348 vs nissan 300zx TT | Page 2 | FerrariChat

348 vs nissan 300zx TT

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by BlastFromThePast, Nov 17, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BlastFromThePast

Nov 16, 2006

2. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    You could get a Ferrari key fob and ball cap, and some of those Ferrari shield stickers for the Nissan. Then you'd have the whole experience.

Maybe it's too obvious to point out, but the F430 and Gallardo look the way they do because they're big mid-engined cars designed without costs as a priority, whereas the 350Z/Infiniti G coupe are mass-produced, small front-engined cars that have to sell for $30K-$40K.

3. cavallino33

cavallino33 Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    This is an odd thread I don't get why anyone would pick a Z32 over a 348. I like the 300zx but come one.

I have a 350Z I think it looks really nice for a mass produced Japanese car. The F430 and Gallardo look better but then again I only paid 27K for my Z so I don't exactly expect it to bethe most beautiful car in the world. Plus its kind of hard to copy mid-engined cars with a front engine platform. As mentioned before the 240Z was basically a copy of the Daytona but I don't think anyone would argue the Daytona is better looking, it wasn't really an exact copy. The current Z is what all Z's have been the most exotic styling possible for the price range. Compared to other sub 30K cars it looks pretty exotic.

2 cents

4. Fpassion

Fpassion Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2005
    The most copied sports car in the world heil to the king Porsche 944 ahahhah all 80-90s sports car for the most part where copy cats of the 924/944.

A little of topic .......I can't figure out why people would spend nearly 30k on Nissan 350z or G35 or subaru or mazda or anything close to that price when they can have an NSX or even pushing it 10k more a Ferrari. I guess diff strokes for diff folks.lol

5. cavallino33

cavallino33 Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Well for me I had to spend under 30K. 30K or 30K +5 just wouldn't work. I've yet to see an NSX thats in great condition for under 30K. Even if I was able to find one it would be a pretty high mileage model. Since I essentially wanted a car I could use as a daily driver buying a 10+ year old car with over 50K miles wouldn't be the best choice and buying an even older Ferrari would be an even worse choice. This is ignoring thw whole issue of practicality, it wasn't an issue for me but for alot of people they need a 2+2 or a sedan or just cargo room etc. and the NSX just won't work as well.

6. Widebody350

Widebody350 Karting

Feb 22, 2006
    I would never buy an NSX because to me they just scream out that the person driving it wants the look of a Ferrari or Lambo but cannot afford one. I have driven them and do not find them fast or to be a well handling car. They are rated at 270bhp and 320bhp with a severe lack of torque because the car is made by Honda. You can also tell that Honda made the car as soon as you sit inside of one.

7. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    You are learning!! :)

8. Widebody350

Widebody350 Karting

Feb 22, 2006
    lol I know that I have more to learn, but I do have some knowledge and I think my first couple of posts came off wrong.

9. bushwhacker

bushwhacker In Memoriam

May 25, 2006
    Phoenix Az.
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Helloooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is anyone out there? Here we go again with this ridiculous comparison crap between a 300ZX an Audi TT, a Yugo and now our old friend the NSX creeps back into the picture with the help of "Paghnani" ( In case most of you have forgotten he's the genius that brought us the now infamous NSX thread) and he still hasn't got a car, but now considers himself an NSX expert.........wake up!!!!!!!stop responding to these stupid comparisons and let this thread die. If you want opinions get them somewhere else............this a Ferrari forum and a brotherhood of 348 owners at that,we love our cars.....what kind of responses do you think you'll get from us?

10. Fpassion

Fpassion Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2005
    Hmm good point the nsx or any ferrari/lambo does not have much room.

11. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    You are right!!!! That Paghmani guy is just yanking everyones chain! He is being a pre-madonna!!!

It seems as though he is awaiting the whole forums blessing! The perfect car does not exist, even the new ones are not perfect.

Paghmani, buy a damn car......buy it because you want it and like it. Do a PPI and get one that is worth the money. If you find anything wrong with it after you buy.....fix it!!! Upgrade it and Drive it!!

Stop asking everyones opinion, grow some nads and make a decision for yourself!!

You can start by filling out your profile!!

Ok, I feel alot better now :D!!

12. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    +1
    Get the TT or whateva...
    :)
    BT

13. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    I dropped a line to Mods of this section for thread to be moved to "other cars"

14. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Definetly the Z32 TT. It is by far a superior car.

The 348 sucks. I've had mine now for a year and I'm selling it as soon as I can so that I can get a 350Z.

I was very disspointed during my ferrari ownership. Can you belive I did'nt manage to pick up a single women with it. Plus I kept getting bothered by people. Wish i had got a Nissan the first time round to be honest. Feels more liek a Ferrari than a 348 ever would. in fact they remind me of the 360's. Anyone know if a 360 bodykit could be put on a 350???? Might give it a go.

So anyway...where was i. Oh yes...just could'nt get laid even with a ferrari. thought at first it was because I was ugly, but having seen other owners on this forum who were much ulglier than me, but still managed to pick up women, I relalised it was because of the 348. The 355 spider owners are particularly good at picking up, although it's usually of the same gender. Very common in hair dressing salons as well i believe.

Hopefully the Nissan will be cheaper to run as well. Would you believe I spent all my money on the car and forgot to keep anything in reserve for the running costs. So basically I did'nt bother servicing it. No problems as nothings fallen off yet although it makes a mettalic cluncking sound when i put the foot down. Good thing I have a good stereo to drown it out. Does the 350 have a good stereo?

Anyway, hope this helps in you deciding what to get. I have to go now as the nurses have to clean the padded room I'm staying in.

15. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth

You make some excellent, well minded points!! LOL :D

16. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
    "If you have to ask, then you can't afford it" (Snooty voice)

Seriously though--Drive both. You get which one YOU like, not which one WE like.

17. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Yes, you start with the basic 350, and just add 10. This was on the www.spinaltap350conversions.com website.
    :)
    BT

18. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    Wow I like the way that works.....so if adding ten is too much. one could add 5 to the 350! LOL :D :D

19. 72GMC

72GMC Karting

Aug 15, 2006
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Paul
    subtract 2.

Voila! tree furty heidt.
    That'll get you into the brotherhood.

20. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy

Anyone got 239 they could lend me as I'd rather have a 599.

:D

21. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    From 350 I think that will get you 589........no problem just add 10 more!! :D

22. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    you know on the Spinal Tap special edition VW new beetle the guitar plug the volume goes to 'eleven'. I guess my 348 is 7.73333 times the car my q45 is.
    so what is the best car? honda S2000? A 1984 Audi 5000?
    :D
    BT

23. ericnoss

ericnoss Rookie

Mar 13, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene ID
    Full Name:
    Eric Noss
    I have a 2) 1990 TT z32's that I absolutley love to death. But I'd rather have my 348. My Z may be faster, but a ferrari is a ferrari. You can't argue with that.

24. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    #49 Pantera, Dec 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  25. mdoan300

mdoan300 Karting

Nov 14, 2003
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael
    They are the same headlights, modified for the Diablo...

Z32 headlight covers are glass, BTW, not plastic. I owned 3 Z32's and totalled one of them...

///Michael