360 Audio Setup | FerrariChat

360 Audio Setup

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by eecsdude, Jul 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. eecsdude

eecsdude Rookie

Mar 23, 2009
    Full Name:
    Karric
    Just wanted to give a shout out to Mike Niday out here in the South Bay who spent the morning with me analyzing my 360's audio system.

My car's previous owner had an aftermarket sound system installed, (stock tweeters, but replacement main door speakers and 2 additional speaker boxes behind the seats). Since I've owned it, the car's audio had been unbearably bad. To the point where I just simply don't turn on the radio when I drive because it'd make my head hurt.

Lately I decided to actually look into this. Turned out that the prior owner had long disconnected the woofers in the boxes behind the seats, so those were just dead weight. So first thing I did was to remove those. But that still didn't explain why the sound was super tinny. Mike, who manufactures speaker boxes in-house offered to take a look. I dropped by his place and he took apart the lower door panel to show me that the speaker was indeed aftermarket, but had limits to its frequency range. He showed me how to make the most of the setup with what little adjustments were available on my headunit. Then, he showed me the setup he had in his 360 (fully replacement of all 4 standard speakers, custom amp and equalizer, and an array of subs behind the seat), first without the subs, but with an equalizer to make the most of the 4 speaker setup. Then with a single sub. It was simply night and day.

His standard speaker box for the 360 sits in the middle of the car behind the seats, just like the factory subwoofer, but because my car had the sunroof option, I wanted to make sure the middle section was kept clear for the roof stowage. Mike took some measurements of the clearances needed. Can't wait to see what he comes up with.