FORMULA 1 EMIRATES GRAND PRIX DE FRANCE 2021 - Le Castellet...QUALIFYING...... ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀ | Page 5 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 EMIRATES GRAND PRIX DE FRANCE 2021 - Le Castellet...QUALIFYING...... ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Jun 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Like the only reason Verstappen is on Pole today is because of his car ? ;)

ricksb, ktu, Jakuzzi and 2 others like this.
  2. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Very difficult to explain that to some people.

Jakuzzi, DF1 and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  3. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    That OK for a test track where you don't want to damage a car, but not appropriate on a race circuit .
    Grass and gravel are OK, and some drivers who are allowed to speak their mind say so.
    It's not very pleasing to the eye, and rather confusing when watching on TV.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    william likes this.
  5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

In the Tauri - no matter how good Max is he does not take pole. So yes you need a FAST car and the capability to drive it to the potential. :)

ktu, william and Jakuzzi like this.
  6. JSBMD

JSBMD Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2007
    The OC
    Full Name:
    John
    I wonder if they could just put the abrasive component into black paint, and skip the red/blue stripes all around this track. Seems its just textured paint, why not remove the psychedelic colored stripes?

Seems this would achieve the same goal, without the distractions....

7. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Max is the better driver. Hamilton without DAS advantage is still good..but not Max good. Yes Max has a new engine..not sure if Benz has installed a new power unit..

nsxrebel and Bas like this.
  8. DF1

Really? DAS. One season. LH nearly won the title his first year. He took advantage of a fast car as a rookie and did not crash it all over the circuits. In comparing the 2 LH has a record Max probably will not match. LH has won titles with 2 different teams. In an objective view when avoiding the current media hype on Max, LH has a record of achievement and WINNING consistency that is not easy to match.

One day I could say the same about Max. It will not be with RedBull. For 7 years they have done almost nothing to challenge Mercedes and go through drivers as if they are disposable in a failed driver system. Only now do they act as a team that takes both titles seriously. Again, why do Horner and Helmut have jobs??? They have not brought the results the funding they spend demands.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Max is the better driver NOW..

RobertJRB, Bas and 375+ like this.
  10. DF1

The press says he is. When he wins under pressure a title with a team mate who pushes him like Rosberg pushed LH, I might agree. Max faces little internal pressue of any kind. Perez, as skilled and experienced in F1 is not at all pushing Max. Rosberg pushed LH and most do not give Nico the credit he deserves in facing LH. LH faced FA and JB as well.

Max is gifted and this year could be his year that brings more credibility alive.

11. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Tell that to Michael...and not only once!
    You an also tell it to Prost...

12. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Nope.
    MV is making the difference. Look at his gap to the other RB

13. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

People can not be objective about Hamilton on this forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Natkingcolebasket69

So what are we saying when Hamilton outqualified bottas all these years?

15. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Sainz has been flying all weekend. Credit where it's due.

LOL

Merc got a new engine at the last race.

Genuinely amazing how quickly you managed to get a comment about Max V Lewis about Horner and Helmut needing the sack, again.

Using your logic every team executive from every team has needed sacking since the hybrid era. Actually, scratch that, since the ''slicks'' era? A new team beating everyone out there? SACKED. RBR 4 titles in a row? SACKED. Mercedes builds a great car and highly over powered engine and wins every hybrid season to date? SACKED.

The unemployment line would be very long if you where in charge. And Mercedes would still be winning everything. Sacking all those people wouldn't make a single team faster.

Lets get some facts here:

2014 Renault was a dud of an engine. Their engine partner since 2007 or something.
    2015 Renault promises great engines. They are duds again. Chassis/aero not the greatest. Renault promises a brand new PU for 2016.
    2016, engine is a dud. Renault promises the world and a brand new engine for 2017.
    2017, brand new engine doesn't come, instead, 2017 engine is an unreliable turd that cost Renault several potential wins and certainly podiums
    2018 World promised again, again the engine is a slow unreliable turd. Red Bull had enough and dumps them for Honda. F1 fans berate Red Bull for this decision, how dare they dump their former engine partner that won them 4 titles?
    2019 Renault promises the world with a brand new engine, takes Ricciardo from RBR at a huge financial cost. Red Bull Honda annihilates Renault, and start really moving forwards despite the new aero regulations hurting their entire concept of car.
    2020 Renault still promising world class engines. To be fair to Renault, the engine is fast, but for 2 laps only, then it's slow again. Red Bull finishes 2nd comfortably.
    2021. Best Renault powered car is in 7th place. Behind Red Bulls B team. Ricciardo has moved on to greener grass and Renault F1 boss has been given the sack for being a useless ****, including spending 30 million a season on a driver when they should've used that money elsewhere instead. Red Bull leading the championships.

I know you hate Red Bull, Horner and Marko especially but I do wonder why you want them sacked so badly? They're the only team that is actually giving a legitimate challenge to Mercedes.

jgonzalesm6 and ingegnere like this.
  16. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The gap to Bottas has rarely been very large, and Bottas usually qualified his car in 2nd. Ergo, Mercedes was definitely the best car.

Now we have Max qualifying on the front row, normally well clear of his teammate. Same goes for the races. I'm not convinced that the Red Bull is comfortably the best car yet. In the hands of Max it gives an advantage. Lewis, the supposed GOAT, should be doing better than qualifying a mere tenth ahead of his lapdog teammate, given he's in the title fight, no? Especially given that Lewis got the tow, again.

Red Bull matches the Merc on saturdays but sunday is very much track dependent. As @ricksb said, the Merc has an advantage on the mediums still, which of course should be a tyre for the race. This track has Mercedes written all over it, it's very similar to Portimao and Barcelona, where Mercedes was fastest. Unless Red Bull have made a series of upgrades that changed this, I still expect Mercedes to do very well tomorrow. If not...a turning point in the season was reached here.

17. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

It's the SIZE of the gap in quali.
    Look at MV's gaps to team mates Gasly and the Russian chap.

By contrast the Hamilton gaps to Bottas have been diminutive.

In Max we are seeing team mate gaps akin to the Schumacher days.

Bas likes this.
  18. rotaryrocket7

rotaryrocket7 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2011
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Bas is right. The Red Bull isn’t head and shoulders a better car at all. Max makes that car - other drivers would be behind Mercedes a la Perez.

19. RobertJRB

RobertJRB Karting

Feb 8, 2012
    Sorry but this makes no sense. You basically say that only when he is also beaten by his team mate you agree he is the best driver? Doesn’t that just tell otherwise?

Bas likes this.
  20. Natkingcolebasket69

5 poles in 127 races doesn’t deserve a comparison to Michael.

21. Natkingcolebasket69

I would think if Mercedes has more pace on the medium they could win tomorrow

Bas likes this.
  22. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    RB is on new power units. Merc drivers are on the second race on their new power units.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  23. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Max is pushing the car where no one else could.

SimCity3 and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    My thinking as well. I missed majority of all practice sessions so I've no idea how either RBR or Merc behaved on the Hard tyre and (average) times that was set. The Merc is really good on the medium however. Interesting race coming up!

Natkingcolebasket69 and Jakuzzi like this.
  25. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    #125 ktu, Jun 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    LOL!!! Its Max the driver? Not the car? LOL!!! Dude that narrative will never fly around here. This is a best car contributes 100% and driver contributes 0% based website. Hamilton has 7 championships to Verstappens 0 and people are still saying its the car.