430 - First Post - F430 Manual as first Ferrari? | FerrariChat

430 First Post - F430 Manual as first Ferrari?

Discussion in '360/430' started by TimBowe, May 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TimBowe

TimBowe Rookie

May 28, 2021
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tim Bowe
    Hey Everyone,
    Name is Tim Bowe in Atlanta. First post on FerrariChat and I have just started looking at used Ferraris. 2 sources have shared with me that Ferrari of Atlanta has an F430 with a Gated Manual. I have not seen the car, and it's not on their website, but apparently it is Red/Tan, Luggage, Spare Tire Kit, and 9K miles. Sounds perfect - but not sure if I can get the money together in time. Apparently word of mouth is spreading and I may miss the car, sounds like a few people are interested.

Sorry if these are nuisance questions, but I would appreciate any input that I can get. Would the F430 be a good first Ferrari? Would a Manual F430 be a good choice, as well? Does anybody know anything about this car?

Apologize for the new-guy questions, I'm just beginning my journey to get my first Ferrari. I plan on joining the Ferrari Club of America and participating in local Chapter events, as well.

Thanks for your patience with these questions,
    Tim

2. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Fantastic choice. Seriously. Relatively easy maintenance with no timing belts or F1 system. If you can swing it go for it.

3. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Agreed a manual 430 is a great first Ferrari. It is also the last of its kind so it should only go up in value.

F40org likes this.
  4. TimBowe

TimBowe Rookie

May 28, 2021
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tim Bowe
    Thanks mchas and CoreyNJ. That’s what I was thinking, I appreciate the validation.

5. SlickMurphy

SlickMurphy Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2004
    Essex
    Full Name:
    David
    If it is priced right, try to put a deposit down via credit card and figure the cash out later. This will take it off the market. Control the situation.

6. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Or just borrow more and pay off later

7. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I bought one new in 2005 and still have it. It's been a great car.

Dave

one4torque and EastMemphis like this.
  8. SpencerMarks

SpencerMarks Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2017
    Woodstock, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Spencer
    I’ve seen it. It’s very nice. But in my honest opinion the Manual F430s are extremely over rated, as far as prices go. And I’ve heard the number they’re asking and it’s not cheap.

9. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    My first Ferrari was a 2009 F430 and I love it!!
    Mine is the F1 because I couldn’t spend another $50K on the manual one sitting next to it at CNC.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Nonoyeahyeah likes this.
  10. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    I have a 458 Italia that I use as my daily driver. If you are using the car as a daily driver then I would go for F1 transmission but if I had another car that I would drive during the week and the F430 would just be taken out on weekends, then no question I would get the gated version.

Had an Aston Martin V8 Vantage that shares the exact same F1 transmission as the F430 from the same third party manufacturer and I could never get on with it, it was clunky, when I would reverse I would smell clutch...no good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nonoyeahyeah likes this.
  11. TimBowe

TimBowe Rookie

May 28, 2021
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tim Bowe
    Thanks for all the feedback. Missed the car. Sold in 1 day without even being advertised. I’ll keep looking.

12. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Franklin Park, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    I'm not surprised it sold in one day due to the collectible nature of that spec. That is probably the most desirable car configuration for a collector.

That said, I have what most would consider a driver. 08 F430 spider w/ 36k miles, in grigio silverstone. I had it converted to a stick as that is the only transmission I'm interested in driving for this type of car. I've never understood why people think a daily driver shouldn't be a stick, I've had daily drivers for 30 years that are stick, I don't see why it's ever been an issue. Slightly less convenient for commuter type driving, but not a big deal afaic, and better than automatic for 99% of the time you're driving.

I haven't driven a ton of cars, but in my experience, there is no other. The combination of power, sound, drive, looks, and the gated shifter, it doesn't get any better than this.

Also my first Ferrari.

Il Tifoso and Mimmo Blue like this.
  13. SlickMurphy

SlickMurphy Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2004
    Essex
    Full Name:
    David
    That was a quick sale at their $244k asking.

14. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    Not worth the premium imo. For the difference in price you can get a manual V12 Vantage