1987 Mondial convert for 25.5K on ebay | FerrariChat

1987 Mondial convert for 25.5K on ebay

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by rskdsk, Feb 3, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
  2. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Great color.

3. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

i would have to ask about the "bulkhead" where the stereo is. that is not a ferrari option. it looks odd and deters from an overall decent looking mondial. however, that being said, there are no cheap ferraris. this car is priced below book value for a reason. and "kindness" isn't one of them.

PPI is mandatory. but if that passes okay, buy it.

joe

4. Max4HD

Max4HD Formula 3

Jun 20, 2006
    Florida
    True, that bulkhead piece holding the sound system is the first one I have seen in a Mondial.

Do not buy w/o a doing a PPI!

5. rskdsk

rskdsk Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2006
    I have looked over the car really well, it looks good and drives perfect. The drivers seat does have the leather cracking ... but that really is the only major flaw ... except the rock chips up front.

6. Max4HD

Max4HD Formula 3

Jun 20, 2006
    Florida
    Probably can't find one w/o those chips.
    I'd rather have one that was driven, than a garage queen.

Remember to have a PPI done! It'll be well worth the $.

(PPI = No surprises when you get the vehicle home!)

Good luck.

7. truman bond

truman bond Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2006
    Keep us posted & let us know what happens - good luck.

8. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Looks like a nice car. How does the engine look? No pics of the engine bay in the ad.

I love the color.

Birdman

9. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    I believe the color is prugna. I'm not a fan of shields on a Mondial, but that's my taste. Actually, I don't like them on any car that didn't come from the factory with them. I can't tell what type they are and whether they can be removed. I don't know the seller, but his story sounds genuine. I don't believe that it doesn't leak, though, because they all do. I replaced every gasket, every hose and every connector and my car still drips a little. Did you notice the Fram oil filter? Is that a clue as to how the car has been maintained? If the car checks out mechanically, that's a fair price considering the mileage.

10. rskdsk

rskdsk Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2006
    This car sits in a garage ... and there are no signs of anything dripping anywhere. All Maintenance records are good, car drives tight, sound good. There is one engine shot and it looks fair. Under the car looks fairly clean as well. The milage is a bit high, but I had a 308 that I sold with 140K miles on it and never had one issue. THe guy that owns that car says it is still running very strong ... so I am not too worried about the miles.

11. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Not sure how I missed that! Yeah, looks OK. Fram oil filter...ugh. But then again, unless you have Fchat to learn these things, how would you know that Fram is bad and you should use a Bladwin???

Birdman