11/14 -- Early AM Downtown Boston Meet...my last Boston gala :( | Page 2 | FerrariChat

11/14 -- Early AM Downtown Boston Meet...my last Boston gala :(

Discussion in 'New England' started by Nabbs, Nov 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SPHFerrari

SPHFerrari Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2004
    Mass
    Full Name:
    Spenser
    well i will be out of town that weekend i think. but who cares about me?:D i dont have a car:(

2. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003

ill come every weekend lol

3. Jakillo

Jakillo Karting

May 29, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Jason Toms
    i cant do it on the thanksgiving weekend, this upcoming sunday is good for me!

4. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    The 28th is better for me as well. I can make both dates, but the 16th will be very busy. I would also think there will be less traffic on the 28th as people are still away for the holiday.

5. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I can make 28th

6. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    looks like its gonna be the 28th

7. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    Ok, let's do it the 28th.

What say we all grab a bite to eat and maybe a pint or two? We could hit the Black Rose right afterwards?

Otherwise we could leave Boston, if there are others who might be interested in a late breakfast?

-N

8. Driven1413

Driven1413 Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Boston has some pretty poor streets with all of the construction going on. Is there a way we could try to avoid the worst streets, and stick to nice even pavement? Regardless, I will try to be there on either date. A gathering of exotic cars will usually take priority over anything else I may have planned. One more day out in the TR before winter sets in sounds like a plan....

Alex

9. mondial86

mondial86 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    David Holmes
    RIGHT NOW THE 28TH WORKS FOR ME
    DAVID

10. SPHFerrari

SPHFerrari Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2004
    Mass
    Full Name:
    Spenser
    well then i suppose i wont be there. take some good pics karc

11. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Alex, David...let's touch base beforehand and set a rendezvous point.

Kenny K.

12. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    i think nabbs has a planned route in mind to avoid bumpy streets. we tried to make sure of that knowing that at least the lotus was coming. the path we take should be ok to take the fcars out on as well.

13. Tom S

Tom S Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2003
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Thomas Saupe
    Without checking with The Boss, the 28th is looking good for me.

Tom

14. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    Glad to see some more folks joining us :)

Karc, get your camera ready esse!

-N

15. Driven1413

Driven1413 Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex

Sounds great Kenny. I look forward to another highway blast in the TRs. Will Mark be joining us w/ the Diablo? How early in the AM is this all happening?

Alex

16. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    If weather looks good for the 28th I would join in, Would be nice to get one last ride in before putting car away Dec 1. But who knows we could have snow on roads by then. Was fun driving into work this AM with top down and 19 degree temp but was great to see pre dawn view of Jupiter and Venus just under the moon. Get some odd looks but have always felt unless raining top must be down. with heated seats and vents blowing I was quite warm without even a jacket on. So I think on your drive all vert's must have tops down.

17. ENZOFORZA

ENZOFORZA Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    DUXBURY, MA
    Full Name:
    JAKE
    so its changed to the 28th? I can make the 14th but the 28th Ill be in at the Killington House for Turkey day with the fam. I wanted to take my boy w/ me (hes 3) He loves cars as much as I do. Whats the definite date.

Jake 1995 F355B Rosso Metallico

18. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    Jake:

The event will take place the 28th but at 6AM in the morning. So you should have no issues going to both and have a reason to be tired that evening rather then just blaming the turkey meat;). Hope this helps.

19. GregTe

GregTe Formula Junior

May 3, 2004
    Maine
    6 am????? On a Sunday??? I'd love to come but thats too early for me. Especially with a 2 hr drive down from Maine. If you guys are gonna doing an after lunch drive i'd take the drive down and meet up with you.

20. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003

you own a diablo? you gotta come down! spend the weekend haha. I'm sure we'll be around for awhile. 6am meeting. probably driving and taking pictures for an hour or so. then stopping for food and whatnot. gotta represent with the lambo. id love to see it!

21. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    Greg -- In all honesty, the only way we can make it downtown and park, is if we do it early.

Later in the day and there will be both foot and vehicle traffic. But TGiving Sunday (especially early) should leave downtown Boston especially empty.

Thanks TC and Karc for spreading the word!

-N

22. GregTe

GregTe Formula Junior

May 3, 2004
    Maine
    I understand... if you guys plan any other drives, preferrably sun. afternoon, please let me know. I'd love to take the Diablo for one last blast.

23. JamesR

JamesR Rookie

Aug 5, 2004
    Wouldn't it be too dark for a photoshoot?

24. Jeff Torrey

Jeff Torrey Karting

May 18, 2004
    I'll be there with my 92 Viper...and I'll pass the info on to the New England Viper Club.

25. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    awesome, i just made a post last night on the VCA board.

EDIT: hah just noticed you saw that post already