2015 California t questions | FerrariChat

2015 California t questions

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Gene G, Nov 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gene G

Gene G Karting

Jul 13, 2015
    Saint Johns Fl.
    Full Name:
    Gene
    I’m considering buying a 2015 Cali t with 6000 miles on it. What should I look for as possible problems.

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Get all the service records you can, and do a prepurchase inspection. For earlier gen Cali, the biggest worries appear to be failure of the hard top convertible and sensors in the DCT. The turbo Calis seem to suffer less from these issues...T

3. Yvan Bergeron

Yvan Bergeron Rookie

Mar 9, 2018
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Yvan Bergeron (Boucherville)
    I have my California T 2015 for 4 years now with 12k miles on, and had only One problem, transmission sensor ($10k to change) the warranty had expired.
    It’s a fantastic car, you can Drive It daily; My wife and I are golfers,We put two bags (small) in the trunk and still have plenty of room on back seats for luggages.

daytona355 likes this.
  4. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    There aren't many pervasive problems with the California T (to my knowledge), as the factory seems to have made a few improvements to the top and the gearbox since the original California, but having a Ferrari warranty is not a bad idea for the first year, at least. If you're buying from a Ferrari dealer, you can still add the warranty after the fact, provided service has been kept up to date and the car passes an inspection.

I have a black (nero daytona) 2015 T (for sale) that has the New Power factory warranty until July 2021. I also owned a 2013 California 30, and had a go-around with the sensors on the convertible top on that car, otherwise it was fine. The T's roof has been flawless so far. But I am still glad I have the warranty on the car. The post from Yvan is the first time I've heard of a transmission sensor issue on a California T, it's more common on the earlier cars. But no one wants a $10k repair bill.

daytona355 likes this.
  5. SB27

SB27 Karting

Dec 2, 2015
    I have a 16 Cali T.

No issues except for some roof rattling when closed. There are some clever fix threads here using various techniques. It has not been bad enough for me to take it back to the dealer as of yet.

I have NEVER heard of a California T transmission issue in the 2015 and newer cars. Some of the original Californias? Yes. The Cali T? No. Not one.

Other than doing the basic maintenance, ZERO issues so far at about 3,000 miles.

I have to say that the reputation of Ferrari from decades ago made me skeptical as a new-to-the-brand guy about 3 years ago. I have been very impressed with the build quality and durability so far. Way better than I expected.

Good luck.

daytona355 and JotaEle like this.