Forza Valve Position | FerrariChat

Forza Valve Position

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by adamellisdj, May 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. adamellisdj

adamellisdj Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Adam Ellis
    Hey guys. I’ve got my Sline x pipe and Fabspeed Decats being installed next week.

I went for the valved option for the Sline and it comes with a forza.

Im thinking the valves should start opened and I can close when I need too. But Incase I want it the other way, how easy is it to change the valve position on start up?

2. Depreciating Asset

Depreciating Asset Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2019
    Cary, NC
    Full Name:
    Randy
    The default position is set by repositioning jumpers in the control unit. Easy to do...if the control unit is accessible. If you think you will want to adjust those jumpers, make sure it’s installed somewhere that’s not too hard to get to.

johnr265 likes this.
  3. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Depreciating Asset likes this.
  4. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    I thought I'd want it this way but regretted it. Unfortunately the unit was already installed so I had to remove the unit, open it up, and switch the jumper. The shop that installed the unit did a REALLY good job sticking it into the car so it was a pain to get it out.

You can always flip from closed to open before you start the engine (but after you switch on the electronics) if you want the car to start up in open mode.