For Sale - 2000 Acura NSX-T | Monaco Blue Pearl, Low Miles, Stock | FerrariChat

For Sale 2000 Acura NSX-T | Monaco Blue Pearl, Low Miles, Stock

Discussion in 'Cars' started by Sterling Sackey, Dec 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sterling Sackey

Sterling Sackey Formula 3
    Sponsor

Full Photoset: Click Here
    Underbody Photos: Click Here

[​IMG]

I'm proud to present this pristine, stock 2000 Acura NSX-T finished in the #1 rarest color for USA-spec NSXs, Monaco Blue Pearl (B-501P). This NSX is 1 of only 44 produced in this color for the USA-market. It is paired with a striking & also-rare Camel (tan) interior.

This "NA2" generation NSX includes the improved 3.2-liter engine & 6-speed manual transmission. More interestingly, it also includes the rare model year 2000 & 2001 specification changes, most prominently a vastly improved ABS system & much more modern perforated leather interior (versus the now dated-looking “ruched” leather in earlier NSXs).

No accidents. All VIN tags matching & intact. 100% clean Carfax. Free & clear, clean title. 4-owners from new.

Miles: 42,500

This NSX-T is in fantastic condition, showing even better than the mileage would suggest. The car includes a comprehensive clear bra wrap, covering the front end & various areas around the car. All accessories work as they should inside & out, including the radio and A/C (typical trouble areas on these cars). I have sourced, owned, driven, and sold tens of NSXs and can confidently say this is a great example in an incredibly rare & striking color combination. NSXs in unique colors like this do not come along often.

Maintenance Information:

My trusted NSX technician (the most prominent NSX mechanic on the West coast) has advised that the timing belt service is not necessary at this time on this NSX.

Tires are Bridgestone RE010 in front (2011 date codes) and Michelin Pilot Super Sports in the rear (2015 date codes). The tires show about 50% tread life remaining.

I have noted that the steering rack in this NSX makes a slight squeaking noise when turning the wheel. However, the rack shows no play and feels otherwise completely normal for an EPS-equipped NSX. I think this indicates the rack could simply use a proper lubrication to solve the issue. Otherwise, the car drives without a single flaw, and exactly as an NA2 NSX should.

Cosmetic Notes:

The passenger-side front fender has been professionally repainted due to a former oversized wheel & tire combination damaging the inner fender lip slightly. The fender retains its matching VIN tag in place. The wheels have a fair amount of repairable curb rash on the passenger side, and almost none on the driver’s side. The interior leather could use a proper cleaning due to its lighter color but is otherwise in fantastic shape.

History Notes:

This car has previously had some professionally installed high quality bolt-on performance modifications including a Comptech supercharger. Important to note is that this supercharger was also sold through Acura dealers when these cars were new, and it held up to Acura’s standards for maintaining the NSX’s OEM warranty. The aforementioned parts were removed by the current owner and returned to stock, as he has another modified NSX and wanted to enjoy this car in its stock form. The supercharger in particular was fitted for only around half of the car’s life, and recent compression readings show strong & even numbers across all cylinders. The car is sold in completely stock form today aside from HID bulbs for the headlights.

Car comes with the following:

- Original keys.
    - 2000 NSX owner's manual.

Asking $75,995.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nicolas21, Boomhauer and tifoso2728 like this.
  2. RareAir23

RareAir23 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Oh man, my fav color. Awesome!! GLWS

3. aventari

aventari Karting

Dec 9, 2010
    San Diego
    I have a grey 2001, and it's been a perfect, trouble-free car for years. These really are everyday supercars.

I wish it this beautiful blue color though!

GLWS

tifoso2728 likes this.
  4. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Nice car - would love to have one of these...GLWS

5. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Thanks for the compliments! Taking offers!

6. surfwolf

surfwolf Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 14, 2012
    Bethany, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael Wolfe
    I am interested, but concerned about 42.5 K miles on the engine with the super charger. I love the car & am very familiar with this model. My GF had black 2000 Acura NSX-T that I drove all the time in Santa Barbara up thru San Macros pass area. Please PM me with the Pumppdown/Leakback info & all service info.

7. krazykarguy

krazykarguy Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I love these cars, and this is the one to have - especially in that color.

However, the age of the timing belt is of great concern, and with an October '99 build date, this one is nearly 19 years old. Acura calls for replacement at 90k or 72 months - this one is well past aged out. It's about a $1000-$1500 job to do in situ.

8. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

I have PM'd you, please shoot me an e-mail for the compression test info. It indicates a completely healthy and normal engine.

The age of the timing belt is actually not of great concern, if you are closely familiar with and have worked on many NSXs. Many of the leading NSX technicians in the country only change timing belts based on mileage at this point, not on time. These belts do not break down and crack over time unlike most rubberized timing belts. Chalk it up to Japanese reliability and Honda's ingenuity. However, if you would like to purchase the car, we are happy to arrange to have the timing belt done as part of the deal for your peace of mind.

9. GladH8Her

GladH8Her Rookie

Aug 3, 2015
    14137 VIBURNUM DR
    Full Name:
    PETE NORWICH
    Nicolas21 and Boomhauer like this.
  10. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Near a nuclear powerplant
    Full Name: