For Sale - 1954 Jaguar XK-120SE | FerrariChat

For Sale 1954 Jaguar XK-120SE

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by 360gtracer, Apr 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360gtracer

360gtracer Formula 3

May 18, 2004
    Image Unavailable, Please Login The original owner of this car was a young woman in Pittsfield, MA. Around 1960, it was sold to Mr. Manfred Kerk, also of Pittsfield, a former WWII German Luftwaffe pilot. My father bought this car from Mr. Kerk in 1981.

Dad spent the bulk of the 1980's restoring this car, interrupted for a couple of years by a family move from MA to NY. The car was completed around 1991 and Dad spent the next 22 years driving it, enjoying it, and participating in many Jaguar club events and shows. Because of its stunning color, the car always did well at shows. (I once had this car parked at a show next to two 100 point Jags of similar vintage - and this car received more comments and compliments!)

In 2013, at age 82, Dad decided he'd had all the fun he expected to have with the car and turned it over to me. I did some ignition, cooling, and charging system work to improve the car, and also had the wire wheels serviced with new tires installed.

In May 2015, the car survived a severe house fire (only car to survive - fire started in the garage!) and thus began a two and a half year long full cosmetic refurbishment.

The car was completely stripped. All bodywork and paint was renewed, all interior was renewed including seats, carpets, trim, tonneau cover, and "crash rolls" around the cockpit. All of the gauges were completely rebuilt and refurb'd, as well as windshield glass replaced. Most, though not all, of the chrome was renewed and the car was completely rewired.

While this work was being carried out, other work was also completed. Carbs were removed and rebuilt, heater core and valve were both replaced, and wheels/tires were once again serviced. An aluminum radiator was installed, as were LED taillights. Finally, oil drips were repaired, and new ball joints were installed in the front end to tighten up the steering.

There are many photos and more details here: https://120jag.forsale. Watch the videos - the car drives fantastically now and is ready for a new home!

I can be reached at 540-369-3363 or [email protected].

Any and all questions welcome.

Thanks!

Thomas Magnum and Devilsolsi like this.
  2. 360gtracer

360gtracer Formula 3

May 18, 2004
    This car is still available and price is negotiable. It gets "rave reviews" everywhere it goes - more comments/compliments at a local show than two 100 point Jags parked next to it. A great driver that's ready to go. Feel free to contact me at the phone number/email address above. Thanks!

George

3. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Wow - nothing more needs to be said, the pictures show this is car without peer. Really well done - wish you good luck on the sale. Someone will get an absolute stunner of a car!

Makes my E-Type look like chopped liver!!!!

360gtracer likes this.
  4. 360gtracer

360gtracer Formula 3

May 18, 2004
    Thank you very much. She is gorgeous, and great fun to drive. I really love E-Types, but this is a car that you *REALLY* never see coming at you in the other direction!

5. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Great history and a very nice example!!!

6. 360gtracer

360gtracer Formula 3

May 18, 2004
    Thanks very much. As much as I love this car, I have higher priorities, so am hoping to find a really good, appreciative, new home for her. The asking price may seem high, but once someone sees and drives the car, they'll understand that the asking price, while still negotiable, is not really unfair or unreasonable. But yes, it is still negotiable. ;)

WRT history - my Dad restored two vintage Jags. The other was also owned by a WWII pilot, our side this time. A Flying Tigers pilot by the name of Charles H. Older. After the war, he used his GI bill and put himself through law school. Was eventually appointed to the LA Circuit Court bench and became the judge who tried the Charles Manson case. (!!)

slm likes this.
  7. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

8. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    The XK 120 has to be one of the best looking cars ever as far as Im concerned. One of these days...