2018/2019 Silly season | FerrariChat

2018/2019 Silly season

Discussion in 'F1' started by Igor Ound, Mar 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  2. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Definitely more than just a safety delegate and will actually join in june

3. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Don't think it will help us much....

Igor Ound likes this.
  4. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    This is the bone head that spearheaded the halo effort.....I can wait to see what he will bring to Ferrari.....

Finlander likes this.
  5. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Our Budkowski isn't as good as Renault's Budkowski.

furoni likes this.
  6. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    He serves his post with the FIA up to June.......does a 3 month gardening leave...then joins us in September, late in the season.:)

He's no Budkowski.

7. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Might be readng it wrong but I understand he’s just given his notice and the three months will expire in June

8. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Charlie Whiting unconcerned by new F1 standing restart procedure

14 Mar 2018

FIA race director Charlie Whiting says he's unconcerned about F1's new standing restart procedure following an "odd comment" from Romain Grosjean.

FIA race director Charlie Whiting is unconcerned by Formula 1's new restart procedure following red flags despite a complaint from Romain Grosjean following the first trials during pre-season testing in Barcelona earlier this month.

In a revised sporting regulation for the 2018 season, Whiting will be able to call for a standing restart following a red flag period in a race if conditions are deemed suitable, with the cars returning to the track behind the safety car after the stoppage.

The new format was trialled through the second pre-season test week, with Grosjean predicting there would be "carnage" as drivers would not be able to work enough heat into their tyres.

Grosjean said at the time he would discuss the issue with his fellow GPDA members, but Whiting does not feel there is any major issue coming from the new restart format.

"No driver has spoken to me about it. It seems a bit of an odd comment to me because they all put new tyres on whenever there is a red flag," Whiting told select media including Crash.net in London on Tuesday.

"I’m not too concerned about that. I think the grip was quite low in Barcelona anyway. They didn’t put new tyres on, did they? Because it was a quick procedure. "I’m not overly concerned about that."

As per the updated regulation for 2018: "Once the safety car has entered the pit lane all cars, with the exception of those that were in their garage at the time the race was suspended, must return to the grid, take up their grid positions and follow the procedures set out in Article 36.9 to 36.13." The cited articles relating to the usual start procedure after a formation lap.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/891535/1/whiting-unconcerned-new-f1-standing-restarts

9. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    MARCH 15, 2018

Renault exhaust legal for now says Whiting

F1's governing body will not ask Renault to change the layout of its 2018 exhaust.

The yellow and black car turned heads during Barcelona testing because it appeared the exhaust had been angled towards a specially heat-resistant rear wing.

That is despite the fact that exhaust 'blowing' is not allowed.

But F1 race director Charlie Whiting is quoted by Italy's Autosprint: "I think any advantage they get is absolutely marginal.

"I see no problem, provided they do not operate the engine in a mode that would not be normal," he added.

He is referring to any special 'exhaust blowing' engine maps, but said that apart from that, what Renault is doing is not sinister.

"We have to accept that the effect of exhaust gases on the wings exists and has always existed," said Whiting.

"In 2013 and 2013, the impact was enormous so one of the things we did in 2014 was ensure that any effect from the exhaust gases is small.

"We will find out during the year if it is necessary to intervene again," he added.

10. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
  11. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    vinuneuro and Finlander like this.
  12. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Wolff names Sainz as Mercedes candidate

APRIL 12, 2018

Toto Wolff has named more candidates as speculation about the Mercedes driver line up of the future ramps up.

Currently, both Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas' contracts expire at the end of the season.

Mercedes wants Hamilton to stay, but the British driver appears to be playing hardball with conditions including contract length and price.

Daniel Ricciardo has been linked with the seat, but more names are now emerging -- including Mercedes junior Esteban Ocon and Renault driver Carlos Sainz.

"We want Hamilton to stay with us until 2030," team boss Wolff is quoted by El Mundo Deportivo.

"But in formula one everything is possible and I don't think you'd find a single driver who doesn't want to become champion with Ferrari. But for now Lewis is with us and I hope at least until 2020," he added.

Wolff referred to Mercedes junior Ocon, who currently drives for Force India, as his "little treasure".

"I've known him for a long time and his progress from year to year is very visible," he said.

"Another excellent driver is Carlos Sainz Jr, and if he shows up well next to Nico Hulkenberg then all of the teams will be interested in him," Wolff added.

"We wanted to see Carlos with us and I even met with his father, but they are in the Red Bull programme," he said. "But we maintain excellent relations."

13. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    baby steps.....I guess

Fuel limit of 105kg per race likely to be scrapped in 2019. Days of lift & coast might be over soon. —- Amus f1

14. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    To 110kg per race??

:p:p:p

15. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Haha yeah....so long ridiculously low amount of engines per year isn't changed, this will make **** all difference sorry to say.

16. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    More like 80 kg.... it is called progress

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

17. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    NEP likes this.
  18. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    stavura and NEP like this.
  19. ferrariformulauno

ferrariformulauno Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2008
    33km from Maranello
    Full Name:
    Andre
    I think we should add a few more colors to the Pirelli Rainbow

Monsoon, Hurricane, Flood, Wet, Intermediate, Drizzle and Sprinkle while we are at it ;)

20. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

With Charlie Whiting petrified of a Wet Race, one wet compound is suitable for the Cars to follow the Safety Car.

21. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

http://www.planetf1.com/news/alonso-linked-with-mclaren-exit-report/

Lando Norris has been tipped to replace Fernando Alonso, who will reportedly leave McLaren at the end of the season.

According to Spanish publication Diario Gol, highly-rated Norris is in line to make the step up to Formula 1 as Alonso has 'grown increasingly frustrated' with McLaren's incapability of providing a car that can match the likes of Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull.

McLaren are believed to have further one-year options on both Alonso and his team-mate Stoffel Vandoorne, but Alonso is apparently ready for a new challenge elsewhere.

Mercedes and Ferrari could both have seats available at the end of the season with Valtteri Bottas and Kimi Raikkonen also out of contract, but it appears very unlikely either team will look to sign him and risk disrupting the team dynamics with Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel.

That may lead Alonso to continue racing in other disciplines away from Formula 1, something which he has stepped up this year with a full WEC season also on the agenda this year.

In reality, we look forward to Alonso being linked with every team under the sun before he signs a new extension with McLaren.

22. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Out of harm's way.

No racing for Kvyat in 2018

APRIL 20, 2018

Ferrari is keeping Daniil Kvyat so busy he has no time to race elsewhere.

That is despite the fact that, since he was snapped up by the Italian team following his Red Bull ousting, the Russian driver has had a very low profile.

But he's apparently been working hard in the Ferrari simulator, and this week he will make his debut in one of the Maranello team's F1 cars for a Pirelli tyre test at Fiorano.

Asked if Ferrari will let Kvyat race in another series in 2018, a spokesman told Russia's Championat: "At the moment he is completely concentrated on his work in the simulator."

23. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Can he Crash into Vettel in the simulator? If not it is not a realistic one and the data collected might help nobody

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Zisky, BMWairhead, fil and 4 others like this.