how much do zondas go for? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

how much do zondas go for?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by Fadetoblack, May 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ssmith2k3

ssmith2k3 Karting

Apr 7, 2004
    well AMG actually. If anyone hasn't seen the Top Gear Zonda vs. Murcielago video, I highly recommend it. The Zonda sounds awesome!

2. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Pagani fans might want to check out this link : http://www.***************.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1580
    High res pics of just about all the official Pagani pics!! Woohoo!

Funny thing to note, the carbon fiber car was just bought from the owner by Horacio Pagani himself.

Outsourcing? Indeed. For the better? I believe so.

3. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
    Outsourcing . . . your are right, but what exactly is the problem. If it works and is effective I am all for it.

4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Work and effective is good when making a cake. I want something that will make my hear beat , make me smile , or make my knee weaken when i hear it..after seing/hearing several Zondas..im afraid they dont.

5. triXXXter

triXXXter Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Ft. Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Steven G. Ogden
    I wonder why you don't see more of cars made with CF just naked. I would DEFINITELY want a car to be done like that. It's raw and magnificent!

6. 96cobrakid

96cobrakid Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Chris
    here is a pic I snapped of one i saw driving in london, it was posted in another thread, sorry for the double post, and here is my friends bike in all carbon fiber, he is not going to paint it either, it looks sick!

7. GhostRider

GhostRider Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Who really gives a crap about what engine it is? As long as it performs well, what's the difference? Caring about "pure-bread" engines is pure snobbery. More and more auto-makers are starting to do this. Feels like a throw-back to the late 1960's. This type of manufacturing only makes more ideas come to life.

8. Art

Art Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Southern California
    That CLK-DTM looks amazing!

9. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
    I can respect that. I know most people, including myself, who have any knowledge or love for all things mechanical love to see and hear a ferrari go flying by. Same can be said for a Maserati, a Lamborghini, or hell even a big american V8. However, on the very few videos that I have seen of the Zonda in motion, I get that same feeling many people on this board get when they hear a F40 or F50 on the road. I love that slow reving, heavy baritone sound. It really is amazing to watch the Zonda take off like a bat out of hell while at the same time it sounds as if it is hardly trying.

10. Furby

Furby Rookie

Feb 10, 2004
    Rome, Italy
    Have you watched the video of topgear with Vicky driving the Zonda Roadster? In my opinion the sound was really nice :)

Personally, if I had 450k euro to spend on a car, I would be torn on getting a f50, zonda, or carrera gt...

I think that a potential buyer of the zonda should wait another year or so, when the rumoured new zonda with more power should come out. Then, the zonda will be worth the price :D

11. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Onlinesys, I don't know Winston Goodfellow who writes for Sports Car Magazine, I just mentioned it. There is a guy here in Southern California who owns a Yellow Zonda but I don't know him either.

As far as outsourcing, better to have an AMG MB engine in the Zonda with the reliablitity than the Supercharged Ford V8 in the Konesigg. Regarding the Psuedo ugly comment, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, that Zonda is put together extremely well.

The CLK-DTM motor is based on the SLR's engine with a bit less HP but more Torque and it weighs about 400 kilos less according to EVO Magazine.

12. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Chris from Valence, the CF co. that is a sponsor here, said that CF like that tends to yellow over time. So maybe it's just precautionary.

That said, if they could get a good glaze/clearcoat on it... that would be the way to go. An Enzo like that would be unbelievable.

13. Onlinesys

Onlinesys Formula Junior

May 1, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Hi Senna1994,

Sorry for the misunderstanding as I thought you knew the dude who owned those cars(Lambo Merci & Zonda) in the photo taken in HK.

I reckon the debate between the exhaust sound of the Zonda really depends on which exhausts the owner put onto the car. My friend's Zonda got three different exhausts. They are the standard one which is normally used in Europe road-legal but still failed the test in HK to make it road-legal. Therefore, the dealer specially made one to pass the government test and re-installed the standard one later. Another track use exhausts were installed only for track day as it is LOUD!!!!

14. porschecars

porschecars Rookie

May 27, 2004
    USA
    there are pictures somewhere of a zonda in a gas station in Fl, it looked pretty sweet

15. Yock

Yock Rookie

May 12, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ryan Yockey
    That CLK-DTM does look good. Whats is that going to go for?

-Ryan

16. Furby

Furby Rookie

Feb 10, 2004
    Rome, Italy
    Offtopic:
    Onlinesys, is that your 456? It looks beautiful in the color :D

17. Onlinesys

Onlinesys Formula Junior

May 1, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Thanks! I've been enjoying it for 18 months and still love it.