488 - How does everyone like their Pista? Is it a keeper? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

488 How does everyone like their Pista? Is it a keeper?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Thecadster, May 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    That is incredible, congratulations

Thecadster likes this.
  2. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Thanks for the well wishes and kind regards everyone. It arrived safe and sound. Now I have to wait until Tuesday to get the title, then I can go to the DMV for a license plate. Until then, I will just be staring at in the garage.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    ********!!! What a garage!!

tekaefixe and Thecadster like this.
  4. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Presume it has PPF.....

Thecadster likes this.
  5. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Just the front. I drop it off on Wed next week with my detailer to finish the job. I’m also going to put Exoshield on the front windshield.

Art138 likes this.
  6. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Drive it!
    Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11 and Thecadster like this.
  7. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Long story, but I don’t have a temp tag. NC is a little weird, and so I wouldn’t want to risk driving that car without a plate. I’ll just be staring and lusting until Tuesday...

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  8. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Out of curiosity, I went through my old text messages to see when I first officially signaled my interest in a Pista, and it was March 2018. It took me much longer than I expected, but I ended with a great example that I intend to keep forever.

JTSE30, AD211, junc and 4 others like this.
  9. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Bravo. A car that makes you look forward to tomorrow has done its job. That's why these cars are worth the money spent. Something the cash will never do.

10. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    The F152 series will be just as long.

Thecadster likes this.
  11. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I can’t wait for you to compare it to the 765 and give an honest impression owning both simultaneously.

12. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Gh21631, Jo Sta7 and Thecadster like this.
  13. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Super cars are supposed to enhance your enjoyment of life. The fact that I look forward to tomorrow because it is another opportunity to drive my car, that speaks volumes.

14. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Variety is the spice of life. Adding a brunette to your stable of blonde and red head playgirls should be highly satisfying. Enjoy.

Thecadster likes this.
  15. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    You bought a blue Ferrari and a red Lamborghini.......an Italian kumbaya moment

Congrats, well earned

OK, what's next?

16. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Thanks Shark. I know most would have done the opposite and opted for a red Ferrari and a blue Lamborghini, and I seriously considered doing just that. So I look for my acquisition strategy to slow dramatically at this point, as I take time to enjoy what I have and replenish the car fund. After the STO arrives next year, my plan for the next several years looks like the following. I have to add a Porsche at some point. I am leaning in the direction of the 992 GT3 RS in British Racing Green. I have always lusted after that color. The new 992 GT3 by all accounts is closer to the 991 GT3 RS than to the 991 GT3. It stands to reason the 992 GT3 RS will be proportionately even more raw. At that point, I will probably back fill in some interesting custom type cars. Perhaps, a Singer Porsche and Icon FJ. Both of those have some significant lead time, so that would help me replenish additional funds.

As I have said before, the new electrification of cars does not appeal to me. I don’t really need the cars to be any more powerful, any faster, any heavier, any more complicated, or any more expensive. So as we sit at the inflection point, right before the new era of cars are unleashed (SF90, LB, Artura, 720S replacement, etc) I have no interest in heading that direction.

FordGTDriver, Coincid and Shark01 like this.
  17. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    No love for the new Ford GT? Carrera GT? Challenge Stradale? A rare Diablo varient? Maybe old school 993 Turbo? I just have a tough time figuring how a 992 GT3 RS adds any value to what you already have.

Thecadster likes this.
  18. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I love the new Ford GT, but I don’t love the price point. I would rather have three amazing cars for the cost of that one car. Same with the Carrera GT. Also, the Carrera GT has a well-deserved reputation of being a widow maker... The generations before the current generation (Diablo, Challenge Stradale, Scuderia, Murcielago, et al) I simply do not fit in (something having to do with being 6’6” 265lbs). I don’t really have the resources to go up in car (TDF, 812 Competizione, etc). Regarding how the 992 GT3 RS fits, I think it slides in a hole. Mostly, I need a Porsche and I am targeting end of era type cars. I would love a GT2 RS, but it will likely be hard to find a good example a couple years from now.

Shark01, Coincid and ScrappyB like this.
  19. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Congrats. A great pair!

tickerhound and Thecadster like this.
  20. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    A rare Diablo (SE30) is what I recently indulged in. There’s much to love about a limited edition lightweight variant with a gated V12.

KenU, johnr265, Spider68 and 8 others like this.
  21. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Man o man, THIS THIS THIS....so well said!!!

I normally don't care what people think about me but i don't want people to think that I have a Ferrari as a look at me type of thing. For me ...I enjoy cars, I've always wanted a Ferrari as the looks and racing heritage attract me. I'm in it for the performance and enjoy hanging out with others that love racing, track days and those type of things.

SVR, Thecadster and Coincid like this.
  22. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    That is absolutely spectacular. I love it. Truly a safe place to park cash AND have a ton of fun while doing so. Sadly, I am physically far too big for such an amazing car.

23. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    The NFGTs will definately come down in price.....they aren't million dollar cars.

I think you would fit easy in a Diablo Roadster....30,000 feet of headroom. And it is truly an end of era car.

A GT2 RS I would think would be a much more fun car to own....and there will be a bunch of "in the wrapper" cars.

Spider68 and Thecadster like this.
  24. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Geez, talk about a great blue chip investment car that is also great to drive (just an assumption based on my car, as these are WAY to rare for me to get close to)......well played Scrappy!

Thecadster likes this.
  25. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Yeah, but we do have to stop for gas, and sometimes turns into a circus. I had a guy yesterday was was WAY too amped up to the point where I was uncomfortable.