2012 Caffeine and Gasoline events, Tulsa | FerrariChat

2012 Caffeine and Gasoline events, Tulsa

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by mrdezyne, Mar 13, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Hey gang!

I know its always last minute before I post the events here, I appologize and will try to do better this year.

Our first meet is coming up this Saturday March 17th at the usual place and time. The Jaguar Club of Tulsa has also invited anyone in our group to join them on a drive to Pensecola dam and a tour of the dam upon arrival. Lunch stop is also on the itenerary before the drive back. The tour pack will be leaving LaFortune Park at 10 am but the rest of us will still be there until noon if you would like to just stop by and say hello.

9am to noon, 61st and Yale, south parking lot of LaFortune park. Starbucks is across the street so get your cup-o-joe before you join us.

We are approaching 350 on Facebook which I think is pretty respectible for Tulsa. I can only imagine we will surpass the 400 to 450 mark before the end of the year.

I'll post pics of the drive/meet next week and this thread will serve as the updates and photo deposit for this years events.

Hope to see you all there,
    Curt

2. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    #2 mrdezyne, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Met some great new people today at the first meet of 2012. A couple new exotics turned up late also!
    Here is the link to the FB photo album. Still waiting to hear how the drive whent, I had to stay behind today.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150623989157903.390959.369311772902&type=1&l=052f6c52a2
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. corvetteman39

corvetteman39 Karting

Feb 16, 2009
    Bartlesville, OK
    Full Name:
    Robert Bean
    Randy, Deon and I went down and took the cruise to do the Dam tour. Was an awesome time got to really see what my vette could do yesterday up against a new Challenger 392! I was impressed for the most part but am looking forward to putting bigger cylinder heads and high flow injectors to get me over the 500 hp mark. The Challenger and I hit 170 mph yest during one little challenge, then during the cruise we left the last light in Pryor with a bang outside of town in a wide open four lane. As we hit 105 a pair of crotch rockets decide to come flying around us at 160mph and none of us saw or heard the Pryor police slowing catching up behind us!

Needless to say we were slowing down and the bikes kept going on around us as the cop was right behind them, as they finally pulled over and I went by at 55 the cop looked and was on his radio as I passed by calling into the next town of Langly. As we reached the next town at the end of the bridge sure enough there was the Langly police but they had someone already as we drove by at the posted speed limit of 45mph! LOL!! After the excitment of the drive we had the awesome tour of the Pensicola Dam, an awesome sight to see! All in all it was an awesome time and I look forward to doing another meet sometime soon......

4. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    Plus we talked to the guys that got pulled over on the bikes. And they got off with no tickets.

5. JPSIII

JPSIII Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2010
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Phillip Sartin
    Yeah glad I just happened to spot this thread. I was unsure whether or not there were any gatherings in Tulsa, but lo and behold I've found you guys! Hope to see you at future gatherings and out and about as the weather gets nicer!

6. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY!

hint hint, the next meet is this Saturday 4-21-12 from 9-noon at 61st and Yale in the south parking lot of LaFortune park.

The weather is looking like its going to be just about perfect. Take advantage of this spring weather we are having to come out and enjoy some great people and beautiful cars.

Make plans now to come out and join us this weekend!

Curt

7. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Hey gang,

I know this is late notice but the meet that should be scheduled for tomorrow morning (6-16-12) has been moved to 6-30-12, the last Saturday in June.

I've decieded to do this for two reasons, one the town of Bixby has invited us to join in their yearly festivities and car show. This will serve as our monthly meet also. Two, some of you may have heard we recently lost one of our car crazy friends in a vehicle accident. Dex Brown was a passenger in car that went off the road and wrapped around a tree at fairly high speed. Both the driver Daris and Dex were fataly injured and died at the scene. We are dedicating this meet and car show to Dex and his family from the C&G gang so I encourage you to attend if you have time on that Saturday.

9-2pm in downtown Bixby on N Armstrong Street. We have two blocks sectioned off for parking. All makes and models welcome. For more info contact Shel Jones at [email protected] or 202-595-4683 to hold your parking spot.

I'll check back if anyone has any questions.

Curt

8. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    September meet is this coming Saturday 9-15-12. Forecast is for chances of rain but we will still meet until it looks too bad to stick around. Hopefully its just cloudy and the droplets don't fall until later in the afternoon.

FB page is linked here if you are interested in checking out past meets, drives, and shows. Lots of pics.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Caffiene-and-Gasoline-Tulsa/369311772902

9. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Fall drive time! Anyone interested?

Well just in case you are ready to hit the open road with a bunch of your favorite gear head buddies, I have a fresh route planned for this year’s Fall Drive.

We will still be meeting bright and early Saturday morning on the 27th at LaFortune as our starting point. I’ll try to be there early around 8am to get the regular meet going. Those of us headed out for the cruise will have a drivers meeting around 9:45 am and try to hit the road by 10:00.

This year our route will take us on some new roads and some old faithful routes. Unfortunately the first 46 miles or so is still the straight 4 lane doldrums of 412 over to Locust Grove which is our first stopping spot to regroup. The filling stations on both corners are non-ethanol stations, if you need to refuel this is a good spot to fill up. As we all file in, try not to park right in front of the station and block the pumps, there is another business next to the filling station that has a parking lot, feel free to pull in there if you do not plan on getting gas.

From here we will head north to Salina where we take a right at the light onto School Rd. We tried this little stretch on our last impromptu cruise and everyone seemed to enjoy its twists and less traffic. This dumps us onto HWY 10 which we will take south to HWY 116 East. This little stretch takes us through Colcord, it doesn’t look all that impressive and seems pretty straight but it gets us over to Arkansas to jump on 43 south down to Siloam Springs. This is our next stop at the corner of 412 and 59, there is a filling station for a potty break.

From here we head south on 59 and we don’t stop again until lunch at Sam and Ellas in Tahlequah. 59 takes us down to Westville and HWY 62 West which will lead us into Tahlequah.

Don’t worry, there is no pop-quiz to see how much of the route you remember, in fact here is the link to the Google map for you to look over and get familiar with. This route shows to be a little over 3 hours if we make short stops. These routes are not set in stone so if you have suggestions for alternate stops let me know.
    http://goo.gl/maps/UTAcx

You have two options for the return route:

If you need to get back quick, here is the express map:
    http://goo.gl/maps/3Nw6K

If you have some time to kill after lunch, here is the more scenic way back:
    http://goo.gl/maps/02qrz

If you are a veteran of past drives you know how much fun we have and what a great group of people you are with along the way. Feel free to pass this along to anyone that might like to join us.

If you have any questions or comments feel free to reply to me via this email or call the contact below.

Looking forward to seeing you guys and gals on the 27th!

10. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Hey gang, its that time of the year again! Grab some toys and plan to join us for a short cruise to Jackie Cooper Imports for snacks and a tech session. We are expecting over 100 participants this year as the word keeps spreading and we pick up new members at C&G.

The Drive will be similar to last years route, down to Haskell then up through Bixby to Memorial and north to JC.

Google map:
    http://goo.gl/maps/R53SE

We have some fun stuff in the works for 2013, including indoor meets for January and February at Executive Auto Detailing, thank you Chris!

We will continue with the Hallet track days which were a hit this year, and of course the Spring and Fall drives (note to self, buy radar dectector). If you guys have any ideas of other events you would like to see C&G participate in, please shoot me an email or post up here. We are at almost 600 on FB and growing all the time. Lets keep the momentum going into 2013!

11. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    #11 mrdezyne, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thank you to everyone that made the 2012 Toy Drive such a success! Almost 450 toys were dontated today to Toys for Tots and collected at Jackie Cooper Imports.

Thank you to Jackie Cooper for hosting us again for the 4th year and feeding us all an amazing lunch.

I counted 92 cars as we were preparing to leave on the drive and I know we gained a couple more by the time we reached JC so 95-100 total? Not bad at all!

So I'll stop jabbing and get on with what you really want, pics...

12. noblesteed

noblesteed Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Brantley
    Beautiful Testarossa!

13. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Its time to retire the 2012 thread and start the fresh 2013 C&G thread... I'll post up photos of the January meet there...

Curt