Help needed on Ferrari 308 GTS window lift channel | FerrariChat

Help needed on Ferrari 308 GTS window lift channel

Discussion in '308/328' started by leslie_choo, May 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. leslie_choo

leslie_choo Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2012
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    BCChoo
    I have removed my front window glass for a full restoration , during the installation process I notice that there is no window glass lift channel ( cannot find this part in catalog too) and I am not sure how the glass will fit into the power window cables systems . I have searched the threads and found mostly related to the power window motor Rebuid / add relays . Can someone help ? if you have the pictures to show how the window glass can be lifted from the power motor cable will be great help ! Thanks in advance !

Image Unavailable, Please Login

This lift channel below is for other car I just show the pic here so you know what I am referring too .

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I will have to open my door to answer (which I need to do to install new speakers), but from memory, I think the attachment is thru the glass itself, as the diagram shows.

The channel is used in later cars..
    Maybe some others will have more info!!!

It's raining here tomorrow ...:D :D

3. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    I believe your window is connected directly to the cable system as can be seen on the picture below showing the system on a 512 BBi. It's easy the determine; if your windows have holes in the two bottom most corners then no need for a special lifting U-frame.

Best, Peter

4. mexicruiser

mexicruiser Karting

Aug 28, 2012
    Full Name:
    Jon
    On my 80 308GTBi it is like the above picture of the BBi, the glass has two holes into which four plastic liners/washers (69) are fitted, then two metal washers a thru bolt, onto the bolt goes a threaded spacer (40) then more washers (41) that bite onto the cable, kept tight with a nut in the end.

pshoejberg likes this.
  5. leslie_choo

leslie_choo Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2012
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    BCChoo
    Thank you very much for the picture and all the info provided to me . I confirm that I have the bolt tied up at the end of the window so looks like there is no extra lift channel needed to move up the window gloss . thank you again !

6. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    If you need new flocked rubber channels for the glass or the seal on the front of the small window frames, I have some left.

7. Banzairacer

Banzairacer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Sanjeev Thohan
    The pictures are correct. Make sure to secure and change the bolt nuts with nylock nuts. In line I had the channel near the door jamb on both sides. The bolts can loosen and it makes a mess if you have window tinting.