News

1/4 mile Mondial t

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Michael B, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hey guys,

I was out with the Mondial t the other morning & tried a run with my G-tech Pro machine.

Here are a few documentation photos:

Notes: 1989 Mondial t 3.4 liter coupe. Smooth soft non-abusive launch (1600 rpm), slow sure shifts - with a short shift into 3rd (6400 rpm), full street equipment, including spouse in passenger seat, 1/3 tank gas.

Also... Just incase: The G-tech machine is accurate when used as directed. I have had the G-tech Pro at the drag strip in several Porsche's and get repeatable results within one tenth of a second & 1-2 MPH of the time slip on every run. Additionally, the horsepower readings report within 5 HP of actual Dyno Jet chassis dyno readings that I have run. So please... Lets not go off on the G-tech machine. Its a nice testing tool for little money - when used correctly.

Oh, one more note. 0-60 = 5.7 seconds - for those who may want to know.

Its not a bad running Mondial t. Sure I could have gotten a little bit more out of it, but this run was just for fun, not for money! I was pretty happy with the time & MPH. (13.9 sec / 107.1 MPH)

2. Robb

Robb F1 World Champ
    Owner Lifetime Rossa

Feb 28, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Robb Williamson
    Pretty cool.

How much do they cost and where can you get them?

Got a web site?

Robb Williamson

3. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

See my evaluation here:

http://www.jimmy540i.com/gtech.htm

4. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I like your info Jimmy, and it looks to support the G-tech specs.

A few things I do want everyone to keep in mind without turning this into a "G-tech" thread:

Remember that the G-tech ET will differ slightly (as you note) from the drag strip - THAT IS BECAUSE - The G-tech starts counting the moment that the car starts to move. Whereas the DRAG STRIP starts counting the moment you break the light beam & start the clock (could be that 1/10 of a second or more you note).

Also remember that the G-tech gives ACTUAL MPH at the end of an exact 1/4 mile. The DRAG STRIP gives an AVERAGED speed between two light beams @ the end of a 1/4 mile. That often is the MPH difference you have noted.

It seems that those two simple facts are often forgotten when talk goes to G-tech specs. However, I think your write up shows well for the G-tech.

Again, not wanting to turn this into a G-tech thread. I was just having fun with my Ferrari is all.

BTW - You can find these G-tech machines at www.gtechpro.com. Mine is an old version. The new version is pretty cool.

5. Robb

Robb F1 World Champ
    Owner Lifetime Rossa

Feb 28, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Robb Williamson
    Very Cool.

I will have to get a G-tech. Thanks for the info and review.

Michael, Is your T stock or have you done anything to its performance? Sounds like a very fast "comfortable" car. Is it a daily driver?

Robb Williamson

6. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Rob,

My Mondial is almost 100% stock, it just has a Borla muffler upgrade. I do drive it often, almost daily. Its pretty comfortable & reasonably quick.

I dont try to think of it as a drag car, but I was happy with the result. It does so many things "right" as it is. Neat car.