$19k For a Honda Fit? | FerrariChat

$19k For a Honda Fit?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by jimpo1, Jul 14, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    My son and I were bored yesterday afternoon, and wound up looking around a Honda dealership. They only had 1 Fit on the lot, and with the 'Dealer Add Ons' the price of the car went from $16.7 to $19.2. Lot's of very important add ons also, things like 'wheel locks' for $295.

Unreal how the dealers have no problem raping their customers. Even worse that some sucker will pay for it.

2. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I discovered this a few weeks ago when I went car shopping with the GF. She wanted a Fit and it was just as expensive as the Civic with their added markups.

She chose the Civic as it had more creature comforts and only sacrificed 2 MPG.

3. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    It's crazy what the dealers are doing on the 'miser' cars.

I dropped in to check out a Chevy Aveo, it ended up being some $4000 higher than the Cobalt, and only picked up 1-2 MPG

4. JDZNate

JDZNate Formula Junior

May 14, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Nate
    #4 JDZNate, Jul 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The "Micro-Cars" are a huge hit. They are selling for way over MSRP. Back in 2004 I bought this Scion xB as daily driver for $14,500. You can now buy a used one for around $16,000. I guess there is a sucker born every minute.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    It's called supply and demand...the best economic system created by man...what do you want, the government to set and control prices for you?

6. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    $295.00 for wheel locks ? lol

My sister is an attorney. She is not exactly gullable. Years ago, she wanted to trade in a vehicle for a new car. The salesman asked her to sign the buyer's contract. She asked what the trade in amount was, for her car. The salesman told her, after you sign the contract, I will get you the very best price, on your trade-in, with the salesmanager. It is amazing what these people will try. I have heard of some stories of old people, that were taken to the cleaners on slow moving merchandise - from an x salesman at a freeway type car dealer.

7. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Trading is always a bad idea as the dealer will give you wholesale...after all, the dealer then has to sell it for a profit either on his own lot or at auction. And, it is actually better to agree on a price for the car you're buying before you even discuss you have a trade anyway. Otherwise, the dealer will just inflate the price of the car you're buying and then give you more for your trade to make you think you got a good deal on the trade. If your sister was happy with the price she was quoted for the car she wanted to buy, she should have bought it and then sold her old car on her own if the amount offered in trade was not acceptable...that would have been the smart, non-gullible thing to do...

8. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    Was a a Jeep Dealership the other day. There was a 2005 Pontiac G6 with about an inch of pollen/dust on it and 4 flat tires. The salesperson told me: "It was going for $17k just last week but we're having trouble moving it so I'll let it go for 13k" I looked at him and laughed. I used to work in sales when I was a kid.. you are litteraly told to make up stories to create urgency.. the salesman even told me that he was considering buying it for that price.