18" rims for Mondial | FerrariChat

18" rims for Mondial

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by demarchi, Aug 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. demarchi

demarchi Rookie

Aug 25, 2005
    Hi @ all

I want to know, if there are any 18" rims fitting to an 85 Mondial.
    I read somewhere that Ferrari 360 rims might fit.

thanks

2. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    FChat sponsor www.RonalUSA.com has their LZ model that will fit. Be sure to ask for your 20% FChat discount.

3. demarchi

demarchi Rookie

Aug 25, 2005
    Do I need to modify anything for these rims? Its a cabrio.

4. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Ronal will customize the wheels with the proper offset for your car. Call them at 800-899-1212 (west coast) and ask for Gary, though other sales folks there can help you too.

5. demarchi

demarchi Rookie

Aug 25, 2005
    Well Im living in germany so I will first try Ronal here, but thanks for the information.

6. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    #6 snj5, Aug 25, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yes - all Mondials have about the same offset and most 348 and later rims can work, sometimes requiring different lugs or spacers. Good threads in the archives available on FChat. I went with Speedlines (see profile), as they are Ferrari OEM and engineered for the car.
    If you like later Ferrari wheels, here are some FChatter Mondials with 348, 355, 360 and 512TR wheels.
    best
    rt
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. demarchi

demarchi Rookie

Aug 25, 2005
    Thanks snj5. Could you tell me which Speedlines you are driving on? Is it 2311 sc? And which tyre size do you use and of which manufacturer?
    Do you have an entry for the wheels in the vehicle registration document? In germany you need for every modification on a vehicle an entry. Without a special verification you are not allowed to drive with the car on the streets only on race-tracks.

8. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner

The wheels were available through German Ferrari dealers as well as the German Speedline dealer (advertised in the German 'Ferrari World' magazine) when I lived in Germany; I do not think there is a problem with TUV, as these could be gotten through Ferrari dealers (e.g. Ulrich). I believe mine were the 17 inch 2311, also called 'Mistrals'. I have 7.5" wide on the front and 8.5" wide on the rear. I have found that 215/50 or 225/50-17 on the front and 245/45-17 on the rear are good.

Viel Spass,
    Tschuess!
    rt

9. demarchi

demarchi Rookie

Aug 25, 2005
    I called some lokal Ferrari dealers and they all said that there are no other wheels avaiable for the Mondial. Perhaps they just didnt know.
    Well I found out that RH Tecnic ( http://www.der-autoladen.de/Felgen%20-%20RH-Tecnic.htm ) might fit also, at least they fit for the 348 tb/ts/spider.

10. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    #10 BigAl, Aug 26, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017