348 vs nissan 300zx TT | FerrariChat

348 vs nissan 300zx TT

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by BlastFromThePast, Nov 17, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BlastFromThePast

Nov 16, 2006
    I am thinking to buy either 348 or highly modified Z32 TT. What do you guys think would be a better option considering speed, style and performance?

2. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Can't wait..... :)

3. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Wow, I wonder what kind of responses you will get on a Ferrari board?

4. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
  5. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Hey the classic avatar's back!

The NSX.

6. fifrules

fifrules Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2006
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jon Kepler
    From what I've seen, if you ask Ferrari or ______, the answer is always ______.

7. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    When someone asks what are you driving, just think what answer you would like to give.... Nissan or Ferrari.

If you are a speed freak, you can always modify your Ferrari. But it's much more difficult to buy style and whatever comes with the name "Ferrari".

8. bushwhacker

bushwhacker In Memoriam

May 25, 2006
    Phoenix Az.
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    No!!!!!!!!!!!.......Someone (Mod) please stop this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, it's another 14 year old idiot trying to stir the pot again like the 348 vs.NSX bull#@%$ we just went through. If your serious do your homework somewhere else not Ferrarichat.

9. Frozenguy

Frozenguy Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2004
    Bay Area, Califronia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    i had a 300zxTT.. a 92 5spd... i had a dual intake system with two mass airflow sensors controlled by an SAFC (super air fuel controller). i also had a boost controller running 14lbs (stock is 7.5lb). stock turbos stock motor stock fuel injectors, no rebuilds my car put down 328rwhp and 345 rwtq. it was fast.. especially around winter and it was dry.. ya know ferrari engineers designed the aerodynamics of the z32 for nissan!! and did you know that for late model diablos, lamborghini bought all nissan z32 headlights LOL.. still has nissan on the lens but lamborghini covers it up with a carbon fiber strip.

anyways WITH THAT SAID.. its a ferrari.. a 348 (355's arn't low enough yet?) but still a ferrari.. i think you should go with that.. the z is a fun car though.. i smoked a S/C C5 vette on the freeway.. from like 110-160ish.. they are highway queens.. sequential turbo setup.. they are awesome..

and www.twinturbo.net is the top site for them.. top site..the most knowledge and experience around.. i've been on it for 4 year

EDIT: I also had completely free flowing exhaust from turbos back and other supporting mods.. its a great car.. very solid.. all twin turbos came with four wheel steering.. the HICAS system doensn't fail very often either.. really solid.. most remove it though =/

10. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    Why can't the mods delete these stupid ass Ferrari vs. whatever questions!? THIS IS A FERRARI SITE NOT HONDA, NISSAN, CORVETTE OR ANY OTHER BULLSH@T CAR SITE. Oh, sorry was that out of line? Ahh... who cares, enough already.

11. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #11 PAP 348, Nov 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. QWKDTSN

QWKDTSN Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2006
    WA, USA
    Full Name:
    Steven Patch
    Frozenguy, Z32s are not sequential twin turbo. Late model RX7s and Supras were sequential turbo (meaning they had one small and one large turbocharger). The ZXTT has two turbos of equal size, one for each bank of cylinders.

That said, this thread should go away (and this is from someone whose first real car love was the Z32. I ended up not having enough money at 16 to be able to pay for one AND be able to repair it so I got a 240Z instead). This is a Ferrari board and everyone's going to get huffy about these kinds of posts.

13. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Is anyone else just waiting to see what this thread unfolds?

14. Giovanni_P

Giovanni_P Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    MetroWest, MA
    Full Name:
    John Pelliccio
    As the only twin turbo 300ZX present in the recent FCA Massachusetts rally and Brazil Grand Prix viewing event, I have to say that I would have much preferred to show up in a 348 :) My (modified ECU, exhaust, intake, brakes, blah, blah, blah) Z32 is probably quicker than a 348, and light years ahead of a 348 in terms of ergonomics, but it's just not the same thing. At all.

Besides, an outrageously modified 300ZX can be had for less than $20k. That's lunch money compared to what a 348 and its associated maintainence will end up costing you. Apples and oranges, dude.

Gio P

15. Frozenguy

Frozenguy Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2004
    Bay Area, Califronia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    yeah.. oops.. i meant to say non-
    my bad :)

and this thread should NOT go away.. it needs to stay so this guy can make the right choice!! (the Fcar)

16. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    I've had all kinds of Z's and think they are great cars at any price and that they are inexpensive and reliable makes them that much more appealing.

Their not Ferraris though. The original Z as we all know is an homage or a inexpensive and well done rip-off of a Daytona.

If owning a Z car was as satisfying as owning a Ferrari we wouldn't be here paying 3 to 5 times the amount of time, money and worry owning or entertaining the idea of owning a Ferrari.

17. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Z cars are cool, but dude, if you have to ask, a Ferrari is not for you.

Birdman

18. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    What ^he^ said!!! The NSX is way better!!

Without a doubt!!!

Ditto!!!

Where do these 1st post, crappy subject, thread starter idiots come from!! :(

Ditto!!!!!!!!! 100x

19. Giovanni_P

Giovanni_P Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    MetroWest, MA
    Full Name:
    John Pelliccio
    I think our conversation at Starbucks one Sunday went something like:

Me: "I end up spending half my time trying to keep it [my black Z] clean"

You: "Hell, I spend half my time trying to keep it [your 308] running!"

But anytime you want to trade keys... :)

Gio P

20. Fpassion

Fpassion Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2005
    I owned a 91 twinturbo it was fun but to heavy. Its not an exotic but a fun beater at best. If you want exotic buy 348 if you want something reliable and exotic buy nsx :) If money is not an issue then buy the ferrari.

Also the diablo lenses were glass with H1 projection HD headlights designed by the german designer/engineer Strozek not identicle to the Z32 ones which used H4 halogens and plastic covers.

21. Fpassion

Fpassion Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2005
    ahhahaah then there wouldn;t be anything to laugh at, plus people can still dream :)

22. dkny

dkny Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2005
    Kingston, NY
    Full Name:
    dave
    Z cars were and are great cars, as are many of there rivals , TT supra, NSX, etc. It took me years (OK, 10 years +/-) of cool cars to come to the ferrari. Its a maturing process. When you are ready, you won't need to post on a forum which car to buy, get your z. Come back in the future and let us know when you have joined the brotherhood.

23. van22

van22 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2005
    Absecon Island, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    VAN C
    buy a volkswagen beetle convertible put a twin turbo nsx motor in it and have fun you'll have something to talk about and you'll be special and price is no object when your 16 and a cashier at a bank. WTF!

24. BlastFromThePast

Nov 16, 2006
    Thanks everybody who put their time in replying to my post. I have similar posts on other Z forum.
    I have decided to go for both the cars, Z for my everyday and the 348 for weekend, thats coz Z is a cheap car interms of money so why not own both together, which means i have to sell my Supra coz i dont like its interior.
    In my personal opinion and only my personal opinion, i believe that a modified Z32 > 348 interms of style performance and speed.

Hereis something to think about, if Nissan 300zx was called a Ferrari 300zx, meaning if z32 the way it is was actually made by ferrari, then it
    would be a far more superior car and rated higher than it is under the name of Nissan. In conclusion its the NAME brand thats putting 348 > 300z. Again thats my personal opinion which others might not agree with.

25. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    Every time i look at the new 350z i wonder why Nissan just doesn't return to making a near copy of Lambo or a Ferrari (like the original 240z) instead of having the squashed bulbous looking car they have now. It'd still be just a mass produced Jap car but if they at least got the sheet metal to look like a 430 or Gallardo that'd be great.