355 Gt Daytona 2000 | FerrariChat

355 Gt Daytona 2000

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by turbocity, Aug 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbocity

turbocity Rookie

Aug 1, 2017
    italy
    hi guys... maybe someone can help me ... I'm looking for news of this car that raced at 24h of daytona in 2000. from the chassis number that I found I know it was built as a road version in 1995 and sold in Japan and then rhd . Is it possible that this car was derived from a road version and not a challenge? by the way in daytona was lhd ... does anyone have any news about it? Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Imagine if they made a 355 stradale based on that wider 355 GT? How hot would that be! Shave 150 kgs, add 100hp, naked interior, challenge brakes...

3. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    I saw this car about 8 years ago in Georgia, USA. I don't remember the owner. it was the Motorola car?

4. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Not the Motorola car.

Robb

5. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    No not the same

6. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    the 355 GT Versions have been build by private, independent Race Teams. it did'nt really matter if they took a Challenge or Road Version as basic as the 355 Challenge was just a slightly modifed Road Car but the modification to create a full GT2 or GT"whatever" was quite something... there was no Competizioni GT Department at Ferrari back in the days.

This particular Daytona yellow/red F355 GT from the picture above was raced by the Japan Team Club Yellow Magic. (below another team called yellow racing, not the same)

Some cars have been raced in the Ferrari-Porsche Challenge as well as the early BPR Series or Kumho Euro GT. More or less every team had their own version and level of modification based on the regulations of the series they raced. (see some difference in wheels, mirrors, wings, etc.)

I'm sure our dear friend @Ferrari 308 Vetro knows much more about the stories of this great time.

credit to the owners:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Yassa and Ferrari 308 Vetro like this.