NBA 20-21 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

NBA 20-21

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 95spiderman, Dec 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Have you not noticed this for the past 3-4 years?

'Load Management'.

Teams have NOW figured out - just play well enough, win enough, to make it into the post-season.
    Where you are in the standings does not matter.

Once in the post-season, all hands on deck and play your ass off.....

greg328 likes this.
  2. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    is nets defense v bucks due to playoff efforts v regular season loafing? or is it bucks just shot poorly on their own. i thinks its mostly bucks were off. we'll see how their shooting goes in milwaukee

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I love Kawhi but KD is just more skilled...
    And for being a teammate of Tony when we were 16 i can tell u he was amazing.
    Tony Parker trust me u are mistaken in saying kawhi only had tim... in 2013 and 2014 Tony was the leader and finished 4th in mvp voting. He was a beast...
    I once went for a layup and was around top of the key and he was around mid court, he was so fast that he managed to catch me at the basket and bother my layup , so fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greg328 and ShineKen like this.
  4. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus

I love me some Tony Parker. Some years, I said he was way underrated and best PG in the league. One year, I believe he had most buckets in the paint for a PG. I have mad respect for Tony’s game. I simply said Tim Duncan was his Kawhi’s best teammate... till this day. TD, TP, Ginobli were at the tail end of their careers when they won a chip. Barely even considered all star players. That was a collective effort with a bunch of old guys going ham with some help Kawhi. Kawhi was surely not the man but stepped up big as a role player.

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Exactly—-KD was the man in Oklahoma and no matter how much I love Steph... step underperformed in the finals...KD was the man ...
    I’ll tell u who is overrated and runs his mouth too much... Draymond! And I live in the bay... bust defensive player ever ? I take pippen and Kawhi other him& they can score too!

6. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I think a fair assessment between KD and Kawhi would be to swap them and gauge the likelihood of the results.

Kawhi in that Warriors team in place of KD. 2 chips?

Kawhi on Nets in place of KD today... chip?

KD in Toronto... chip?

KD in Clippers today... chip?

7. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    kawhi on nets instead of kd with harden and kyrie would be the dream team. not so sure how kd would do on clips w george. kd and kawhi are flip sides of same coin. but history will remember kd more for his offensive skills at 7 foot than will remember kawhi as a 2 way player.

btw, i always thought iguadola was best defender on gsw title teams no draymond

8. Natkingcolebasket69

Draymond is annoying ... I don’t think he doesn’t that well without klay and Steph. Definitely a good player...but Charles Barkley calls him the triple single for a reason!

95spiderman likes this.
  9. Natkingcolebasket69

What I do love about Kawhi is his body strength & the fact that he is always balanced and under control. He goes to his spot and is very efficient.
    KD is another millennial entitle Brat...but his size is just incredible... u don’t see many 7footer being so agile.

ShineKen likes this.
  10. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus

That's the thing. Kawhi is the silent assassin. Let's look at the numbers for the last 7 playoff games.

Points Per Game: CLAW - 32.1 KD - 32

FG%: Claw - 61.2% KD - 55%

Effective FG%: Claw - 67.5% KD- 61.%

2p FG%: Claw - 69.1% KD- 56.9 % (Claw is the more skilled inside / midrange player. Michael Jordan said the 3 pts shot is a bail out shot if you can't get anything going on the inside).

3p FG% Claw- 42.5 % KD - 50% (3 point chucker)

Free throw%: Claw - 89.8% KD- 91.1%

If you want an offensive player who can get inside the 3 point line , create pressure on the defense and make plays for his teammates, with Kawhi's midrange and post up game consistency... that's the guy you want to go with.

If you want someone who can chuck 3's at will and make them at a high percentage because he's 7 foot tall, then KD is your man. Don't have an offense going? Chuck a 3 (like college basketball). But if he gets cold in a game 6 and 7 ... you live and die by the sword. Great for padding regular season stats, but reliable for winning a playoff series? Remember when Steph, the "greatest shooter of all time" couldn't hit 3's in the Finals? Or Harden's 3's in game 6/7s?

11. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    The Claw remembers.

12. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus

Is this a carry or this a carry? Are we mistakening carrying for handles?

greg328 likes this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

They all Carry since Allen Iverson got in the league in 96

BMW.SauberF1Team and ShineKen like this.
  14. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Kawhi doesnt carry ;)

15. Natkingcolebasket69

Well he does have huge hands

16. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Clippers aren’t gonna win anything with George Paul playing like that. Not a natural shooter.

17. Natkingcolebasket69

They let that one slip away... Mitchell pretty much won by himself!

18. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Durant is taking over end of game 3 right now...crazy.

19. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    What stupid decision making. Last two shot attempts by Nets were not by Durant. What a waste.

20. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Exactly

21. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    remember start of season when kyrie said they dont need/have a coach? players can coach themselves? really?

all season long, nets have big trouble inbounding ball. even if they have the lead and just have to get it inbounds to get fouled. even if can go into back court. they cannot get ball in. forget it if its like last night when they need to get it in and get a shot off. theyre like middle school team at that. and now it came back to bite them good.

its all because they dont practice or coach it because nash is too laid back to force his will on them and players are too full of themselves to take little things seriously.

regardless, as skeptical a nets fan as i am, im not scared of bucks anymore. nets will take this series. gianis is like a big russell westbrook. great physical specimen that cant shoot and that causes him to lose in playoffs. put paul george in same category.

ShineKen likes this.
  22. Natkingcolebasket69

Well Steve Nash imo isn’t a good coach. I mean that team is so talented any fool could take it far.

What Kyrie needs, aside a good shrink, is a popovich!

23. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i give nash lots credit to put up with the bs he must get. he is most laid back guy in world who always defuses situation. i seriously think ky would quit league if had to work w guy like pop. kd or harden might put up with it but not ky. hardass coach might implode a team like nets. nash is the right guy for the job. but teach them how to inbound the freakin ball!!

24. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    and thats a wrap. 1st harden, now kyrie. i predict kd should go down 2nd qt game 5. sick to my stomach

25. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Harden will be back, Now we have a somewhat equal fight between Net and Clippers. KD/Harden vs Claw/George Paul. Now what??