Hamilton deserves more respect | Page 48 | FerrariChat

Hamilton deserves more respect

Discussion in 'F1' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    It's a straight jacket in soothing lavender.

2. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    If you can't earn respect, at least get attention.

furoni, Bas and Jack-the-lad like this.
  3. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I respect the guy’s talent as a driver, but things like this make me wonder what he’s thinking about sometimes.

Senna1994, E60 M5, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  4. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I guess Toto isn't paying him enough and the poor guy must steal gradma pijamas....

5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    How i love that 375 in your avatr, gosh what a gorgeous thing!!, even elton in that suit would look classy inside!

RobertJRB likes this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

And u are a mod? Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

william likes this.
  7. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe

How is being a moderator relevant? Did something he posted violate forum rules?

Bas and furoni like this.
  8. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    She has trouble with differing views.

9. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I for once i'm glad he's got an opinion on the subject, that doesn't influence his ability on being a moderator...iof Elton likes to look like a lavanda fridge, he's gonna get some flack!

10. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    So, going back to the original premise of this thread (Hamilton deserves more respect), I recall something my brother explained to me. He (a U.S. Citizen) spent a couple of years in Russia. Among the many things he learned was a Russian saying that is something like "the nail that stands out gets the hammer." If it seems to Lewis' fans that he attracts an inordinate amount of negative blowback, I suggest that it is directly proportionate to his conduct outside of the car. Who knows what the man is really like; only his inner circle would know that, and maybe no even them. The only thing the public can determine is what is presented to them. The whacky outfits and the introduction of poisonous identify politics into sport is certainly going to polarize observers. Respect is generally given where it is earned.

My mind goes back to Lewis when he was just starting out with McLaren. At that point, he was a humble, fresh-faced kid who seemed genuinely surprised by his own talent and good fortune. Fast forward to now...kind of different story.

stavura, Bas, gh0st0 and 3 others like this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

Well guess what- I created this thread and it’s pathetic to see you guys being anything from bigots, disrespectful, not talking about f1.
    I wanted the thread to be about racing, about f1 skills but all I see is a bunch of questionable comments completely off topic.
    Carry on

Borrow’d Mine and william like this.
  12. Natkingcolebasket69

At least someone on topic.

13. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

You expect some impartiality from a moderator, or is it too much to ask ?

14. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    I think your original premise is worthy of lots of discussion and exchange, and some of it is naturally going to degenerate. Especially among a demographic (FChat) who is somewhat devoted to other teams and drivers. If a world-class driver appears on the scene and focuses their image on driving, the viewing public quite simply judges them on their driving. Maybe that's what we expect and what makes sense to us. (Think Nigel Mansell or Senna). Does Hamilton deserve more respect as a driver? Probably. However, when a sports figure starts getting delusions that their ability to do a fast lap (or hit a ball or run fast) translates to the right and duty to become an unelected purveyor of political wisdom, that's problematic. We all know where to look when we want politics...and F1 ain't it.

If Hamilton wants to be judged as a driver, he needs to keep his head down and be a driver. His unforced errors over the last few races (the wrong button incident, sliding off the track, damaging his car, etc.) should give him pause for refocus. Maybe it's time to leave the lavender suits and the moon boots off the agenda and focus on his day job?

Picchu88 likes this.
  15. Natkingcolebasket69

U make good points but again this is a thread about his racing skills none of the above.
    As a big time senna fan I can tell you ayrton was also very vocal on some topics too. Less media then.

Lavender suits have nothing to do with his ability to do the job.

Mansell? He was known for spending more times at the pub than training. Again another guy lucky to not have been in the social media era. Don’t get me wrong, I loved him too.
    Fashion is fashion & additionaly Hamilton’s background and heritage culture (I.e African) likes bright colors. Seems it bothers some of u that’s fine. I have no problems wearing any colors, so long as my wife approves.
    I would venture to say most anti Hamilton posters are way passed 50 years of age.

In the end, even his pre Mercedes era numbers speak for themselves.

The guy is great.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Baracus250GT and ricksb like this.
  16. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    #1191 Jack-the-lad, Jul 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
    Why? They are uncompensated and permitted to express their opinions. Is it a sin to comment on how someone chooses to present himself in public?

JJ likes this.
  17. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Hate to say it, that’s what’s in style today. My kids love what he is wearing.

william and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  18. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Well guess what else: Nothing in your thread title sets any boundaries about the scope of the discussion.

Besides....I already gave him respect: See #1178.

19. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Thread creator confers no special powers. Sorry, Napoleon.

Hocakes and Jack-the-lad like this.
  20. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Key word.:)

fil and E60 M5 like this.
  21. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    You will find my impartiality to be above board after moderating here for many, many years. I am actually more conservative than most.
    I have zero hate for Hamilton. He made a smart move years ago to join Merc and it has rewarded him with multiple championships.
    As far as the thread title goes, many, many pro athletes fall into the "love or hate" category in any sport, period!
    You would get laughed out as a Yankee fan for loving on any Red Sox player. So why expect gushing for Hamilton on a Ferrari board?? That does not give license to being rude or violating the rules, period.
    There is plenty of room in the sandbox for all opinions.
    The world isn't always fair and I am sure Hamilton sleeps just as easily every night whether I like his outfit or not.

Robb likes this.
  22. Natkingcolebasket69

Aside being French I’m 6”4 so u got that almost right JJ

Bas, JJ and E60 M5 like this.
  23. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    :D

Natkingcolebasket69 and E60 M5 like this.
  24. Natkingcolebasket69

It’s all fun and games;)
    I would prefer if we would just stick to driving and racing: good things AND bad things the guy is doing.
    After all- I’m sure a lot of us are turning on F1 these days because of him: some like him & some hate him and want him to fail and are pleased by his current performances.
    All I know is that I wish I had been able to be as good as a driver as almost those guys are (maybe mazepin aside;))

Terra and JJ like this.
  25. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Yeah, a lot of that gets lost in translation when it's all words on a screen. :)

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.