1994 348 Spider All Gauges - Tail Lights Not Working | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1994 348 Spider All Gauges - Tail Lights Not Working

Discussion in '348/355' started by njrockman, May 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    A most generous offer, Mike. Unfortunately, that last diagram needs quite a bit of work. Also, I don't have access to the F348, like I do with the F355 so I can't add any more location details. It's interesting to note, though, that the F355 has a common heritage... Some locations and many wire colours for particular systems are the same. Anyway, I've marked my second version with red squares to highlight the illegible colours and numbers.

Instrument Diagram 5b version 2

You may have to refresh your browser to see the newer version.

Figure 5 is almost identical to 5b, so I should have that available shortly. There are a few plug numbering changes and no battery cutout, but the basics are the same.

Cheers
    Ian.

2. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    #27 ///Mike, May 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ian, I think I filled in all of the blanks but if I missed anything or if you have any other questions I'll do my best to help. This is as large as the site will let me upload so if you'll PM me an email address I'll send you the full meal deal.

Cheers,

///Mike
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Texas Bumblebee

Texas Bumblebee Karting

Aug 4, 2015
    Texas US
    Full Name:
    Roger
    #28 Texas Bumblebee, Mar 16, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    Reviving an old thread because no taillights or instrument lighting.

1995 348 Spider (build date April, 1994)

No taillights or instrument lighting. Per the diagnosis in this thread I replaced the relay in the footrest fuse box, the “b-Control relay for actuation of external lighting”, with a new Bosch 0332015006 relay but the new relay hasn’t corrected the problem; still no taillights or instrument lighting.

I did spray DexolT on the new relay just before I installed it. The battery cutoff was in “off” position when I installed the new relay.

I have checked every other electrical function on the car and everything else is functioning correctly. I have checked every fuse which seemed relevant and fuses are good.

Oddly, the “parking” lights, the taillight on the each back corner and the front lights in the unit with the front fog lamps, all work correctly. Those parking lights come on with the car running and the lighting switch turned “on” plus those parking lights come with the ignition off and the parking light switch in the dash turned “on”.

This problem was self inflicted. I was trying to replace a burned out taillight and I was checking to see if a LED replacement bulb would light up. I dropped the bulb holder and it must have grounded on a piece of metal because I saw a spark and, after that, no taillights and no instrument lighting.

I have ordered another new Bosch 0332015006 relay in the hope the first new relay was defective.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Roger

4. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Which fuses have you looked at?

Fuse 10 controls the inboard tail lights, instrument lights and licence plate lights.
    Fuses 11 and 12 control the left and right outboard tail and front marker lights.

5. Texas Bumblebee

Texas Bumblebee Karting

Aug 4, 2015
    Texas US
    Full Name:
    Roger
    Qavion, I know I pulled and closely examined fuses 11 and 12 and they were fine. But now I can't recall whether I checked Fuse 10. In the Spider Technical Manual section where the fuses are identified, it says for Fuse 10, "Parking light warning lamp-instrument lighting". In my initial search for the relevant fuse(s) I may not have considered Fuse 10 as relevant because I thought only my tail lights were affected, Fuse 10 says nothing about "tail lights" and I thought Fuses 11 and 12 were the controlling fuses. Thanks to your message I examined the wiring diagram in the Workshop Manual and you're right, it certainly appears Fuse 10 controls the inboard tail lights. I will check Fuse 10 as soon as I can and report back. Thank you again for your suggestion.

Qavion likes this.
  6. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    I've added some colours and labels to the original wiring diagram. It may be a little easier to follow.

https://www.dropbox.com/t/ACoVn6VZz830DGPd

7. Texas Bumblebee

Texas Bumblebee Karting

Aug 4, 2015
    Texas US
    Full Name:
    Roger
    Qavion, #10 fuse was blown, as you suggested. Thanks so much for the information about the inboard tail lights being controlled through #10 fuse; the Spider Technical Manual and the information on the panel covering the passenger footwell fuse box didn't say anything about that. The enhanced wiring diagram you uploaded is so much easier to use than the ones in the Manuals; thank you! By chance, do have a similar enhanced wiring diagram for the Air Conditioning System? My 348 has the E5 error code and I'm about to start checking grounds, connections, sensors, etc. The heater valve control and motor were replaced about a year ago by an excellent garage in Dallas, Texas and sometimes the E5 doesn't appear and the system works perfectly but then other times, E5. If you have such an enhanced wiring diagram and could upload it as you did the other diagram, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again for your suggestion about #10 fuse, it was perfect! Roger

Qavion likes this.
  8. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
  9. Texas Bumblebee

Texas Bumblebee Karting

Aug 4, 2015
    Texas US
    Full Name:
    Roger
    Thanks Qavion; those enhanced wiring diagrams are works of art! I greatly appreciate you providing those! Roger

Qavion likes this.