TWA Flight 800 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

TWA Flight 800

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by Ney, Jun 19, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Of course pieces could reach mach four (4000 fps) after a fuel tank explosion. We see mach 30 (30,000 fps) from pieces from bomb explosions. What is this nonsense about a subsonic explosion? The fuel tank, with vapors, was a bomb and pieces are accelerated to very high speeds following an explosion. They also slow down very quickly. What part of no evidence of an impact from a missile or warhead did anybody not understand?

This whole thing is starting to sound like a junior version of the truther theories for 9/11.

2. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    #77 KKSBA, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
    In the documentary they say the NTSB report itself insists that it was a subsonic "low energy" explosion. I cannot confirm if that is true, but they make it clear that it is in the official report.

I think the documentary was well done and shows some things that don't add up. They show some compelling information that points to an external event rather than internal.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    What compelling evidence? An entry hole or a frag pattern indicating a missile impact or warhead explosion? Or a bunch of hand waving. Having seen, and made, frag damage, it is easy to recognize. The metal is bent inwards.

So what is the motive for this conspiracty? If it was a missile test gone astray, someone would have blabbed and someone would have hung.

Rob- Probably should move this to P&R, which I do not frequent. It has gotten that bad.

4. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    Your being overly dramatic. There is nothing P&R here.

Watch the documentary or don't.

5. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Sounds like you have a 'dog' in the missile/bomb theory fight, Karim....

Yes?

6. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Absence of explanation does not imply government cover-up or conspiracy. Disappointing, but true.

7. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    I stand by my assertion that things don't add up. But, I am also not going to jump to conclusions. That's pretty much the focus of the documentary. The official explanation has some holes.

This NTSB investigation had some unusual "interference" that seems unprecedented.

8. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    Sorry no dog in the hunt :D I quoted the page. I am not the author of that page. I think some things don't add up, but I don't get too worked up by conspiracy theories.

This is the original page-
    New Documentary on TWA 800 Set to Premiere

9. FERRARI-TECH

FERRARI-TECH Formula 3

Nov 9, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari-tech
    #84 FERRARI-TECH, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
    I didn't see the "new" documentary last week. was there anything in it that isn't in this one from 2001 ?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6umn4nsNN2E]Silenced: TWA 800 and the Subversion of Justice (2001) - YouTube[/ame]

Or this one ? (pretty much the same thing)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44uu4zWQEEs[/ame]

10. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Interesting videos. Both of them. Thanks for sharing.

11. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
  12. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    afterburner and Texas Forever like this.
  13. tonyswfla

tonyswfla Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 2, 2007
    Florida
  14. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  15. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    So you think it was a massive cluster frick by the Navy?

16. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    If the explosion was in the wing center section ,why is it essentially intact? The tank end ribs are as strong as the upper and lower skin panels. Why haven't more early 747's suffered the same problem?

17. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    I thought that you were saying U Silly Not Head

Texas Forever likes this.
  18. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    It was in the lower tank center section

19. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    There are three or four transverse beams between the front and rear spars that form the center section tanks and the upper and lower skin panels have no deformation in them that would indicate an internal explosion.

20. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    So? No missile strike?

21. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Too many would know for the navy or some other entity to be able to keep a secret like that, The nature of the wreckage breakup, tells the tale and if it was and external source a lot fo people are keepign that secret which is implausibe, esp since many have looked at photos to.
    Thats like saying we didnt land on the moon. or airplanes could not have caused the towers to come down.
    It was internal combustion of some sort, who or what triggered that could be debated.
    i do remember hearign that an older 737 suffered the same fate but on the ground taxying on a hot day, emoty tank bad wiring.

its not as though boeing didnt make planes 737s that had a fault in the ridder valves causing them to roll inot the ground when there were certain pedal movements thta then caused to rudder to lock in the opposite direction on full defelction.
    Things happen.
    Why didnt it happen to other 747s. This was was a pretty early one although not the oldest then flying. Could be TWA was the fist and fortunatly only one it happened in, after which the others were inspected and chafed wiring corrected.

unique circumstances, no one thought jet fuel would vaporize and find agood ignition source. But a near empty tank, hot dsy with hot the ac pach below the tank caused the vapors and the wiring ignited them. That cant happen with a full tank.

22. G8TD

G8TD Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Joe
    No.

The CIA created the accident animation where the aircraft climbed nearly 2,000 ft after the entire nose section seperates from the aircraft. I guess all that stuff concerning AOA and CG didn't apply that day? Also, since when does the CIA provide accident animation to the NTSB? In record time as well. There were also issues between the FBI and NTSB concerning eyewitness reports and "cooperation". Arrests were made for some unofficial sourcing of seat fabric that had concentrations of Thermite. All bunk, I'm sure.

I'm just glad that I never had an empty center tank explode on a Boeing. Fortunately, I was never hit by a missle with my center fuel pumps on and the fuel exhausted.

23. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    No empty center tank on an airplane starting a transatlantic flight with a full load of cool fuel and passengers.

24. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    I'm with you. A center fuel tank explosion "which just happened" seems like a contrived public excuse. I'm not sure the truth will ever come out as to what happened and why. It sure seems like something else brought the plane down and if the CIA is doing NTSB work......that should raise serious questions about the passengers and cargo.

Somedays I wonder how different we are from a third world county.:(

25. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Im saying it was not an errant missile, the plane exploded from within, that seems agreed.
    Ignition source is a debate.