, towards the door, to get the clips inward enough to catch the door before you can push downward.

See:

hondar likes this.
  7. 8202632

8202632 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 9, 2017
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    CDC
    Thank u for this! Successfully completed my project. No more sticky’s!!!!!!!!!!!

SoftwareDrone likes this.
  8. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    I’m curious as to why you needed to remove the door panel to fix your stickies. I didn’t have to do that. ???

9. 8202632

8202632 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 9, 2017
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    CDC
    I had to remove the passenger door handle, cup, and opening lever mechanism

10. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    that’s weird. I did all of that with taking off the door panel. Everything just unscrewed.

11. 8202632

8202632 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 9, 2017
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    CDC
    My passenger door handle has a nut on the other side of the door panel

12. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Thank you for this video! The driver's side door latch 'popped', the cable hook came out of the end hole. What a ^$@#! job getting that bugger back in and clipped!

13. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    How do you remove the tweeters?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat