11/14 -- Early AM Downtown Boston Meet...my last Boston gala :( | FerrariChat

11/14 -- Early AM Downtown Boston Meet...my last Boston gala :(

Discussion in 'New England' started by Nabbs, Nov 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    Hey All!

Well, it's official...I'm moving back to Manhattan in mid-January :( Additionally my Corvette goes away for the winter during TGiving (and my new 500hp Z06 should arrive in the fall!)

Anyway, before I leave Boston I am in the process of spending a little time documenting my stay here. One of the things I have always wanted to do is have a meet in Boston -- and with my days numbered I have decided to push ahead!

So copying the FChat meet in Times Square, I have decided to hold an early morning meet in downtown Boston. The idea being that we can all get a chance to drive our beasts down the empty streets of Boston and pose them in front of otherwise traffic clogged streets. Right now we are looking at the Fanueil Hall/Quincy Market area, but I am open to suggestions.

Tomorrow we will be doing a dry run (I have devoted a few days already to scouting locations) where will finalize the locations.

Right now we have a few cars (a couple of Corvettes, some Lotus' and maybe even a 360), but you can never have enough Ferraris! This will also be a chance to get some nice pictures in beautiful downtown Boston, and perhaps give a parting insult to a Yankees fan ;)

Hope some of you can make it! If not thanks again for letting me tag along to some of your meets, and the hospitality shown to a non-Fcar owner.

Hasta!

-N

2. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    I shall make an appearance. Hopefully, we will get a good group together to take some great photos. The weather appears to be shaping up nicely as well!

3. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    Thanks TC! And thanks to Karc who has offered his services as an ace photographer.

Not TC get on that 360 for me damn it!

-N

4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I would have liked to have come out early Sunday, but alas, I'll be in New Orleans this weekend.

5. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    Ryalex -- I can't believe we both spent the same time at Harvard and our paths never crossed eh?

Enjoy LA (the state) :)

-N

PS -- wanna buy a parking pass for the Everett St. Garage? Lol. Actually, the parking office made me swear to give it back under penalty of yale.

6. spivy

spivy Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Newton, MA
    Full Name:
    Gene Spivak
    Guys,

Love to be there, but leaving for Aruba on 13th. Sorry.

Gene

7. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Ohhh ya, sorry are you?....I'll bet you're real sorry.
    Enjoy and warm the bones :)

Nabbs, I still owe ya for that spin....shoot me some details.

Thkx

Kenny K

8. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    I'll be there as mentioned. Probably the last time for everyone to get their car out. Should be fun!

9. Jakillo

Jakillo Karting

May 29, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Jason Toms
    Please send me an email at [email protected]

I can most likely bring a 02' CL600, 95' E36 M3, and an 05' Corvette C6

10. SPHFerrari

SPHFerrari Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2004
    Mass
    Full Name:
    Spenser
    ill try and make it out. will be fun to see you all again, and as karc said, it will probably be the last event of the season. details please:)

11. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Is the Citgo sign still under construction?

Any good reflective buildings downtown?

Maybe Copley/Stuart St.

12. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    ** Please make sure you read this entire post (sorry it's so long-winded) **

Ok, let me just say I am sooooooooooooo excited for this. Karc, Travis, LotusMan, and myself spent the better part of Saturday morning driving through Boston, planning a route and looking for an ideal end point -- and I am happy to report that we found both! The goal was to find an end point that would A) allow for low cars (like Will's Lotus) to drive the street B) allow for parking of 40+ cars C) provide a scenic backdrop. Well folks, without further ado, the endpoint will be peer right by the Boston the Aquarium right in front of the Chart House -- http://www.chart-house.com/Locations/boston/index.htm

The area offers a beautiful (and equally important: a smooth road) spot that is framed by the Boston skyline as a backdrop. We snapped a few pictures to give everyone an idea of what it looks like:
    Facing the city -- http://nabbs.fbody.com/streets_of_boston/DSC05071.jpg
    Looking towards the bay -- http://nabbs.fbody.com/streets_of_boston/DSC05068.jpg

So the end point will be:
    60 Long Wharf
    Boston, Massachusetts 02110-3602

Now, people have a couple of options; they can meet us at the pier, or they can meet us in Newton. If you choose to meet us in Newton you will get the additional bonus of driving through various deserted streets and being able to pose in front of, otherwise unaccessible, Boston landmarks.
    The route will start out at 35 George Street, Newton, MA take us down Storrow Drive, across the Mass Ave Bridge, down Memorial Drive, and down State St/Milk St/Court St. Because we will be on the road so early, we will be able to stop and take pictures at will (and I have some excellent places in mind).

Pictures of locations (remember the streets will be empty as many of these areas don't allow overnight parking!) take at 1PM yesterday (it was still pretty empty)
    http://nabbs.fbody.com/streets_of_boston/DSC05057.jpg
    http://nabbs.fbody.com/streets_of_boston/DSC05058.jpg
    http://nabbs.fbody.com/streets_of_boston/DSC05062.jpg

So a couple of important questions --

1- Time: This has to be *early* in order for it to work. Sunrise is 6:30, but it is light out by 6AM. I plan to be in Newton by 5:45, and on the road by 6, arriving at the pier by 7AM. However, I wanted to give people a chance to chime re: the time.

2- Date: Sunday is the best, simply because Saturday seems to be a little more congested. However, some folks have asked to do this on Sunday 11/28 as opposed to the 14th. Personally, I will be arriving back in Boston Sat night late (and I can always put the car in storage the following week), so the following Sunday would be better as well. I hate to switch dates, but if people have a preference, please chime in.

This should be a blast! I can't wait.

-N

-N

13. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    I'd say keep both dates open for weather reasons. Hopefully we'll get a day like today.

K.

14. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    questions: are you coordinating this with the police? do you have permission to have 30 someodd cars hang out there for pictures (don't know whether that's public property)?

doody.

15. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    It is public property (hence the cab stand), and since it is not a through street, we shouldn't attract attention. As for police coordination, well, hopefully we'll have a police officer joining us, other then that, the hope is that if we do this early enough, nobody will be the wiser.

Doody -- don't tell me you're going to be the voice of reason ;)

Take the fcar out and join us!

-N

16. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    This is shaping up very well. I am definately coming and should be able to bring a couple Porsche, BMWs, and possibly a Ferrari as well. Let's make this a meet to remember!

17. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Nabbs, you retiring BMS><>?

charon.powweb.com

18. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003

yea... just hopefully for a different reason then yesterday lol.

19. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    Low and behold the silly hosting company up and died on us...they're selling all their assets. I am in the process of moving stuff to another hosting company.

God I love technology!

So can we get a roll call?

LotusMan- Lotus V8TT
    LM guest - Lotus V8
    WhyTry - Z06
    GrantR - Z06
    RedDeath - Z16
    TCM - M5 + guest (360 *hint-hint*)
    ScottsZ - Z06
    Kenny - TR
    TB - M3
    Meems - M3
    Eric - 350Z

There's more, but that's the confirmed now.

Doody -- I should clarify: I doubt 40+ people will show,rather, I was pointing out that the space can hold quite a few cars. Again, it is a public street with cab only parking. However I doubt there will be that many cabs in the AM.

Hopefully BMS will be back soon, but let's keep the list here rolling.

-N

20. SPHFerrari

Sep 25, 2004
    Mass
    Full Name:
    Spenser
    i can most likely come out for some pics. probably in the 00 740iL

21. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    reflective buildings was another thing we wanted to consider. any ideas on where some cars could line up in front of one? or maybe line up above water somewhere to get reflections.. but that one might be tough.

22. 525iT_Feen

525iT_Feen Rookie

May 4, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Olek Migdalski
    I wish I could make it to shoot some pictures with you guys but I have no ride. :(

Sounds like an awesome get together and its definitely something I would love to see. Take lots of pictures.

23. Jakillo

Jakillo Karting

May 29, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Jason Toms
    Ok I just talked to my father and you can DEF count us in.

However we have 2 drivers and 3 cars so please vote on what we should take

M3
    C6 Vette
    CL600

24. SPHFerrari

Sep 25, 2004
    Mass
    Full Name:
    Spenser
    C6 and M3

just my 2cents

25. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    Hey all -- does anybody have a preference on date? There are quite a few people who can't make it this Sunday, but I'm worried about tgiving weekend?

Would anybody be severly inconvienianced for sunday 11/28?

Drove through the city again today -- and I can't wait.

-N

PS - Have everyone seen the Fchat time square shoot out?