1962 Ferrari 250GTO REPLICA | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1962 Ferrari 250GTO REPLICA

Discussion in 'Cars' started by IAG, Nov 18, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I've told this story before but it kind of fits here. I was at the Historic races one year and there was a replica similar to this in the car club corral.

I was sitting there between races when a pretty famous local Ferrari collector stopped by. As we were chatting he pointed to the replica and said something like "It doesn't look too bad from here." Then with a sly grin on his face he said..."But I parked the real thing down in the paddock area." Yep he had driven his many-million dollar GTO down to watch the races for the afternoon.

2. bwshihtzu

bwshihtzu Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2014
    Arizona
    Somebody should buy it and see if Ferrari would be willing to re-paint it in NART Blue Metallic with a white racing stripe like 250 GTO sn 3387.

3. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i agree that my estimate of 500k was too low. its all ferrari underneath. if real gto is 50m then this could be close to 1m.

why wouldnt new owner just paint it himself however he wants to look? i assume that ferrari would consider it an abomination and want nothing to do with it

4. bwshihtzu

bwshihtzu Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2014
    Arizona
    "Chassis 3781 GT is one of the rare GTO recreations that have been awarded FIA papers. As such, it is eligible to compete in the historic racing events around the world and further confirming that this recreation strictly adheres to the original 250 GTOs."

Why would they give it FIA papers if they considered it an "abomination?"

5. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Didnt notice that. Surprising but makes this car even better

6. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil