250 GTO in Maine!!!!!!! | FerrariChat

250 GTO in Maine!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'New England' started by masterflex164, Oct 31, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. masterflex164

masterflex164 Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2004
    New England
    #1 masterflex164, Oct 31, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    Its from KTR Motorsports i believe. Ive seen it in person and its beautiful!!

3. masterflex164

Oct 17, 2004
    New England
    anyone know where is it? city? would love to see a GTO in the flesh

4. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    KTR European Motorsports
    99 Fitchburg Rd.
    Ayer, Massachusetts 01432
    Telephone: 978.772.7800
    Fax: 978.772.0597

They should have a couple Noble's in stock and the 250 GTO should be on the main floor. Please take lots of pictures if you go!! :)

5. masterflex164

Oct 17, 2004
    New England
    Then why is it registered on Maine plates??

I'll try to get down there maybe in the last week of Nov. and I'll take LOTS of pics.

6. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    it doesnt matter where you register your car. My sister lived in Utah then moved back to CT and never got new CT plates.

7. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    check your own state regulations. it matters a lot in some places.

doody.

8. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    MA gets real upset if it finds you driving a car registered to you in another state & your driver's license says you live in MA.

YUP, it's the same car. Here's a link to KTR's info about it:

http://www.ktrmotorsports.com/html/racecars10_1.html

Believe I heard that the GTO's owner has a residence in Maine, but KTR stores & maintains it for him.

It is indeed a beautiful car. It's also believed to be the last unrestored GTO. The paint is a bit tired, some mild checking. The owner vintage races it & often takes it for a weekend. It's been at the Museum of Transportation's Corso Italiano a couple of times.

9. KTR

KTR Guest

Jun 17, 2005
    Car is not the GTO here. Ours has NY tags and does not attend Concours for the most part. The car pictured was probably registered in Maine for tax purposes. The Bush family lives in Maine, maybe its theirs?

10. KTR

KTR Guest

Jun 17, 2005
    p.s The car here is RHD!!!

11. Driven1413

Driven1413 Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex

And owned by a woman who actually races it at Limerock Park. I saw her last race at the Vintage Festival Weekend in September, she was such a pro dicing it up with the Aston Martin. It was the highlight of the whole weekend for me. I have some pics of her pulling into the paddock after that race.Ill try to post them tonight.

Alex

12. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven

Alex, she races that car... a lot! And often! Just as G-d and Enzo have intended :)

NYC Fred likes this.
  13. MJarrettR

MJarrettR Formula 3

Apr 14, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Jarrett Rothmeier
    Hi Guys,

The car in the pictures from Concorso Arizona is 250GTO s/n 3607GT. This is Rob Walton's GTO (of Wal-Mart fame). He does not live in Maine, although he may have a residence there, but that is not where the car is kept.

The GTO which is being associated with KTR and raced by 'a lady' is 250GTO s/n 3647GT. This car is owned by James and Sandra McNeil and is often raced by Sandra. The car is completely original, unrestored, and has been owned by McNeil since 1967, the second longest GTO ownership ever. This car is registered in New York (since that is where the McNeils live) and is not the car in the picture. So two different cars, but both are original GTOs. BTW, the McNeil car s/n 3647GT was also at Tutto Italiano in 2004 and the Castle Hill Concours in Ipswich in 2002.

-Jarrett

14. MJarrettR

MJarrettR Formula 3

Apr 14, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Jarrett Rothmeier
    The McNeil's car is RHD as it was originally sold to Maranello Concessionaires in England. In 1962 it was raced fairly extensively by soon-to-be world Champion John Surtees.

You'll notice that the car in the Concorso Arizona pictures is LHD. That is because this car was originally sold to Ferdinando Pagliarini in Italy who raced it extensively. It was also later raced under the Ecurie Francorchamps banner in Belgium and France.

-Jarrett

15. mercedesbenze55amg

mercedesbenze55amg Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2004
    Plymouth Ma.
    Full Name:
    J. Nutter
    Not only that but the one that KTR is in posession of has NY plates (I know a mecanic at KTR) the GTO that KTR has has the race number 11 on the body

16. Mandrews1984

Mandrews1984 Rookie

Jul 10, 2020
    I swear I saw this car driving down 1A on long sands beach in York, Maine last summer. I heard something coming down the road so I turned and my jaw almost hit the ground. I’ve been telling people about it ever since... I actually think some of them don’t believe me.